Sign in to follow this  
Qleavage

DayZ DLC?

Hi there all,

I am a new member and have heard about this amazing mod for ARMA II around a week ago. I was a bit skeptical about it and after watching videos on YouTube I have decided to take the plunge and buy the game.

I just had a quick question though...

1) I understand that I have to buy ARMA II: Combined Operations, but what are the benefits of buying BAF and PMC? I think PMC gives better textures but does BAF? Is it worth buying?

Thanks for your time and I look forward to seeing answers :)

They both give better textures than the light version which comes with Operation Arrowhead.

As far as I can remember all the content is in the light version but just with low res textures.

Its maybe a little early for you to buy them yet. Play the game some and if you like it maybe spend a little extra and get the DLCs :)

Myself I play lots of Arma2 Mods and Missions not just DayZ so getting the DLCs was worth it for me. If i only played DayZ I would probably not have bought them.

Edited by BL1P

They both give better textures than the light version which comes with Operation Arrowhead.

As far as I can remember all the content is in the light version but just with low res textures.

Its maybe a little early for you to buy them yet. Play the game some and if you like it maybe spend a little extra and get the DLCs :)

Myself I play lots of Arma2 Mods and Missions not just DayZ so getting the DLCs was worth it for me. If i only played DayZ I would probably not have bought them.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I have just bought the game and it is downloading now. I am still a bit confused on what to do though. Buy BAF and/or PMC or not buy either :huh:

Thanks.

1) I understand that I have to buy ARMA II: Combined Operations, but what are the benefits of buying BAF and PMC? I think PMC gives better textures but does BAF? Is it worth buying?

Na, you are a bit wrong, you wont get anything for Arma II or DayZ if you buy one of those 2 DLC's neither better textures or something else,

You already have better textures (Highres) if you bought Arma II Combined Operations cause whit "CO" you also payed for the FULL Version of Arma 2, only if you get Arma 2 for free and you buy Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead (that is what you basically need) you wont have the HIGHRES textures. Its all based on which Arma 2 Version you buy. Those DLC's do NOTHING only give you some singleplayer stuff for example 1-2 more skins, some suits (not in DayZ) and WOW high res textures for vehicle which doesnt appear in dayz :D

Edited by Leozean

Hello there

If you are solely playing DAYZ and not Arma2, then you are missing out on an amazing experience.

If you just stick with the lo-res BAF/PMC content then not only will some aspects of the game will obviously not look as stellar, but also you wont receive the mini campaigns and missions that also come bundled with the DLC's.

Personally, I would urge you to get them if you have enough pennies.

Rgds

LoK

Na, you are a bit wrong, you wont get anything for Arma II or DayZ if you buy one of those 2 DLC's neither better textures or something else,

You already have better textures (Highres) if you bought Arma II Combined Operations cause whit "CO" you also payed for the FULL Version of Arma 2, only if you get Arma 2 for free and you buy Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead (that is what you basically need) you wont have the HIGHRES textures. Its all based on which Arma 2 Version you buy. Those DLC's do NOTHING only give you some singleplayer stuff for example 1-2 more skins, some suits (not in DayZ) and WOW high res textures for vehicle which doesnt appear in dayz :D

So my understanding is that I have the high resolution textures since I bought ARMA II: Combined Operations? So I don't need to buy BAF or PMC because I already have those textures? \

Thanks.

So my understanding is that I have the high resolution textures since I bought ARMA II: Combined Operations? So I don't need to buy BAF or PMC because I already have those textures? \

Thanks.

Wrong you get whats called a LIGHT version of the DLCs with low res textures and as someone mentioned above you don't get the missions/campaigns that come with BAF or PMC unless you get the DLCs

Sorry m8 you are confusing arma2 free to play with the DLCs it seems.

I am still a bit confused on what to do though. Buy BAF and/or PMC or not buy either :huh:

If you have the cash to spare buy the DLCs but they are not needed to play DayZ

Edited by BL1P

If you have the cash to spare buy the DLCs but they are not needed to play DayZ

I mainly (85%) bought ARMA II for DayZ. I honestly wouldn't buy BAF or PMC for their side missions. I basically just want the best graphics and textures so I am not sure if buying BAF or PMC is worth buying, that is why I am confused.

Thanks.

Try it out without first.

PMC will increase the textures of the male survivor skins.

BAF will increase the textures of the camo clothing and ghillie suits(?)

BAF skins does not spawn in this build, but will get fixed next update.