joeaguirre0

Looking For Mature North American Players!

Hello,

Me and my small group of 4 people are looking for mature players in North America.

18+ minimum but prefer 20+ since the 20-somethings in our group are the most mature players i've played with in any game.

We are survivors simply looking to help each other out. I get the thrill in that. The game is fun for me when we have to go to Elektro/Cherno to rescue a teammate.

Also, don't get attached to your weapons. We always find stuff, even rare stuff such as the AS50 or NVG.

We follow police code of conduct rather than the military KoS viewpoint. Here's my RoE and SOP that i drafted for my group. You must abide by it or please don't bother joining.

Rules of Engagement:

Do Not Engage:

1) Players extremely far away and/or walking the other direction

2) Unarmed Starting Players (Doesn't include players with large packs)

3) Players without malicious intent ("Friendly", lowers weapon, etc.)

Approach And Ascertain Affiliation:

1) Armed Players in which pose no threat (Ie: Your in a good position)

2) Player with an Axe that is block away from you

3) Any unarmed Player within walking distance

4) One Player with Vehicle (commence a "hot stop")

Kill on Sight:

1) Armed Player with a sniper rifle

2) Player with an Axe within striking distance

3) Player that doesn't respond within 1-3 seconds of the friendly request.

You may fire at your discretion after a second is up or wait up to 3

seconds. The situation varies since players take 2-3 seconds to type.

4) 2+ Players with Vehicle

Standard Operating Procedures:

Roles:

Assault: Medium-Short range. Uses assault weapons. Specializes in

confronting Players and breaching defensive positions.

Sniper: Medium-Long range. Uses sniper rifles. Specializes in sniping

Players and scouting.

Support: Short-Medium range. Uses machine guns. Specializes in

covering fire and defending positions.

Engineer: Short range. Uses shotguns. Specializes in close quarter

combat, vehicle repair, and deconstruction/construction

of fortifications.

Medic: Short-Medium range. Uses submachine guns or assault rifles.

Provides medical aid and supports Assault teams.

Rules When Engaging:

1) Before engaging a zombie you must say "Engaging".

2) Before engaging a player you must alert everyone of your location,

give a brief description of the suspect, and his/her direction of travel or

location.

3) Before firing upon a player you must say "Engaging Player". All

shots must be accounted for.

3) If you hear gunshots within your vicinity say "Shots Fired" and the

location where you heard it (Ie: "Cherno-Market", "West of Elektro")

Steps When Approaching A Player:

1) Take a defensive position. Always obtain a position of advantage.

2) Request for backup. If the player is idle, await for at least a second

teammate before taking action.

3) If the player is on the move, ask in Direct Communication,

"Friendly?" If no response is given within 1-3 seconds say "Engaging

Player" and eliminate the Player.

Rules When Sweeping or Roaming:

1) Always sweep a building or roam with a partner. If you don't have a

partner then find one or stick with three people. Always be with

someone. Whereever they go, you must go.

2) When sweeping a building cover the entrances and exits. Have at

least two people make entry. Have at least three when there is a suspect

within the building.

3) Leave no man behind. Those falling behind their partner must

declare that they are lagging behind.

Feel free to message me via Skype and Steam. I'm on there most of the day since i only check the forums once a day.

STEAM: joeaguirre0

I like your SOP. I have only one comment.. I play as peace-loving survivor and will disenage if possible but agressively defend myself. I always try to carry a sniper rifle because I tend to stay away from dense urban areas and having telescopic sights is a real advantage. More often than not I try to lower my weapon, but like everyone, I sometimes forget.

Your Kill on Sight rule regarding Armed Players with a sniper rifle concerns me. If I see a sniper in the distance, and they're panning over my area, I will either try to hide, or more likely will shoot, but having a sniper rifle does not mean your necessarily a bandit. You have snipers in your group. I agree with your SOP, but don't want to be responsible for killing one of your guys in self-defence.

With this:

Do Not Engage:

Do you mean - if there is an unarmed player who happens to have a large pack (it happens), kill them?

I like your SOP. I have only one comment.. I play as peace-loving survivor and will disenage if possible but agressively defend myself. I always try to carry a sniper rifle because I tend to stay away from dense urban areas and having telescopic sights is a real advantage. More often than not I try to lower my weapon, but like everyone, I sometimes forget.

Your Kill on Sight rule regarding Armed Players with a sniper rifle concerns me. If I see a sniper in the distance, and they're panning over my area, I will either try to hide, or more likely will shoot, but having a sniper rifle does not mean your necessarily a bandit. You have snipers in your group. I agree with your SOP, but don't want to be responsible for killing one of your guys in self-defence.

I should of wrote that the RoE and SOP was subject to change beause it is.

