Dedulka

Let's play from beginning with every new big patch!

As soon as better security is implemented (Anti-Hacking, combat logging, server hopping, duping), a full database reset should be used to clear up the broken vehicles and tents and the hundreds of top tier weapons that are currently on servers due to the dupers. Until then, there isn't any point in resetting because the exploiters will just create a mess again.

I agree.

There is tons of stuff from bugs and cloning.

Clans are just flow with weapons and rare equipment.

Wipe it.

I have all toolset NVG rangefinder Coyote. I run with M16ACOG because I like this gun and I find it myself like any thing I have.

But if I get killed I can always find one of the clan tent(not even my clan) with a tons of high tech weapons.

Wipe it.

Server wipe and everyone spawns with NVG's and an axe.

• Like 1

Wiping everything does nothing but delay bug finding. Since we are here to find and report bugs, we should be keeping our equipment in between patches. I wouldn't mind if there was a wipe at every big patch, like 1.8, 1.9, etc. but doing it every time Rocket releases an update isn't needed.

Согласен с дедулькой!!! когда у тебя все есть,нет никакой нужды искать,исследовать,поэтому я за вайп!

This guy.

I like this idea; makes people test every phase of the game (new, ok gear, good gear, great gear) so all the bugs can be found. I don't see how sitting at your base with a dozen tents and vehicles just so you can go out and snipe people is "testing" the game.

• Like 2

guys saying we need people in the "pro" spots testing to?

We would have people in the "pro" spots testing even with a restart??? it takes like a week or 2 to get like OP shit im for a reset ev time they could evaluate all the paterns and adjust loots spawns etc acordingly making it easier or perferably harder to find good shit so soon :)

Agreed. From a testing point of view it would be better to start clean every time. Changes to the game are made to alter the game experience. But if the game is not cleaned of all the stuff from the previous versions, the consequences of these changes might be quite different or the causes of certain effects might be misinterpreted. Let's assume the loot spawns would be rebalanced and weapon spawns would be reduced. This change would not have the desired effect since there are 100000 hoarders with military grade weapons in their tents/vehicles.

It is obvious in this example, but there might be situations where certain newly implemented game mechanics fail due to the burdens from previous versions and the connection is not obvious at all.

This is exactly i want to say. Some peoples with top gear will say "percent of top gear drop should be lowered" since they alrdy got load of it, then newcomers never get it because they will be shot in sight of spawn points with this top gear.

But i think resets should affect only major patches (like 1.7.x to 1.8/x) and not minor one (like 1.7.3 to 1.7.4).

And i still think that starting equip should contain much more then just one bandage with painkillers pills. At least should be simple weapon to protect self from zombies and 1 pack of food and water (or at just water or just food). Sometimes its too hard to run away from zombies and they can detect you very fast, so you will just die, cause you cant kill them without weapon and also you cant run forever - your hard breathe might kill you.