Takistan would be dark. Justa sayin. It gets dark at like 5' date=' and doesn't get bright till 5.

[/quote']

Adjust the time of year on the mission.

Winter = dark earlier

Summer = late sundown

Just like real seasons.

Don't believe me. Go into the editor, place one unit down as player. Set time to 5pm and January 1st. View mission, notice it's dark or nearly dark. Then go back to editor and set it to July 1st and load, it'll be bright out.

Unless vegetation is increased to DayZ Chernarus level and a lot more buildings and villages are added, Takistan is a big no-no.

Any wide open Desert map equals guy on high ground / roof / tower with scoped rifle wins (until he runs out of ammo). He's then replaced by new guy with scoped rifle. Ends up being "capture the hill" game.

Add in no cover from Zeds, so even creeping would show three half rings on meter.

Might as well add in random CIA Drone attacks on Zombie camps :)

No guys! Takistan would be great. Consider it not just another map but different game mode. Add more vehicle spawns and make it into Mad Max. Searching for food and fuel just like in the movie. It would be great! Chernarus is S.T.AL.K.E.R. but Takistan would be Mad Max.

LOL, I can see it now, you in your car, flying through the desert turning up dust with a stream of 400 Zeds following you.

I wait in town for you to stop and either

A: be consumbed by the horde you turned up or

B: Put a bullet in your head now that you're done driving and looking for fuel

On that note, can we have a Tina Turner looking Zombie? :)

Obviously Mel Gibson has already turned into one when Alcohol is added

LOL' date=' I can see it now, you in your car, flying through the desert turning up dust with a stream of 400 Zeds following you.

I wait in town for you to stop and either

A: be consumbed by the horde you turned up or

B: Put a bullet in your head now that you're done driving and looking for fuel

On that note, can we have a Tina Turner looking Zombie? :)

Obviously Mel Gibson has already turned into one when Alcohol is added

[/quote']

Wouldn't that be fun?

Takistan lacks vegitation and it is too bland' date=' so no no by me.

Chernarus and sahrani - best maps.

[/quote']

Don't look at it as an infantry based map. As I said, as I said vehicles would be the main way to get around. Thus distance between lakes and lack of cover wouldn't be a problem.

Takistan no, its very bland. I think Zargabad might be cool to try at least.

Large city with some out lying areas. Crap ton of enterable buildings compared to Chernerus. There is a river that runs a long one side of the map and there are plenty of water pump/wells that dot the map.

So tell me, how do you want to get persistance between two maps?

So tell me' date=' how do you want to get persistance between two maps?

[/quote']

You don't. Separate maps separate characters

As soon as I hear the words 'Takistan' and 'DayZ'' date=' all that comes into mind is this...

[img']http://www.usabit.com/fotos/13966.jpg

That's just...wow. WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS?

Takistan no' date=' its very bland. I think Zargabad might be cool to try at least.

Large city with some out lying areas. Crap ton of enterable buildings compared to Chernerus. There is a river that runs a long one side of the map and there are plenty of water pump/wells that dot the map.

[/quote']

Zargabad is actually really small. Takistan is not that small and it has tons of buildings, but no vegetation on the mountains. The valleys have a pretty good amount of trees and shrubs and some water.

I don't see this happening, it's just too open. I've played zombie missions on Takistan and they are cool, but they also have a ton of fog.

Takistan would be a great map in my opinion to play on due to the amount of buildings and town structures, especially compounds around homes would make quick defenses for survivors and bandits alike.

Takistan lacks vegitation and it is too bland' date=' so no no by me.

Chernarus and sahrani - best maps.

[/quote']

Chernarus is bland too due to the insane amount of forest and little to no enter able buildings, Takistan would be resource rich.

Any wide open Desert map equals guy on high ground / roof / tower with scoped rifle wins (until he runs out of ammo). He's then replaced by new guy with scoped rifle. Ends up being "capture the hill" game.

Add in no cover from Zeds' date=' so even creeping would show three half rings on meter.

Might as well add in random CIA Drone attacks on Zombie camps :)

[/quote']

The same argument could be used with Chernarus, the only real downside of Takistan is foliage, which even then the mountain, hills, and rocky terrain would provide great cover and concealment.

Takistan would be pretty boring. Bare hills without any trees.

And then those Houses in oriental style...

I could not identify with that kind of landscape.

Something like Namalsk would be -way- more suitable that Takistan, although it's far too small... Panthera would also be pretty cool, and it had quite a bit of variety in the terrain.