Sticky (DayZ)

Future Suggestions for Standalone DayZ

yea i agree but wish more ppl would add ideas ik theres alot out there that im not thinking about the only one ive been pondering on is the fact to be able to make your own house use the axe grab some wood make nails somthing it would be nice or be able to board up homes already but im sure thats out there already.

house building would be nice, but i don't think the ArmA engine can do it. fortifying doors and windows, easy.

hmm, what about fire damage/burning up? maybe you could get set on fire somehow (explosions, molotovs, stepping on campfires etc) and go into a perma-sprint mode until the flames extinguish (by jumping into water, surviving for a short while, using a canteen or two to douse yourself, etc)

Edited by El Barto 227

not a bad idea at all the guy that started this had the ideal of the molotovs by using the empty jack bottles you see and a rag and take some gas out the jerry cans.....and be able to throw them at buildings or ppl would be a nice feature to have on there

I like most suggestions but I absolutely need to add a significant point to the character customization point. People keep talking about how the PVP in this game is ruthless and there is incredible hard to build any kind of trust with other players. I believe a significant part of this comes from not being able to identify other people. Survivors basically are absolutely anonymous. There's no chance to ever recognize a survivor you might have already teamed up with or who at least refrained from killing you earlier. Character customization creates the unnecessary foundation for people actually building trust in each other. It is an essential feature to allow more ad-hoc group play.

• Like 1

I like most suggestions but I absolutely need to add a significant point to the character customization point. People keep talking about how the PVP in this game is ruthless and there is incredible hard to build any kind of trust with other players. I believe a significant part of this comes from not being able to identify other people. Survivors basically are absolutely anonymous. There's no chance to ever recognize a survivor you might have already teamed up with or who at least refrained from killing you earlier. Character customization creates the unnecessary foundation for people actually building trust in each other. It is an essential feature to allow more ad-hoc group play.

and i could not agree with you more....if the guy in the blue shirt is on your team then bam there he is but the guy with the green shirt is chasing him and shoting then you know....or other way around and you know that hes trying to kill someone else and hes heading your way as a team mate and not a bandit.....

just a scenario not saying make just are shirt colors diff lol but just throwing that out there.

Edited by mark x

Yeah and yet still keeps it interesting. Instead of bandit skins and survivor skins, you can kinda personalize your character, so if you WANT to look like a bandit, you can. Or if you would rather your identity be a mystery to whomever you come across, that can be done as well.

• Like 1

clever.

shut up and take my beans!

ten-minute cooldown for respawn is a good idea. the constant respawn for good spawn point thing is bad, because:

1 it puts strain on the authentication server

2 the "average life expectancy" is affected by it. i heard it was at 3 hours once, now it's 30 minutes, probably spam-respawning contributed to that

there has obviously been alot of effort in this post haha, i agree with the whole zombies not being able to sprint or even if that doesnt get put in they are slower, and what about zombies that are just lying there until u walk past or sumthin

• Like 1

I read about half way. I agree with every idea so far. Physics should be introduced so that when you shoot an incoming zombie in the chest with a shotgun, it stuns them or knocks then down. Wouldnt that be sick to see. Im pretty sure Arma 3 is adding the rag doll effect so maybe...

Yeah I also like the idea where zombies are just lying down or sitting and react when someone passes by. Right now the zombies just walk around endlessly like guards patrolling the town. I understand that Arma is the one at fault here but it would be cool to see more movie like zombies or infected just chillen and not necessarily walking on patrol all the time.

Edited by VISION305
  • Like 1

I got nothing to add, but I have to disagree with the respawn button. The only way I would want to see it again is if there is a confirmation on respawning. On a side note, why would you want to force players to spawn in kamenka. A new player that spawns in kamenka would absolutely hate this game.

Small towns rarely have weapons or useful supplies. People should only spawn around big cities or towns near big cities so that new players can figure out the game how it's meant to be played.

Either that or give more loot to small towns.

I feel the major problem with the game at the moment is the lack of threat from zombies and the abundance of ammunition. I can go to one city find a Lee Enfield, and then I can fill my backpack with Lee Enfield ammo before I leave the city. Guns and ammunition need to be scarce. I feel melee weapons should be usable while having a rifle equipped along with an easy way to switch to it. If there were melee weapons I feel like they need durability , so they aren't the preferred choice for killing zombies. People need to think twice before wasting their precious ammunition on players because if there were threatening zombies and they had no melee weapon because it broke then they might want to save that ammo to kill zombies (this sentence is talking about if these changes were implemented).

• Like 1

Some quick thoughts as I am short on time (but are of course related to the original post):

1. Vehicles could possibly be more common, repairable, but also have the ability to be reinforced. Maybe if you find an abandoned Vodnik-type vehicle you could add ballistic glass, a mounted overhead gun, and maybe even a better performing engine? Endless possibilities, but of course that would also bring questions of balance. I think any kind of upgrade would require a strenuous amount of effort to find all of the required materials, such as the LMG coming in parts and requiring a mounting kit for the specific vehicle (they could also have a a very rare spawn rate). You could even add more storage to it, as aforementioned hitching a trailer or placing overhead storage instead of a gun. This would allow for specializing vehicles for certain roles. We can dream right?

2. Putting all of this time into a vehicle will make it hard to part with. Since there are talks of bases, what if there were also a carport/garage type structures that could house a vehicle? This structure of course would not be easy to build, the materials also being very rare. What about adding a helipad to your roof? If a group of people mustered the effort required to have these things at their base it would simply be epic.

3. If we are building structures they should require a generator to power it. This of course means you will have to get a working generator, and there could be multiple types (varying in rarity). For example, gas powered generators could be quite common, and require the most gasoline or jerry cans, while solar powered ones require the least/ are the most efficient. These generators will never be found in one piece of course, if I didn't make that clear.

4. Having the electricity element added (#3) will require the materials needed to wire lights/possibly security cameras? Once again, we can dream. I've already asked way too much by this bullet xD

5. Base interiors should be able to be furnished with specific types of storage units/furniture, which could come with its own benefits. For example, a fridge/freezer to keep your raw meat in, an electric stove to cook it, a wardrobe to keep those spare Gillie suits we all have lying around (lawl), a bed that can be used as a spawn point for one player. It will reward players who put forth the effort to find the materials necessary to afford death a little more (though by no means will death lose its serious side, losing your gear to a bandit is still pretty shameful).

All of these bullets ask a lot, are probably not possible. However they would provide further circumstances for players to work together and form communities, reward them for enduring and looting extensively, go to places all around the map. We can dream right?

• Like 1

Very nice ideas to the last 2 posters, I'll add your ideas to the list once I leave work

Problem is: If someone finds your car and cannot steal it, he will destroy it.

So where's the gain in locking it?

Problem is: If someone finds your car and cannot steal it, he will destroy it.

So where's the gain in locking it?

Read more into #1, answered it before you asked

make like a clan talk built into the game so even if there not near you you will still be able to talk to your clan throughout the game.