Addest

For those who complain about/dislike temperature

You can run to increase your temperature.

Wood is found in barns/sheds nearly 100% of the time.

Sunlight doesn't help.

Staying indoors only stabilizes your temp.

Stay out of the rain.

Wood takes 2 slots.

DO NOT MAKE A FIRE INDOORS IT WILL BUG YOUR FIREPLACE.

You have to have the wood in your inventory, NOT your backpack.

Your temperature drops DRASTICALLY if you touch water.

Your temp drops slower when under heavy forestry and bushes.

Logging out without cover makes you log back in with a lower temp.

That is all.

care_bears_follow_funshine.jpg

Bump with more info.

Wood takes 2 slots.

DO NOT MAKE A FIRE INDOORS IT WILL BUG YOUR FIREPLACE.

You have to have the wood in your inventory, NOT your backpack.

Your temperature drops DRASTICALLY if you touch water.

Your temp drops slower when under heavy forestry and bushes.

Logging out without cover makes you log back in with a lower temp.

Sunlight doesn't help.

yeah... that makes all kinds of sense doesnt it?

or maby im just a carebear because i expect things to be a bit more realistic?

having actually been outdoors other than to just go to the shop to buy more slurpies, i know that you dont get hypothermia from just being outside on a sunny day.

Thats basically what people are "whining" about.

Not the fact that there IS a temp, but the fact that its not working in a realistic way.

Yesterday in-game i cought a cold and was more or less dying. "well you must have done something wrong" you say...

Not really. I ran through woods on a sunny day, and then there was a slight drizzle of rain, and then it was sunny again... my temp dropped so low that i damned near died from it and caught a cold.

Its a wonder that humanity has survived this long if we cannot go outside for more than an hour without catching hypothermia on a sunny day.

Agreed the temp system is beyond retarded at the moment, it's a good idea but it just doesn't work well atm...Running around in full gear in sunlight drops my temp to 70, what the fuck?

I could understand if i was out in a rain storm for hours or swimming through freezing water, but this is just ridiculous.

I've taught outdoor survival for years and have never lost 30% of my body temp on a sunny day in a few hours.

I definitely dont need to make a campfire 6 - 8 times a day.

I like the concept but it seems overdone.

Right, heres how it should be in my opinion.

1: you only lose body temp if you are outdoors at night (maby also if indoors, but at a slower pace) or if you are outdoors during heavy rainfall.

2: body temp equals out when you are outside during sunshine. (meaning, even if you spent all night outside in the cold, you will regain your body temp during the day, if yorue in the sun)

3: running increases body temp (meaning you can keep warm if youre cold, but also overheat if you run too much during a hot day).

4: campfires keep you warm during the night if you are outdoors.

5: campfires should need nothing more than matches or roadflares to make (like it used to be with matches, you build a campfire and then light it with either matches or one flare that is used up)

6: Colds and other diseases shouldnt be dependant on body temp, but could occur randomly (with a low base chance, modified by things such as body temp, hunger and dehydration) and should also have a chance to dissapear naturally after a certain time.

I liked a few of these ideas.

The only issue i have is the fact that some houses do not protect you from cold and the fact that rain drops temp so fast i just go looking for a server with better weather.

I like this new feature, with a few tweaks I think it will work well, some things I've noticed during play:

1. Running does not increase your temperature.

2. Staying high and in sunlight seems to increase it by 2 degrees (needs more testing) but I was on a roof yesterday and my temperature rose by 2 degrees in the sunlight.

