Hashisx

Weapon Damage Nerfs

I'm glad the Lee Enfield was put down to 2 shots a long with how loud it was. It was such a common weapon. I hated the Enfield for the reason of it being so common and 1 shot. Good for use but to die to is just cheap. If you're gonna have a 1 shot weapon make it military cause the LE was OP. As for the pistols, i feel the M1911 and Rev shouldn't of been lowered cause now Maks and other common pistols are better then harder to find ones which is the problem i had with the Lee Enfield. I know this is th Arma 2 patch that did this no i am have no complaint to Rocket.

Yes, anyone can get them. But this does not change anything. If you have one you are much stronger than someone who doesn't have one. This gap should'nt be too big. This gap also gives players with good aim a big advantage. Its easier for players with bad aim to kill someone if he just needs one or two shots than if he has to put 5 bullets into someones ass. In my oppinion this game should be no deathmatch so personal aiming skill should'nt be more important than smart behaviour. Now a good player just turns around after the first shot an kills the attacker. Previously he was dead already.

It would be much better to increase the zombie life than to decrease the weapon damage.

Yeah this is a FPS. If you have bad aim you lose. That's how it works.

Yeah this is a FPS. If you have bad aim you lose. That's how it works.

I can understand that you don't see the difference between a FPS and a game based on a military sim. Expected nothing less!

Edited by Knightowl
  • Like 1

I can understand that you don't see the difference between a FPS and a game based on a military sim. Expected nothing less!

So basically you think that in game you can't get someone by surprise because they will turn and shoot you.

You can shoot more than once before someone turns.

This game isn't as realistic as you seem to believe either if you want to get that technical. Even 1 9mm round would cause enough pain to render most non-military people to be useless in combat. It wouldn't kill them though.

So basically you think that in game you can't get someone by surprise because they will turn and shoot you.

You can shoot more than once before someone turns.

No, thats not what i'm thinking. That is what you're thinking because you're a constantly trying to simplify everything so much that there is no sense or meaning left.

What i'm thinking is that this damage nerf makes the prozentual chance to survive for players with bad aiming coming from behind after someone with good aiming lower than it was before. The moment of surprise was nerfed for players who are not good at aiming. Easy. I personally think this is not the right way to go. This is no e-sport fps game where player-aiming and movements skills are more important than everything else. It should not be possible to stand up and shoot back after you got some bullets into your ass.

This game isn't as realistic as you seem to believe either if you want to get that technical. Even 1 9mm round would cause enough pain to render most non-military people to be useless in combat. It wouldn't kill them though.

It isn't this realistic anymore. Thats right.

This game is about survival, If you see somwan with a stronger weapon, FLEE or HIDE.

Or catch him in a ambush. You fucking pussy's are all bitching just because you cant one shot a zombie/player anymore. Know you need to think before shooting, because your victim may survive the attack and will shoot you.

This also encourages to play with other players. They only downside I see is that zombies zig zag to much, and that in combination with less weapon damage makes it pretty annoying to kill thos fuckers.

I really think Rocket needs to fix zombies first before making this kind of changes.

This game is about survival, If you see somwan with a stronger weapon, FLEE or HIDE.

Or catch him in a ambush. You fucking pussy's are all bitching just because you cant one shot a zombie/player anymore. Know you need to think before shooting, because your victim may survive the attack and will shoot you.

Would be nice to know how you are going to set up a ambush against someone who is going to just turn around and kill you with one shot. Thats what i'm talking about. Ambushing players is harder - especially with weak weapons - than it was before without any reason.

Something funny happened yesterday in cause of this. I started a new character after getting sniped in stary! A player with a revolver saw me and i saw him. I was running at him while he already started to put bullets in me. i axed him down with one hit and stole his weapons, with 6000 life left! A few days before the player with the gun had killed me with ease. :D

Shortly after i've killed him i noticed that i killed a friend of mine! :D He respawned close to elektro and gave me a blood pack! :P

This also encourages to play with other players.

I don't see a reason for this. Because zombies are stronger now? They are not. I just use my axe all the time instead of shooting them. Its better anyway since you don't let any snipers hear your gunfire.

