Asuka Langley Soryu

Bulletproof vests/flak jackets and helmets.

It would be interesting to implement bulletproof vests and helmets into the game instead of having skins where you have vests/flak jackets and they don't do anything. You could find them in military bases and it would protect you from gunshots that hit your vest/flak or helmet and might also protect you from hits from zombies. There should also be durability on them too so they don't last a lifetime.

Would simply be interesting if skins with desired attributes could 'stack', so that you could still have body armor whilst walking about like a priest.

I also thought about this. It's kinda shitty when you stack up for hours and then die from one shot from a guy you didn't even see. So maybe lootable bulletproof vests so that you atleast have a chance to shoot back at the guy/s who's shooting.

I support this idea, but it must be carried out carefully.

In real life one round of a 5.56mm / 7.62mm will ruin the structual integrety of the vest preventing it from working after being hit.

I reckon it would be great if the vest prevented a 1shot chest kill from a CZ @300m and instead gave you the shock, broken bones and bleeding symbols (in addition to breaking the vest)

helmets are ussualy just for shrapnel, but perhaps a good one would stop a makarov bullet. I dont know much about helmets.

guys go play default arma first and then moan about changing game mechanics.

dayz is not a MOD/conversion/separate game as you may think/imagine. it's the same arma with all same mechanics but with spawning zombies and characters database.

even it's called mod in fact thats just an addon technicaly, which use bits of ace mod aswell as dynamic zombie sandbox addon.

increasing health of specific characters is possible but it would not be realistic.

in other words: get used to.

I support this idea' date=' but it must be carried out carefully.

In real life one round of a 5.56mm / 7.62mm will ruin the structual integrety of the vest preventing it from working after being hit.

I reckon it would be great if the vest prevented a 1shot chest kill from a CZ @300m and instead gave you the shock, broken bones and bleeding symbols (in addition to breaking the vest)

helmets are ussualy just for shrapnel, but perhaps a good one would stop a makarov bullet. I dont know much about helmets.

[/quote']

You've got the right idea but modern body armour is actually quite reliable and durable; and it is designed to take multiple rounds:

Vests commonly used by police officers are rated NIJ III which is good for large pistols and smaller rounds and some vests claim they can take shotgun shot and they're designed to take several rounds; you can find videos of this all over.

Ceramic plates are rated NIJ-IV and V(not a real certification but some manufacturers list them as such) These are not destroyed in one shot; they're designed to take more than one shot.

That said they become significantly less reliable after any significant impact.

As for helmets; they range from level 1 to level 3, the latter being able to stop pistol rounds no problem. They're not worn to protect your head from shrapnel or bullets though. Its to stop you from messing your self up by bouncing your head off of something while running crawling, getting into and out of vehicles etc.

Additionally: 5.56 and 7.62 are not accurate terms;

5.56x45 is the standard NATO round.

5.45x?? is the AKM/AK74 round

7.62x39 is the AK-47 round (fits lots of other rifles too)

7.62x25 is the makarov round

7.62x51 is the NATO .30 cal rifle round

7.62x54r is a WW2 era cartridge for Russian .30 round weapons and I think it's still used in some more modern rifles.

From a game balance perspective you would need to limit the efficacy to one or two shots because if you were tougher than that; it would be the night vision of the day time. I hope that if they implement this (which I don't think they need to do) that they are very very rare.

Nice idea.

You find the jacket' date=' but you might need the kevlar plating too?

[/quote']

A Kevlar vest is different than a plate carrier; plate carriers are made out of nylon and they have pouches for which you put the ceramic plates into. A kevlar vest is woven material.

Dang you beat me to posting this.

This is a necessity for this type of game, and especially when it's so easy to kill someone.

Like someone said above; it'll give you a fighting chance when shot at.

I support this idea' date=' but it must be carried out carefully.

[/quote']

You've got the right idea but modern body armour is actually quite reliable and durable; and it is designed to take multiple rounds:

Vests commonly used by police officers are rated NIJ III which is good for large pistols and smaller rounds and some vests claim they can take shotgun shot and they're designed to take several rounds; you can find videos of this all over.

Ceramic plates are rated NIJ-IV and V(not a real certification but some manufacturers list them as such) These are not destroyed in one shot; they're designed to take more than one shot.

That said they become significantly less reliable after any significant impact.

As for helmets; they range from level 1 to level 3, the latter being able to stop pistol rounds no problem. They're not worn to protect your head from shrapnel or bullets though. Its to stop you from messing your self up by bouncing your head off of something while running crawling, getting into and out of vehicles etc.

