Sign in to follow this  
arched123

I'm new.... AND MY CHARACTER IS STARVING!

Ok so i've died countless amounts of times on this game. Some from being stupid, but some from bandits. At the moment i'm on my third day of survival. I have a lee enfield rifle, a couple of mags, an auto morphine injector and a couple of other things. I'm just having a lot of trouble finding food at the moment :/ I've been searching for a hunting knife for a while but i don't want to go into any main areas yet in case i die. Are there any specific buildings that spawn food and/or hunting knives quite a lot? Or will i just have to rely on luck?

I'm fairly new to this mod so I don't know much, so any help would be appreciated :)

There's a Burger King on the NW corner of 5th and Main.

The easiest source is canned food found all over the place in small towns. Just check sheds, outhouses, and open buldings(can see in the windows). Alternatively, if you have matches+knife+hatchet you can kill and animal, skin it, cut wood, make a fire, and cook the meat.

• Like 1

Go to the Grocery Store ...

and if you are far away from a city with a supermarkt ... go kill some zombies and search them for food ... saved my life once when i wasnt really expierenced in this game ...

There's a Burger King on the NW corner of 5th and Main.

The easiest source is canned food found all over the place in small towns. Just check sheds, outhouses, and open buldings(can see in the windows). Alternatively, if you have matches+knife+hatchet you can kill and animal, skin it, cut wood, make a fire, and cook the meat.

Actually they closed down :\

Most of the employees became infected due to the poor sanitation.

Supermarkets are your best bet for cans of food. Basically any residential building and farms has a fairly high chance of spawning knives. You'll need matches and a hatchet aswell to be able to make a fire and cook the meat.

Stay away from the coastal towns and any towns with military camps if you don't wanna risk running into other people. Other than that it's not risky at all running into towns. Unless you're unlucky ^^

Ok well i have a hatchet, but that's about it for the hunting side of things. Just out of curiosity, if my character doesn't find any food for a while, will i just pass out? or eventually die?

i think you will pass out or lose blood

If you don't eat and the indicator begins flashing red and is left in that state for a period of time, you'll start to lose blood at a rate of 20 units of blood per second (Don't quote me on that).

Actually they closed down :\

Most of the employees became infected due to the poor sanitation.

I've heard from reliable sources that this is how the Zombie Infection actually started. ;)

find barn, kill farmer zombies around barn ...they have a higher chacne to carry food/drinks then other zombies

Honestly easiest way to get food and water is to kill zombies. I find a can of food or water in every pack I kill.

I will never understand why you lose blood from starvation it should just be a timed countdown till death since thats pretty much what it is anyway just with blood

Thanks for all the helpful tips guys :) Hopefully this will help me a lot. Just need to wait till morning to log in. There's no way i am running around in the pitch black -.-

I will never understand why you lose blood from starvation it should just be a timed countdown till death since thats pretty much what it is anyway just with blood

Why implement another timer when you already have one? Pretty pointless IMO.

Losing blood also accomodates for getting weaker, so you'll be dead sooner if hit by something.

As many have said, residential buildings or supermarkets are your best bet.

The similarities between weakness due to starvation and weakness due to blood loss are similar enough. It makes sense.

Anyway, to the TC: find houses. Loot houses. Cross fingers. You're never guaranteed to find food in this game, but houses and supermarkets are your best bets. Houses are a lot easier to find. You may have to go into some of the big cities if you want your best shot of finding food. You're going to die anyway if you don't eat something, so you may as well risk death and enter the nearest city.

In terms of hunting knives, factories seem to spawn them, or the buildings in their immediate vicinity.

I always find 1 or 2 in the buildings around the factory between Orlovets and Polana.

I cant find matches for the life of me, I have the knife and hatchett but cant get the matches.

I am surviving on the cans of food I find but I would like to be able to avoid towns and cities.

I check all the supermarkets and barns I come across but no luck so far.

I was searching for about half an hour for food when i came across a massive building site. I took a look around in there but there was just a jerry can. I was quite desperate for food at the time so i just started killing any zombie i could see. Lucky a hopper dropped a can of beans for me :) I also searched a town for a bit for stuff and found a lot of nice things like binoculars, ALICE pack, a tent, a Makarov and lots of ammo but unfortunately no food (it looked like someone had already looted the shop). I also found a hunting knife so now i just need matches.

In terms of hunting knives, factories seem to spawn them, or the buildings in their immediate vicinity.

I always find 1 or 2 in the buildings around the factory between Orlovets and Polana.

I cant find matches for the life of me, I have the knife and hatchett but cant get the matches.

I am surviving on the cans of food I find but I would like to be able to avoid towns and cities.

I check all the supermarkets and barns I come across but no luck so far.

Honestly i would say to go into a low population server and search towns and cities. Even though the server i was on ended up being full, i still had no trouble in the town (maybe a few snipers just let me be ;) )