Reason why snipers are KoS is because they are only used for PVP. I haven't met a player carrying a sniper rifle that is friendly. I met a ton of friendlies, some i've grouped with, but they all have assault weapons. I'm the only sniper in our group at the moment. The ONLY way we even get good sniper rifles is from players. The sniper rifle I have was taken from a bandit sniper picking off my group. I know the sniping spots in Elktro and Cherno so it wasn't hard finding him.

I carry three guns. sidearm, assault rifle, and sniper rifle in my pack. When i bring out my sniper rifle its because im scouting or about to kill a player. By the way, you shouldn't need a sniper rifle if you use it just to use the scope and not pick off players. Just use binoculars. If you avoid urban areas then the sniper rifle is much more useless unless you pick off people from a distance in an open field without even asking if they friendly. I always have someone run up and ask if they friendly before firing my shots.

Nonetheless, i wouldn't be suprised if someone shot me when im carrying a sniper rifle. You cant really ask "friendly?" if you see me prone with a Anti-Material Rifle and Night Vision Goggles aiming at you 100 feet way.

I just added you on Steam. Let me know when you guys are on. I'm on vacation so just hit me up on steam!

With this:

Do Not Engage:

Do you mean - if there is an unarmed player who happens to have a large pack (it happens), kill them?

Not entirely. Engagement is on your discretion. I'm just stating the rule that you should NEVER engage unarmed starting players. We met a guy with a coyote backpack, the best backpack in the game, yesterday and he was unarmed.

He came behind us and one of my teammates quickly checked his pack to see if there was a hidden weapon. Some players hide weapons in the pack and pretend to be friendly. It's just a precaution.

We didn't kill the guy by the way. We just told him to turn around and run the other way.

I should of wrote that the RoE and SOP was subject to change beause it is.

Reason why snipers are KoS is because they are only used for PVP. I haven't met a player carrying a sniper rifle that is friendly. I met a ton of friendlies, some i've grouped with, but they all have assault weapons. I'm the only sniper in our group at the moment. The ONLY way we even get good sniper rifles is from players. The sniper rifle I have was taken from a bandit sniper picking off my group. I know the sniping spots in Elktro and Cherno so it wasn't hard finding him.

I carry three guns. sidearm, assault rifle, and sniper rifle in my pack. When i bring out my sniper rifle its because im scouting or about to kill a player. By the way, you shouldn't need a sniper rifle if you use it just to use the scope and not pick off players. Just use binoculars. If you avoid urban areas then the sniper rifle is much more useless unless you pick off people from a distance in an open field without even asking if they friendly. I always have someone run up and ask if they friendly before firing my shots.

Nonetheless, i wouldn't be suprised if someone shot me when im carrying a sniper rifle. You cant really ask "friendly?" if you see me prone with a Anti-Material Rifle and Night Vision Goggles aiming at you 100 feet way.

You're right, my sniper is only for PVP, that's to say, to spot snipers or campers using their own sniper rifles in the treelines trying to ambush me or my friends as we go about our business searching towns of moving thorugh the backwoods. It make no sense to not protect yourself from what I consider to be the number 1 threat in either the rural or urban environments.

I spend a lot of my time moving through the landscape, or providing overwatch for friends. I want to be able to efficiently cover large distances and respond to threats immediately. What's the point of using binoculars when you have a scoped rifle? If I spot a sniper, I want to be able to observe and take action immediately, not cycle though a gear change. Cycling through my binoculars means I won't do it as often, leading to fatal results.

Also realistically, you'd expect to see many more hunting rifles in an apocalypse then you'd see heavy weaponry. Now, it's not the M107 or the AS50, those are pure camping killers. They're KOS for sure. Incidentially, my sniper rifle of choice is the DMR, an all around fantastic rifle. The high rate of fire and zoomable sights make it a great rifle. I have a secondary silenced weapon in my pack to deal with walkers, but that's really only for in-close work. I find the fact that only you should be allowed to survive with a sniper rifle a little strange. It's not the weapon, it's what a player does with it.

Don't get me wrong, I support the main objectives of your group, but some of your engagement rules are bordering on vigilante/bandit like. Take auto engaging 2+ players in a vehicle... Explain that to me. Can't two good guys build and run a vehicle?

I hope one day you do meet me, so I can be the first friendly sniper you meet. I won't fire unless you do. Keep your rifle lowered and we'll do just fine!!!

Drop me a PM if you're still looking for a serious East Coast player.

Edited by -Cdn-Chard

You're right, my sniper is only for PVP, that's to say, to spot snipers or campers using their own sniper rifles in the treelines trying to ambush me or my friends as we go about our business searching towns of moving thorugh the backwoods. It make no sense to not protect yourself from what I consider to be the number 1 threat in either the rural or urban environments.