Additionally: 5.56 and 7.62 are not accurate terms;

5.56x45 is the standard NATO round.

5.45x?? is the AKM/AK74 round

7.62x39 is the AK-47 round (fits lots of other rifles too)

7.62x25 is the makarov round

7.62x51 is the NATO .30 cal rifle round

7.62x54r is a WW2 era cartridge for Russian .30 round weapons and I think it's still used in some more modern rifles.

From a game balance perspective you would need to limit the efficacy to one or two shots because if you were tougher than that; it would be the night vision of the day time. I hope that if they implement this (which I don't think they need to do) that they are very very rare.

Nice idea.

You find the jacket' date=' but you might need the kevlar plating too?

[/quote']

A Kevlar vest is different than a plate carrier; plate carriers are made out of nylon and they have pouches for which you put the ceramic plates into. A kevlar vest is woven material.

There could be different ballistics vests implemented with specific armor levels. (Type I, Type IIA, Type II, Type IIIA, Type III, Type IV) Depending on the level, the could take a few rounds of the round they were designed to stop. This would force bandits that might want that body armor to aim for the head or limbs. Also, with the helmet, it can stop a round or two from a handgun and a very small chance that it can stop a rifle round, since it has happened before. In reality, if you fire a round into a helmet, it might alter the course of the round and save your life.

You guys do realize that IRL today there isn´t a single bulletproof vest, military grade that can outstand a 7.62x39 shot effectively that weight less than 20kg right? Add this to your backpack and inventory and your player shouldn´t even be able to walk properly.

On a side note tough, a pistol shot on the back, through the backpack should have reduced damange, all the crap on the backpack should slow the bullet down.

Also, OP, love Evangelion, my FAV anime, my nick is a subtle citation of Eva, why do you have a Rei avatar instead of an Asuka avatar? :3

Well just to ruin your COD/bf3 dreams, arma allready simulates bullet-proof vests, what else do you think your pmc is wearing? So this suggestion is yet again an example of how people dont think before they post.

Well just to ruin your COD/bf3 dreams' date=' arma allready simulates bullet-proof vests, what else do you think your pmc is wearing? So this suggestion is yet again an example of how people dont think before they post.

[/quote']

Yes, if i recall correctly, all soldiers uses Type III vest by default in arma II. That is why they can sustain so much pistol rounds in the chest, more than zoombies infact, while one single 7.62x51 shot in the chest is death certain.

Well just to ruin your COD/bf3 dreams' date=' arma allready simulates bullet-proof vests, what else do you think your pmc is wearing? So this suggestion is yet again an example of how people dont think before they post.

[/quote']

Yes, if i recall correctly, all soldiers uses Type III vest by default in arma II. That is why they can sustain so much pistol rounds in the chest, more than zoombies infact, while one single 7.62x51 shot in the chest is death certain.

Yep this is why it can take take so many makarov mags to kill someone if you hit them in the chest, and because zombies use civilian skins thy are more vunurable, a civ skin can only take like 1-3 mak rounds to the chest at 15 meters, while a armored skin can take 1-3 mags depending on how you hit them, lungs etc being way more vunurable

Sure. Vests and helmets are a good idea, but there should be a trade off for using them. They should weigh you down, slow you down, and maybe take up the backpack slot. Perhaps vests take a backpack slot, give you protection against 0-10 shots in the torso (depending on caliber and armor material), and slow down your run speed or tire you out faster on a sprint. Maybe some of the better vests give you 4 - 10 slots like a backpack, since you are sacrificing that bag space.

Sure. Vests and helmets are a good idea' date=' but there should be a trade off for using them. They should weigh you down, slow you down, and maybe take up the backpack slot. Perhaps vests take a backpack slot, give you protection against 0-10 shots in the torso (depending on caliber and armor material), and slow down your run speed or tire you out faster on a sprint. Maybe some of the better vests give you 4 - 10 slots like a backpack, since you are sacrificing that bag space.

[/quote']

Did you read the rest of topic?

The player already uses Type IIIa default military grade ammo.

Type IV (7.62x39 proof) is still in development in the whole world and weights over 20kg, it's unrealistic to implement.

As for helmets; they range from level 1 to level 3' date=' the latter being able to stop pistol rounds no problem. They're not worn to protect your head from shrapnel or bullets though. Its to stop you from messing your self up by bouncing your head off of something while running crawling, getting into and out of vehicles etc.

[/quote']

Helmets were taken into use because large number of casualties were killed by shrapnel.

[/quote']

Ahh, so that's why survivors can take a full pistol mag.....

Btw no vests in bf3.