Sign in to follow this  
SoWeMeetAgain

are bolts 3-time-use only?

Well, are they? :) I didn't find some bolts and then ran out and it was quite a hassle, everytime a zombie noticed me i had to drop the crossbow, reequip the hatchet, reload it, then i could fight back...

Also - how do I start a fire? I got matches and firewood... And a hunting knife. Had I spotted any animals since I have the necessary equipment, I could make yummy food :)

Fireplace:

Rightclick on the matches "Make fireplace". In the action menu (mousewheel) of the fireplace "Light fire" ;)

To cook meat also go in the Action menu of the fireplace and choose "Cook meat"

Edited by Matze
  • Like 1

bolts give you a close to100% chance to take'em back, only if you headshot zombies.

Thank you very much!

Another question, if anybody who looks in here happens to know - how to heal broken bones? I had an earlier run which wasn't too successful, I could only crawl... blacking out from time to time... finally got eaten right after finding a pistol :(

Not sure about the bolts, but I think you can take the ammo back after killing a zombie, you have to point at the bolt it self, not the body.

To start a fire you have to collect wood with a hatchet (go near a tree and right click hatchet -> harvest wood) then right click on the matches -> make fireplace. After that look at the fireplace and there's gonna be the option to light it. Once done that you can cook the raw meat you collect from dead animals after gutting them.

For gutting you have to kill the animal, then select the option "gut animal" it and take the meat, easy enough ^^

EDIT:

For broken bones you need morphine, just use it and you'll be fine. You can find morphine in hospitals and medical boxes in some military tents.

Edited by Arkod

I can confirm that you have to point at the bolt itself, not the body, to take it back.

Yes, I figured I have to point at the bolt itself, but sometimes it is just not there :(

edit: I think it should appear in the zombies gear as well as being visible and takable on the zombie body.

Edited by SoWeMeetAgain
  • Like 1

Yes, I figured I have to point at the bolt itself, but sometimes it is just not there :(

edit: I think it should appear in the zombies gear as well as being visible and takable on the zombie body.

So write the code :)

"It isn't there" isn't quite right. It's probably clipping with the ground, so you cannot see it. I went mental searching for bolts the first couple of times. As someone pointed out above, headshots are the surefire way to retrieve your bolt. It also works for me to shoot them in the arms, but I only do that with those weird zombies that have the broken neck and swing around the head.

Edited by S3V3N