griffinz

Forum Moderators Wanted!

-Available to moderate most days at least between 6pm-9pm.

Si

-Fairly active on the forums.

I lurk and occasionally post when it deems critical

-Diplomatic

I have Spaniard blood in me, we've have great diplomatic relations with the Incas and Aztecs

-21 or older

-Living in these timezones (GMT): -4 (Bit of a night owl but my times range from noon to midnight or later)

Have moderated forums in the past, though doubt that means much since it's basically just my word.

why would you want to be a moderator

all you do is get frustrated at people not knowing how to use the search function

it's awful

all you do is get frustrated at people not knowing how to use the search function

it's awful

Me? Well seeing as you posted after me and without quoting anyone else I assume you are talking to me. If that is the case then you have me confused with someone else as I have never made posts of that nature.

it's awful

It's also frustrating for the non-moderators to see 10+ threads popping up about same exact issue. Being a moderator there is at least a chance to do something about it. :P

Although it's made for Steam forums' date=' maybe this needs to be mandatory watching for all forum members: Posting And You... :cool:

Im trying to move to the "Moderator's moderator" position...but can't do that until I have a small army of fascists diplomats

Im trying to move to the "Moderator's moderator" position...but can't do that until I have a small army of fascists diplomats

Well I'm good to go if you need someone on the level, any information or history you need about me is only a message or friend request away.

Of course need any more info just let me know. Time for a cold one.

I'm 26 and in UTC -9' date=' really active and have moderated multiple forums. I can be serious when I need to be, fun when I need to be and fair with people. If helping out here to keep things under control is what is needed I have no problem doing that whatsoever.

I currently moderate and write game reviews when I am in the mood for a buddies website here and there, I use professionalism for the most part with interactions and if that is needed here I can provide that. Basically I know how to handle myself and other people without causing problems if I am in a position of responsibility on a forum.

Just shoot me a PM or add me on Steam and we can talk.

Thanks.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/76561197960281127

[/quote']

No. No, no, no.

There are enough tyrannical mods at the moment.

it's awful

Me? Well seeing as you posted after me and without quoting anyone else I assume you are talking to me. If that is the case then you have me confused with someone else as I have never made posts of that nature.

Nono, I was just making a general statement, silly. 'you' was the plural 'you'.

UK/M/37

Happy to help where and when I can

I run my own community as well, well it kinda runs its self. Point being I know my way around a bulletin board.

More info's on me can be found by clicking on the About.me in my sig.

more then half the people applying dont realize that you dont get anything special with this no monetary compensation infact you will most likley be hated by the community when you have to hand out justice

its a thankless job just remember this before you apply and let the dev team down...

more then half the people applying dont realize that you dont get anything special with this no monetary compensation infact you will most likley be hated by the community when you have to hand out justice

its a thankless job just remember this before you apply and let the dev team down...

They get one of two things as an incentive: Power, or a good feeling.

Unfortunately, most of the people who do charity work don't do it on the internet. There are of course some exceptions, but most people in places of power are neither humble nor amiable.

Compare the pride and integrity (or lack thereof) of most politicians to the average person.

I don't post to be liked or right in the eyes of others, I post with what I deem to be correct. I'm fairly certain we are all quite aware that this is a volunteer moderator position and would be eating into our personal time.

If people want to hate me I'll just fall into a self diluted world like I am a Batman-esque vigilantly.

Just thought id put this in here:

I've been managing various forums and communities for around 8-9 years now, using forum software such as: phpbb, vBulletin and IPB. I know that the DayZ forums uses "myBB", which i haven't really used all that much, but shouldn't be a problem getting the hang of pretty fast.

I am 31 years of age, live in Norway (land of the vikings) and I am fairly active on the forums on a daily basis. Should you guys need a helping hand or have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via a PM. :)

Awww.... No room for the +1 GMT :) and I even look like the guy on the commercial :(

Oh well xP

- Whitey

Deleted the posts relating to the current internet drama going on, this isn't the place for it. Please send all relevant abuse to my PM box.

Nya, I'll send you a PM shortly. :)

PM sendt to Griff, do you want it too Oilman?

Edit: roger, adressed to Griff then

Uh, sure? If it's about forum moderation, then you might as well not bother with me. I'm just another one of Griff's minions.

Name: Simas

Time zone: June - September +3 GMT (I stay up late though )

All the other time +0 GMT

I think I'm relatively active on the forums :)

I'm 25, in the UK (so GMT/GMT+1), but I'm a night owl who stays up to 3am or so most nights, so covering other time zones isn't too much trouble. I've also moderated and been an admin for several gaming forums over the last 5 years, including some official company forums, and also have a few years QA tester experience with PC games under my belt.

Just throw me a PM if interested! I've copied this over into a PM for Griff too :)

I'd be happy to help out. I'm 31, active every day and on a good day I'm reasonably intellegent and balanced. I have made posts and would say reading through my post history should give you an indication as to how diplomatic and balanced I can be.

I have a fair amount of experience having been amoderator and adminsitrator on our clan website for over 10 years (www.bsbnetwork.com) where you can see examples of my work.

My email address is box@bsbnetwork.com let me know if you need to know anything else.

-Available to moderate most days at least between 6pm-9pm.

Pretty much on my pc from 9am to 11pm as i work from home.

-Fairly active on the forums.

I check on the fourms every few hours.

-Diplomatic

Im not biased in anyway, i hate everyone equalily and that normally sorts out conflicts quick.

-21 or older

-Living in these timezones (GMT):

Scotland.

I have bad rep because i made an autologin script and the kids thought it was cheating.

I dont care about rep, and I dislike its implementation, if that helps.