Joe_Blow

Ultimate Solution to Hackers

As we all know this last week there has been a torrent of hackers plaguing our servers. This problem has gotten to the point where the good members of the community are leaving the servers and refuse to play until the problem is either resolved or subsided to a level where the game is actually enjoyable again.

Just to give you some backgound.

I launched my new server, that I personally pay for to support this MOD, on Suday and have already banned 10 known hackers since then.

Just yesterday my server was attacked with 5 different Teleport hacks from 5 different hackers and 2 kill scripts that took out everyone on the server.

Here are my suggestions to eliminate hackers from your server for good.

1) Any time someone reports hackers on your server BAN everyone who is on the server at the time the hack occurred, with the exception of the people who are a trusted member of your community.

or

2) BAN everyone on your server who is not a trusted member of your community.

Some of you may think this Idea is stupid; however think about it a litte longer.

What am I trying to achive with this post?

What would happen if every server Banned people who were not a part of thier comminity?

How many people are out there hacking right now?

Is this fun for me or my Friends?

Why should I pay for people who just want to ruin my fun?

Is there any other solution?

Disscuss....

And now I open this thread up to the whirlwind of Haters and Trolls who will no doubtable share their opinion on the subject.

Edited by Joe_Blow

give me time ill get your an ad to help propel this idea into something positive.

So ban innocent players because there unlucky enough to join a server where there is a hacker? I for one think this is probably the most stupid way to deal with hackers.

• Like 9

So every legit player can't play on your server anymore and hackers just change their GUID and come back? What did you accomplish? Other than a server populated only by you and your friends?

• Like 1

I have a solution to crimes in real life.

Everytime someone commits a crime, put everyone in prison.

BAM, no more crime.

• Like 13

The problem is - admin can't just ban people on the hive level. And banning people from the server will do nothing to stop the hacker from going to another server and launching his scripts again.

And how would YOU like to get banned after being killed by a hacker (if it would be possible)

That is probably the stupidest solution you could come up with. There is an admin out there who already does this, and I'm sure if he does it again, his server will be blacklisted as it's unacceptable.

• Like 1

if this was the result of your long "thought".. well then... :) :lol:

--not much of a thought process is it ;)

Sure.. I am fine with it.. ban everyone!!! lol

Edited by da_klunk

I think every game should adopt Rockstar's method of dealing with hackers that they implemented in Max Payne 3.

Anyone caught hacking has their ID placed into a special matchmaking 'pool', meaning hackers will be placed into games with other hackers (unknowingly to them, until they discover everyone has god mode). Obviously not sure how this would work with a server browser, but still, i'd love to see it :D

Edited by nfsmwbefast
  • Like 1

So... you want to punish legit users to avoid the non legit users?

Are you taking the Ubisoft Strategy?

As we all know this last week there has been a torrent of hackers plaguing our servers. This problem has gotten to the point where the good members of the community are leaving the servers and refuse to play until the problem is either resolved or subsided to a level where the game is actually enjoyable again. I have given it much thought and here are my suggestions to eliminate hackers from your server for good.

1) Any time someone reports hackers on your server BAN everyone who is on the server at the time the hack occurred, with the exception of the people who are a trusted member of your community.

or

2) BAN everyone on your server who is not a trusted member of your community.

And now I open this thread up to the whirlwind of Haters and Trolls who will no doubtable share their opinion on the subject.

You mention players leaving the server and you rightfully consider this to be a bad thing. But then you propose to ban everybody on the server. Notice how those statements conflict?

Hilarious thing is, this is a more legit way to ban people (albeit innocent) than 3/4 the server admins out there that ban the server when their little precious pink van of doom gets stolen with all their phat loots in it. But still, no.

this is the ultimate solution, give each hacker one of these and there will be no more problems =)

21465.jpg

• Like 1

this is the ultimate solution, give each hacker one of these and there will be no more problems =)

"Well look at the beans on that hacker!", they'll say.

sounds just as good as taking all the servers offline and not allowing anyone to play at all.......

ban everyone coz of one person? serious?

Some of you may think this Idea is stupid; however think about it a litte longer.

Just to give you some backgound.

I launched my new server, that I personally pay for, on Suday and have already banned 10 known hackers since then.

Just yesterday my server was attacked with 5 different Teleport hacks from 5 different hackers and 2 kill scripts that took out everyone on the server.

What am I trying to achive with this post?

What would happen if every server Banned people who were not a part of thier comminity?

How many people are out there hacking right now?

Is this fun for me or my Friends?

Why should I pay for people who just want to ruin my fun?

Is there any other solution?

Disscuss....

Edited by Joe_Blow

If you ban mindlessly, I hope you are removed from the hive master server. This gives you an unfair advantage over other people because you can go and farm NWAF for anything you want, lets say NVG, and go terrorize other servers. If you want somewhere that only your friends can play, password your server (which will again remove you from the master server but this is the only option for you)