How do you know they are trying to ambush you? We camp too but does that make us KoS? We camp for item spawns at times. Respawn timer is extremely quick.

I spend a lot of my time moving through the landscape, or providing overwatch for friends. I want to be able to efficiently cover large distances and respond to threats immediately. What's the point of using binoculars when you have a scoped rifle? If I spot a sniper, I want to be able to observe and take action immediately, not cycle though a gear change. Cycling through my binoculars means I won't do it as often, leading to fatal results.

The point was that if your intention was that the rifle is pointless based on your intention. You shouldn't be sniping unless you can acquire the affiliation of the target. Only way is by walking up to the players and asking, "friendly?". Unless you have someone do that then disregard my last two sentences but if your alone you most likely have murders.

If you spot a sniper your going to wait for him to shoot you or one of your teammates? Result is already fatal if your only option is to wait until he kills someone to ascertain his affiliation.

Also realistically, you'd expect to see many more hunting rifles in an apocalypse then you'd see heavy weaponry. Now, it's not the M107 or the AS50, those are pure camping killers. They're KOS for sure. Incidentially, my sniper rifle of choice is the DMR, an all around fantastic rifle. The high rate of fire and zoomable sights make it a great rifle. I have a secondary silenced weapon in my pack to deal with walkers, but that's really only for in-close work. I find the fact that only you should be allowed to survive with a sniper rifle a little strange. It's not the weapon, it's what a player does with it.

All snipers are deadly and if you look at their weapon stats they don't vary. DMR is a fantastic PVP sniper rifle in comparison to

a CZ. Wasting sniper rifle ammo on zombies sounds unrealistic. Doubt one would do that. Not like the clips contain 30 rounds like the AK. I don't survive with a sniper rifle. I rarely have it out unless im going to PVP. I'm more scared of a player with a sniper rifle than a AK or Makarov. I had people shoot me and my entire group 30 rounds with AK and miss. It only took one sniper to wipe out the majority of us.

Don't get me wrong, I support the main objectives of your group, but some of your engagement rules are bordering on vigilante/bandit like. Take auto engaging 2+ players in a vehicle... Explain that to me. Can't two good guys build and run a vehicle?

Wiki explains that. Players with vehicles are considered extremely dangerous. I just don't deem one driver as dangerous as multiple players in a vehicle. Now a days, most vehicles are taking in most servers. Building a vehicle is rare. You have a better chance walking into a forest and stealing one. Players i've met with vehicles were indeed dangerous carrying massive amounts of ammo, weapons, and even explosives.

I hope one day you do meet me, so I can be the first friendly sniper you meet. I won't fire unless you do. Keep your rifle lowered and we'll do just fine!!!

Drop me a PM if you're still looking for a serious East Coast player.

Don't think it will work out. Need everyone to adhere to my RoE/SOP.

I am Barncat28 (name to left says it) But im being formal. My small squad of 3 are North Americans all above 18. We perefer structure of a well organized group. We are not bandits but proud survivors trying to survive in this world. If you want our extra man power and our loyalty please feel free to PM me or even beter Steam me due to me being online most of the time. If you run across any of the Dead Silence Squad thats us.

I like the cut of your jib. I will add you on steam and we can see if we can get together. Granted I will be mostly a twilight, nighttime player because of the 9-5.

steam : thesphinx009

Awesome ROE and SOP's. Totally agree well said. Interested in playing a medic role. Currently trying to get on the white list through Dr. Wasteland as a free lance medic. Would love to assist your group. I've sent a friend request, IGN Steam: AlphaStalker

Hi,

Would like to have you two just as long as you agree with the RoE/SOP and are at the age i requested.

A medic is what we really need since no one seems to fulfill that role.

Majority of us play late at night-overnight so your set!

Yeah man my time zone is Mountain time. My age 29. I try to log on as much as possible but i work 5 days a week Monday through Friday so the best time for me to log on is at night my time or on the weekends. Just let me when you guys are on. I've got U on my friends list so we are good there. ATM I am in Elektro in the office next to the hospital. Next time I log on, i want to raid the hospital and stock up on medical supplies. I have a Czech back pack so I can hold a decent amount of meds. I have a double barrel shot gun and an M1911 which fits my playing style of close range fighter, but I need more ammo. As far as supporting the Assaulting Element, I'm down for that or even standing by to aid them if things go wrong during a "friendly or not" check ;)

Steam : Konduitx

28 yrs old, located on east coast. Long time FPS and survival horror gamer, looking for mature players to play with on a regular basis. I attempt to follow codes of conduct when engaging other players, usually with a verbal/written indication of "friendly" in direct communication, if they do not respond and are armed I usually draw first, which I have learned to do from experience.