Yes, anyone can get them. But this does not change anything. If you have one you are much stronger than someone who doesn't have one. This gap should'nt be too big. This gap also gives players with good aim a big advantage. Its easier for players with bad aim to kill someone if he just needs one or two shots than if he has to put 5 bullets into someones ass. In my oppinion this game should be no deathmatch so personal aiming skill should'nt be more important than smart behaviour. Now a good player just turns around after the first shot an kills the attacker. Previously he was dead already.

It would be much better to increase the zombie life than to decrease the weapon damage.

even if the first shot doesn't kill the person, they can still get knocked unconscious, broken leg, pain shaking, etc, from that one shot

and it is all about smart behavior. get you binoculars out and scope out the sniper spots. move from cover to cover. don't go into dangerous areas without a decent weapon (apparently now that means not a pistol). if you see someone (and they don't see you), avoid them, or get into a good position to get the shot. I made that mistake a lot in the beginning. I would see someone, "OMG a player", start shooting, miss, and have them kill me. I learned to not rush the shot, and to make it count. and if the shot's not there, don't take it

I really think Rocket needs to fix zombies first before making this kind of changes.

that's my issue with it. the way the zeds zig zag around, it's hard to get a shot until they get close. and then you're taking damage while shooting them 3-4 times. I had a couple encounters like that today. it didn't seem so bad, until I realized I lost like 6000 blood

So are these changes actual intended nerfs ? Or just some sort of bug ? If they are intended, are they in any of the changelogs ? If not, why are they stealth nerfs ? Is it an attempt to not have to answer any inconvenient questions ?

For zombies this doesn't matter much.

But seriously, for pvp. Military grade weapons were already better - A LOT BETTER - than the civilian ones. Either they have faster rate of fire (Lee Enfield vs Assault Rifles, though I agree Lee Enfield deserved some nerf, just not that much) or a lot higher range (Pistols vs anything except SMGs). I believe that especially if you have something like a Lee Enfield or a Revolver and you can surprise someone you should get an easy kill. Especially now with a revolver one clip might not kill a player if you don't hit headshots. It's ludicrous. You could shoot a whole clip at someone and they could just turn around when you are reloading and shoot you with two or three shots from an assault rifle. If a full clip from close range from a firearm to chest isn't enough to kill or at the very least incapacitate, something is seriously wrong.

Also for realism. I mean, hell, some of those weapons that do under 1000 damage per shot now are stronger than an assault rifle at close range. MP5 is not such a super terrible weapon in real life for what it's intended: close combat. I'm pretty sure a .45 cal revolver is considerably more damaging than your average assault rifle if you're fighting at 50m or less. What about DayZ? You can shoot like 10 bullets from your MP5 and hope the other player doesn't shoot 2-3 shots in the meanwhile from about any assault rifle.

MP5 (both SD and normal) especially needed buff, not nerf in game balance terms too - they were amongst the worst primary slot weapons in the game and now they're even worse.

I personally believe the ideal damage changes would be something like:

9mm pistols/PDW: 2000 damage

Makarov: 2500 damage

.45 cal pistols: 3000-3500 damage

MP5/Bizon: 2500 damage

Lee Enfield: 8000 damage

Shotguns are probably fine just the way they are. Same goes for AK74 and it's variants.

Edited by Elmokki

lee enfield = 2 shot kill? that is just plain stupid

i liked the fact it was 1 shot kill, countered by how loud it was.

Now its just a waste of a gun

GG with nerfs, killing the game for me

Seems like noobs no longer can do deathmatch in cherno/elektro... glad to hear the first of them leaving right now.

Personally I dont mind Lee Enfield now taking 2 shots to kill a player. It is most common rifle, it was NOT used only to counter equipped griefers comming down south as some ppl like to pretend, ammo was also abundant.

If you score headshot it still one shot kills and once we finally get some form of D/C prevention then you can manage to kill players in two shots without problems.

On the other hand I dont understand pistol & smg nerf as it seems a bit too steep now.

