RapturJesus

BattlEye client not responding

I try to join a game and usually get past receiving data and then a window shows up say something like "You were kicked from the game: BattlEye Client not responding". Sometimes it happens while Im playing too.

How do I fix this?

If you are using steam right-click on ArmA 2 OA and press reinstall battleye client.

Client not responding: This can happen if the server's or your connection times out for quite a while or breaks up completely. A common solution is to update your modem/router's firmware. Other than that, please ensure that there are no problems with your internet connection (you might want to contact your ISP).

Try that, otherwise go to www.battleye.com and manually install the newest version.

Have exactly the same problem however when I click on reinstall battleye client nothing happens or Im told that the game is unavailable at the moment.

• Like 1

reinstalling doesn't fix it for me, something "changed" after beta 95054 such that battleye always ends up "not responding" 5-15 minutes after I join just about any server.

I've uninstalled everything, reformatted the drive in question, reinstalled steam, reinstalled arma2/oa/dayz, same shit. 5-15 minutes into the game I get disconnected due to battleye not responding.

I suspect if I had a different router the issue would go away but this router worked fine with 95054 and previous betas---and their related versions of battleye---so I'm not going to buy a new router for something they broke and could break again regardless of what router I have.

reinstalling doesn't fix it for me, something "changed" after beta 95054 such that battleye always ends up "not responding" 5-15 minutes after I join just about any server.

I've uninstalled everything, reformatted the drive in question, reinstalled steam, reinstalled arma2/oa/dayz, same shit. 5-15 minutes into the game I get disconnected due to battleye not responding.

I suspect if I had a different router the issue would go away but this router worked fine with 95054 and previous betas---and their related versions of battleye---so I'm not going to buy a new router for something they broke and could break again regardless of what router I have.

I have a similar issue (mine happens like 10 or 15 seconds after connecting to the lobby) although mine happens on my home server (and a few others I've tried): US 257 Seattle (http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/74.121.191.74:2302/)

I have tried everything you have and even tried different routers (switched from a Netgear WNDR3700 with OpenWRT to my Apple Time Capsule) and have the same result for that server (in addition to what he'd mentioned I've tried every uninstall/install method for Battleye I could find on the Internet). I can get on about 90 percent of servers but I hit one now and then that just refuses to play nice just like US 257. I sent a message to Battleye support to try to help me turn up logging or something but I'm not holding my breath.

Any helpful tips from anyone that has overcome this issue?

I have a similar issue (mine happens like 10 or 15 seconds after connecting to the lobby) although mine happens on my home server (and a few others I've tried): US 257 Seattle (http://www.gametrack...21.191.74:2302/)

I have tried everything you have and even tried different routers (switched from a Netgear WNDR3700 with OpenWRT to my Apple Time Capsule) and have the same result for that server (in addition to what he'd mentioned I've tried every uninstall/install method for Battleye I could find on the Internet). I can get on about 90 percent of servers but I hit one now and then that just refuses to play nice just like US 257. I sent a message to Battleye support to try to help me turn up logging or something but I'm not holding my breath.

Any helpful tips from anyone that has overcome this issue?

My buddy has been having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM... and not only that... our home server was originally US 257 SEATTLE as well. Then he could get into most other servers, but not that one... and now today, with the 1.66 BE updates, as well as the new beta, and new DayZ files (when they all update like that, who fucking knows which set caused the problem) the server we had relocated to doesn't work either.

What. The. Fuck.

I just wanna play the game without this crap happening every time I try to play with my buddy.

That solves nothing for me on that server. I've done EVERYTHING and I'm in contact with Bastian Suter from Battleye who seems to think it is a problem with scripts.txt and Battleye. If the server admin renames the scripts.txt file and reboots the server I can connect and play just fine for hours on end. If the scripts.txt file is in place I can get to the lobby and sit there for 15 seconds and then I'll get kicked for "Battleye: Client Not Responding".

The problem has something to do with scripts.txt and Battleye and (perhaps) my ISP (I play just fine on about 95 percent of other servers btw.. but the server I'm trying to play on is my clan's home server so I want to play there).

Before someone starts offering the simple fixes that I've seen peppered all over the Internet, I've done them, 20 times each...

I've reinstalled Battleye (and the manual dll copy method), reinstalled the game, reinstalled my OS, changed routers (One is a Netgear the other is Apple), update firmware on the routers, had the server admin try playing my character (succeeded), I tried playing the server admins character (failed), installed the game on one of my old machines (still failed with "Client Not Responding").

So yeah, it IS definitely some combo of Battleye 1.165+, scripts.txt (even the new one my server admin obtained yesterday) and (maybe) my ISP.

My buddy has been having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM... and not only that... our home server was originally US 257 SEATTLE as well. Then he could get into most other servers, but not that one... and now today, with the 1.66 BE updates, as well as the new beta, and new DayZ files (when they all update like that, who fucking knows which set caused the problem) the server we had relocated to doesn't work either.

What. The. Fuck.

I just wanna play the game without this crap happening every time I try to play with my buddy.

You aren't crazy, its a REAL problem with that server (and a few others I've stumbled on). What ISP does your buddy have?

UPDATE:

Just got another email from Bastian Suter, he's going to create a test version of Battleye and send it to me soon in order to help locate the issue.

Edited by Vazick

When i go to steam and try to hit reinstall battleye it pops up saying missing string. help anyone?

You aren't crazy, its a REAL problem with that server (and a few others I've stumbled on). What ISP does your buddy have?

UPDATE:

Just got another email from Bastian Suter, he's going to create a test version of Battleye and send it to me soon in order to help locate the issue.

Finally got the test BE client from Bastian Suter. Grabbed some some logs while connecting and getting kicked for client not responding and sent them into him. He said he sees the issue and will work on a fix.

Finally got the test BE client from Bastian Suter. Grabbed some some logs while connecting and getting kicked for client not responding and sent them into him. He said he sees the issue and will work on a fix.

There should be a fix coming on the server side BE for the "client not responding" issue tonight or tomorrow according to Bastian Suter.

im still having trouble finding ANY server that wont kick me like this.

Any news on a fix?

im still having trouble finding ANY server that wont kick me like this.

Any news on a fix?

Not sure, it seems to be fixed for me as of yesterday. You might wan to go to the Battleye site and send them an email like I did. He should be able to give you the beta BE client that logs the data so he can track down what your issue is.

There should be a fix coming on the server side BE for the "client not responding" issue tonight or tomorrow according to Bastian Suter.

Any news on this? and btw awesome work on getting this in motion :). I still getting kicked from my own server so does everyone else who plays on it sometimes directly sometimes after 30 minutes to 1 hour :( Its really frustrating...