Sign in to follow this  
Bairhanz

Anyone actually play at night?

From the general emptiness of a lot of the US servers at night when I can usually play, it seems to be that no one ever plays at night. I can't really justify it without NVGs (which I have yet to ever find) unless you're in a city with a bunch of chem lights or flares, both of which would make it dangerous since they attract zombies. I don't think the inactivty at night is wrong or should be changed, I'm just curious to how many people actually play at night without NVGs. Any tips?

I only play at night when the moon is out or I have NVGs on my person.

I do - adds more fun and the game is more tense this way.

i play at night i find it more atomspheric :P

have u tried turning up gamma thats supposed to help i find it doesnt help too much though

playing in dark without NV is hard i tend to through flares rarley stick more to chemlight and being rdy to drop it quickly

I've been playing mostly in the day, just to get used to portions of the map. I plan to play night regularly. Don't see the purpose of playing at night if you're going to turn up the gamma and what not. Sounds like cheating.

Filthy, dirty cheating.

I feel like throwing the gamma way up is pretty cheap, but maybe I'll try it. Does it still work in the wilderness or indoors?

I like to play at night, even if it's pitch black (unless I'm in a peril situation). We use flares and chem lights, not really worrying about the attraction of zombies (we'll just light them up). If there is a player or players after us (I'm in a team/clan of 4 - 7 BTW, four of us being on at all times whenever we play), then we will fight them. If one or all of us die, so be it. Plus it gives the game a whole new feel/environment (at least to me) whenever I play at night, its a bit more challenging (which makes it more fun to me).

play day and night

night mostly when moon is out if no NVG

None of my local servers are night time, ever! So damn frustrating, if I want to play at night then I have to play on a US server with 200 ping

Gamma warrior who plays at night-- I have an easier time gathering supplies.

Still haven't sorted out how to get through a town during the day unscathed. Probably because I need to be much more aggressive, gather stuff up, and use the buildings as my weapons vs. Zs. This will become more and more possible as I memorize which building models are interactive and have 2 exits

I do and I use a flashlight. Its scary as fuck to walk around with nothing but a flashlight. Zombies don't react to them but players can spot it but that's going to happen anyway.

Playing in the early morning hours just as the sun is coming up is probably the best.

From the general emptiness of a lot of the US servers at night when I can usually play, it seems to be that no one ever plays at night. I can't really justify it without NVGs (which I have yet to ever find) unless you're in a city with a bunch of chem lights or flares, both of which would make it dangerous since they attract zombies. I don't think the inactivty at night is wrong or should be changed, I'm just curious to how many people actually play at night without NVGs. Any tips?

gamma trick/exploit thing can be useful if that's your thing. for flares, don't toss them directly where you're going to loot, toss them off to the side where you want zombies to go. it gives you ambient light and helps keep the zeds out of your hair while you're looting. when you do toss flares, be prepared to move quick and get out of there asap, as any hostile players nearby will now be aware that there's a player nearby. while in transit between areas of interest, use your flashlight periodically to ensure you're still on track. try to rely on civil features like roads or power lines for navigation.

night play benefits include a seriously diminished chance of aggroing any zeds visually (you can pretty much crouch run everywhere in cities), and the north star for non compass navigation. course that depends on cloud cover.