So, to kill a human 10m away, all bullet in the torso we need...

x14 9mm or

x8 .45 or

x3 slugs

Seriously? If i don't score an headshot, i have to empty a full 1911 mag, *reload* then shoot one more bullet in order to kill my target? (if only all the bullet hit)

• Like 1

This sucks so bad ... I dont give a f*ck that I need to shoot 3-5 times zombies but what brakes my heart is the effect on pvp, as it is mentioned above no u have no change with pistol in pvp situation and now more counter sniping the "pro" geared guys with enfield which made u have some claws in startup now the progeared guys just laughs at u when they see u which is sad cause now I also loose my excitement while shooting those noobs with enfields

Fucking hell guys... Weapons shouldn't be balanced at all, it's supposed to be as realistic as possible.

So what if weapons aren't balanced, are they balanced in real life? If you're wanting a sim to be balanced then you're really missing a few brain cells.

At the moment I have a fully kitted out character, M4A1CCO SD,M107,range finder, NVGs and a coyote pack.

I risked a lot with that character, why should I not have the advantage?

Do what I did, I took the risks and now have the reward.

If you want something that's balanced then go and play CS, not DayZ. It's as simple as that.

Edited by jdz

So, to kill a human 10m away, all bullet in the torso we need...

x14 9mm or

x8 .45 or

x3 slugs

Seriously? If i don't score an headshot, i have to empty a full 1911 mag, *reload* then shoot one more bullet in order to kill my target? (if only all the bullet hit)

• Makarov: 889 damage - Shots to kill a zombie: 5 - Shots to kill another player: 14
  • G17, M9, M9 SD, PDW, MP5A5, MP5SD6, Bizon PP-19 SD: 889 damage - Shots to kill a zombie: 5 - Shots to kill another player: 14
  • Revolver, M1911: 1389 damage - Shots to kill a zombie: 4 - Shots to kill another player: 9
  • M1014, Remington 870, Double-barreled: slugs do 4500 damage - Shots to kill a zombie: 1 - Shots to kill another player: 3
  • Lee Enfield: 6722 damage - Shots to kill a zombie: 1 - Shots to kill another player: 2
  • AK-74, AKS-74U, AKS-74 Kobra: 2722 damage - Shots to kill a zombie: 1 - Shots to kill another player: 5

All this = fucking ridiculous, no matter how 'hardcore' you say you are or how good your aim is (unless you are insisde a building, you can't headshot 2-3 zombies chasing you and if you manage to, you¿ll probably waste like 3 ammo clips). 13 bullets to the chest would not kill a human? 8 .45 shots to the chest neither? <_<

Edited by ArrThePirate
  • Like 1

Shots to kill a zombie Shots to kill another player

• Makarov: 889 damage 5 14
  • G17, M9, M9 SD, PDW, MP5A5, MP5SD6, Bizon PP-19 SD: 889 damage 5 14
  • Revolver, M1911: 1389 damage 4 9
  • M1014, Remington 870, Double-barreled: slugs do 4500 damage 1 3
  • Lee Enfield: 6722 damage 1 2
  • AK-74, AKS-74U, AKS-74 Kobra: 2722 damage 2 5

All this = fucking ridiculous, no matter how 'hardcore' you say you are or how good your aim is (unless you are insisde a building, you can't headshot 2-3 zombies chasing you and if you manage to, you¿ll probably waste like 3 ammo clips). 13 bullets to the chest would not kill a human? 8 .45 shots to the chest neither? <_<

I can easily headshot more than 2-3 zombies chasing me... Run backwards, shoot when they strike, repeat until dead.This game was far to easy having zombies as they were.

Seems like noobs no longer can do deathmatch in cherno/elektro... glad to hear the first of them leaving right now.

you misunderstand my point, now when you are fresh spawn, your weapons will not help you vs the geared up griefers in Cherno/Elektro. Lee Enfield was the gun that could help you fight back

I can easily headshot more than 2-3 zombies chasing me... Run backwards, shoot when they strike, repeat until dead.This game was far to easy having zombies as they were.

Right, you are Robin Hood, good for you. That doesn't change the fact that you need 14, yes, 14 9mm bullets to kill another player and 9 .45 bullets. Still ridiculous.

• Like 1

Bwahahaah, oh my your tears are just so delicious! "Buhu i have to headshot zombies now"

Guys please, since when was headshotting not the name of the game in any zombie related universe? Geez, grow a pair would you?

-.-

You're such a hard cunt.

• Like 2