kyle939

Survival days actualy counting...

Hello,

Just had a conversation with another bloke about this and got me thinking.

If you made a character right, ran around abit and then disconnected and didn't play for a week... You load in and the time will say Day 7 survived. Even though you played like 20minutes.

So why not correcting this and all the hours you play adds on, so you play days on end and it all adds up.

Say you die, make a new character and start. You play for 3hours. Disconnect.

Then day after you log in, instead of saying day 2, it shows 3hours. You play... 5 hours more, that then adds ontop...

Eventually it all builds up and becomes more and more days?

Reason being during this conversation this bloke was like "I've been alive for 30days now" and I said doing what... He goes "I've put myself on a light house and left him there, I've not played in ages but he's safe" Well then sorry you've not survived for 30days at all... You've merly put him some where and turned it off.

Little bit of cheating on saying how many days you been alive when in actual fact... You've survived a few hours.

What you all think?

Menphuess

• Like 13

You're right.

If survival-time ever matters for anything, it should be counted as minutes spent in-game, not by 'days passed since character creation'.

I agree.

Bragging about 30 days means nothing.

Just divide current life connect time by 24. Round DOWN. That's HARDCORE.

Edited by Disgraced

Thank you.

Yeah days alive is nothing because you can create a character and leave him aslong as you want without an playing... and the days add up.

So why not actual time and when it rolls over a day, it shows up like "Day 1, Time 45m 32sc" so 45minutes and 32seconds...

Shortened down to fit.

Bragging about actually having survived 30 days wouldn't be impressive either. Maybe that's just me.

Okay I know this isn't really the right thread for my opinion so carry on.

Well nothing has been done as of yet...

Let us hope they notice it.

Edited by kyle939

Definitely explains why my character is at 5 days.

I'd prefer your idea because I like stats like that, so yes. :thumbsup:

+1 beans.

I usually only play a single session each day and the survivial time is the only "accomplishment" in this game. So I would prefer to see the net survivial time counted, not my charcaters existance.

Edited by TheStoryteller01

who cares how long someone has been alive for ?

but your suggestion is valid and ofc it should be added ,but really do people actually care how long ther echar has been alive ? ,i play for exciting gameplay and good teamwork and would rather a char lasted 2 hours rather than 2 months if it involved a epic gunfight or car chase etc or something actually fun .

I know live expectancy is useless but I think it plays a good part.

So when you are offline it does not add.... and atleast it stops some braggers right.

I also agree with you. Showing actual time not time since character was created.

My character was created on 12/12/2011 and I've been alive a year... Because I uninstalled my game.. - Just an example..

Edited by kyle939

It sounds good to me. I agree.

100% agree. This is meant to be hardcore and you die if you dont eat or drink every hour. So having your character magically stay alive for 30 days just by doing nothing is soooooo not immersive.

Thank you all.

Wow lots of beans, going to make me fat :P

Also we see if they actually add this because I've noticed ALOT well actually all the suggestions from us lot has done nothing. Not one single thing being added, only what "they" want to add. I think it is just here so we feel like we've helped...

It's pointless trying to play 'survival' until hacking and duping become rare events.

My charcter is nearing 30 days(I think) but that is because i've been on holday for 3 weeks :P

I think leaving the "Day" counter is fine. Pretty sure once they add the statistics page for your character it would have more "interesting" stats such as timed played this life. There is no reward for being alive for 30+ "Days" so why care? in fact... why hasn't anyone in this thread suggested a reward?

Some of us do play on a daily basis, for me, the day counter is helpful....