animalshadow

Blood type/Group

It could be cool to have randomly assigned Blood type/group to player ID(As new classes of blood packs).

So if you want to make a blood transfusion you need to have your group blood pack.

It will make blood pack hunting as a new fun :D

and also increase inventory slot space several times over to carry different blood types. sorry but as is we need to carry enough.

Well this is cool idea IMHO. Another way to naturally encourage cooperation/trade.

I just like to think that all the blood bags are O group blood. O type blood is a universal donator (it has no antigens, and can therefore be given to anyone as a blood transfusion).

Just came to this idea lately and decided to google up and of course I wasn't first one to think about it.

I vote with both hands for introduction of blood types as well as random distribution of blood type as new character spawn. This will add a new level of complexity and cooperation between players when players have to search for blood bags of their own type of blood.

---

Going even further players might not know their blood type at the beginning and they need to find a medical kit which will allow them to find their blood type in the field (I believe there are such kits in real life).

I just like to think that all the blood bags are O group blood. O type blood is a universal donator (it has no antigens' date=' and can therefore be given to anyone as a blood transfusion).

[/quote']

True, O group blood is relatively rare though.

So i think they should add this, make A, AB etc bloodtypes fairly commong (in hospitals that is) and make O type bloodpacks a rare drop.

Just came to this idea lately and decided to google up and of course I wasn't first one to think about it.

I vote with both hands for introduction of blood types as well as random distribution of blood type as new character spawn. This will add a new level of complexity and cooperation between players when players have to search for blood bags of their own type of blood.

---

Going even further players might not know their blood type at the beginning and they need to find a medical kit which will allow them to find their blood type in the field (I believe there are such kits in real life).

Maybe players won't even spawn knowing their bloodtype, but they'll have to find something to test it first.

like a syringe and a testing strip. And if you then use bloodbags before you know your bloodtype, you'd either get lucky and use the right one, or get some sort of disease.

In that case I sure as hell want to be AB+ hahahaha. Universal Receiver for those of you who don't know. I do see this as being something interesting that can be added. Just another way to make it more realistic :D.

Just imagine all the blood bags are O- and forget the other complications that can arise , in emergency surgery its what you use, and hospitals have loads of it in stock.

And for blood types just imagine all survivors have the same type as it protects you against the virus. Better yet, a theory that explains everything: imagine the survivors are blood type AB+. Its universal receiver, so doesnt matter what blood bags we have, and its the rarest type, which would explain the small number of survivors (its about 3%of the population if memory serves me right).

No thanks. Inventory is super limited as is and this mechanic may be a bit complex for some gamers to fully understand. The curb for dayz is already pretty high and doing more things to complicate the game will just turn people away. I know you snarky elitests don't want casuals to be able to play, but it's bad for business to over complicate a game that will almost definitely be full retail in the near future.

More players interaction... CHECK

More realistic... CHECK

More reasons to value your life (blood)... CHECK

More reason to scavenge... CHECK

Best idea evar, guys.

Very cool idea to add yet another realistic element to this game. New players already have to look up maps of Chernarus to learn their way around and learn a little bit of russian to read the signs, so why not also have them learn about blood types? Many people don't even have a clue what their blood type is in real life. The game can entice them to learn :) See link below for some interesting blood type info.

http://www.bloodbankofalaska.org/about_blood/types.html

I'd say 1/10 players should spawn with Type O blood, to make it a little bit rare.

This topic was discussed here.

Blood typing and blood donation would add an extra added cooperative element into the game. If specific blood typing complicates matters too much (8 blood groups in total, compatibility etc) , it was discussed that why don't all survivors simply share the same blood group e.g. O-, this both simplifies the concept but could also be incorporated into the lore (7% of the world's population are O-, would explain why survivors survived and don't turn after getting bitten by the 'infected')

Definitely for this, would make things a lot more interesting, not to mention more realistic.