3. It does increase indoors, albeit very, very slowly.

maybe it's time to start leaving the odd non-broken bottle of Whiskey about the place for a wee nip to bring the ol' body temp back up again when caught outside on a cold, rainy night! sure the blurry vision is allready in game, and thats the very reason we invented it for in the first place ;)

maybe it's time to start leaving the odd non-broken bottle of Whiskey about the place for a wee nip to bring the ol' body temp back up again when caught outside on a cold' date=' rainy night! sure the blurry vision is allready in game, and thats the very reason we invented it for in the first place ;)

[/quote']

Since its old soviet style country more likely there would be vodka - maybe Rocket could add in the ability to build a still using helicopter parts and produce our own bootleg potato vodka

I sprinted from the debug wilderness got rained on and by the time I hit the shore, I was at 38 degrees for my temp. Highly disappointing

I can confirm sprinting does increase temp and staying indoors does increase your temp (don't tell me it doesn't because I've seen it with my own eyes.) but it's at a very low increase, I've also set a fire up in a general store and it worked fine.

If I sprint IRL for even one or two minutes with same clothes as my character and a bag on my back I'll start sweating while my character ingame barely gains warmth at all... I think my character is trying to smuggle some iceblocks in his underwear.

It's really buggy and irrealistic. Even at night(not so cold, regular night like in Ukraine or some EU) walking in clothes will not make you die even till the morning especially in summer(Like in game. Noticed green trees and grass?!). + if you will drink Vodka - you even will not get any illness. Common rain is also will not make you die from hypothermia. As an example in Byelowrussia rain usually not cold and in Ukraine our children like to play under rain and OH IT's A MAGIC!!! No dead children? Or game is about an ill and sick survivor.

So I vote against this temp feature or to make it moOOOOOOoore soft!

I'll take back what I said about this earlier, it drops far too rapidly in rain, I've survived for a while but I'll die due to heat loss, my hands started shaking at 25 making it difficult to aim and I'm now at 19 degrees and inside yet my temperature has not moved, if I'm shaking it should rise steadily and if I'm inside it should rise a lot quicker than it does now, if it does rise now when I'm inside.

I lost over 70 degrees while in the rain and the distance covered was around 1,000m.

Alcohol does not increase body temperature in real life, it only feels that way. In fact, drinking alcohol while freezing only drains your body temperature even faster.

Read up on it if you don't believe me ;) it's simple anatomy.

^True dat, alcohol thins your blood, meaning that it counteracts your bodies natural ability to move blood to the major organs during episodes of extreme cold.

Back to the game, the introduction of temperature and disease is a nice feature, but extremely bugged at the moment. During my first encounter with the thermometer, I found a glitch that had me go from having about of cold/flu/tuberculosis and down to 2c to being perfectly fine in a couple of minutes.

Right' date=' heres how it should be in my opinion.

1: you only lose body temp if you are outdoors at night (maby also if indoors, but at a slower pace) or if you are outdoors during heavy rainfall.

2: body temp equals out when you are outside during sunshine. (meaning, even if you spent all night outside in the cold, you will regain your body temp during the day, if yorue in the sun)

3: running increases body temp (meaning you can keep warm if youre cold, but also overheat if you run too much during a hot day).

5: campfires should need nothing more than matches or roadflares to make (like it used to be with matches, you build a campfire and then light it with either matches or one flare that is used up)

6: Colds and other diseases shouldnt be dependant on body temp, but could occur randomly (with a low base chance, modified by things such as body temp, hunger and dehydration) and should also have a chance to dissapear naturally after a certain time.

[/quote']

My temp goes down in the sun/night/rain/snow. Even when sprinting it drops like a rock for some odd reason.

temp is pretty ott.

I dont see the point of making it so rain effectively kills you - which is what happens if you do *anything* in the rain (which goes on for hrs most of the time) and get an infection.

I think you really need to strike a better balance between realism and not-fun. it takes 1-2 hrs to tool up, find your friends, get your kit sorted and then bam. you're 'freezing' in broad daylight and coughing your lungs up.

not fun. not cool. :D

Right' date=' heres how it should be in my opinion.

[/quote']

My temp goes down in the sun/night/rain/snow. Even when sprinting it drops like a rock for some odd reason.

^This is very spot on, maybe you should lose temp even during day if you lie down on the ground for some time.