Dedulka

Let's play from beginning with every new big patch!

I suggest to clean all game servers with every new patch (level 1.7.2/3/4 or smaller), and let all players start from the beginning, because it's only an alpha test (not a final release) and it should be tested, and not to shoot people at airports. :beans: :beans: :beans: :emptycan: :emptycan:

To test gameplay, we have to test all the chips, innovations patches from scratch, just to see the dynamics of the distribution of loot, the changes in the game.

ALL WE NEED IS TEST! :)

Edited by Dedulka
  • Like 8

Согласен с дедулькой!!! когда у тебя все есть,нет никакой нужды искать,исследовать,поэтому я за вайп!

Personally I would not mind, maybe its because I've never gotten Nvg,ect but I have managed on this life a DMR with 2 mags and a great supply of useful things. But I would love to run around some big city's with my hatchet and scare people lol.

if it is only the alpha test, then it should be tested

если этот только альфа тест, то нужно тестировать

What would it do..? The people who can jump on first for the longest will just horde all the gear again and before you know it snipers will be set up again.

This means that the snipers will be other testers. this is a test, so the need testers, not the players and bounty hunters.

это значит, что снайперами станут другие тестеры. это тест, поэтому нужны тестеры, а не игроки и охотники за головами.

• Like 1

no. because dying is easy. plus to test a game the game needs testers in every phase of the game, like beginner, basic gear, advanced gear, top gear.

Snipers are already testing.

You ability to zig and zag.

We don't need to reset every character to cater to the lowest common demonimator. If you haven't already found a scoped rifle, some decent gear or NVGs, no amount of resets will help you. If you want some gucci gear, you gotta put in some work around here.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

so it would be better if the players are appearing everywhere on the map, not just on the coast

and at first we must find a sniper rifle or NVG.. )

Wasn't it Rocket himself that said not to get attached to gear, since this is an alpha?

I have NVG's, an M24, and enough everything to last me forever. =\

So what? It took me less than a week. Oh noooo...

This seems obvious, but yes, major patches should come with a reset. Patterns should be monitored, and data collected. It's a testing phase.

• Like 2

As has bees said before, the game has to be tested in all its aspects. From beginner to pro.

I am against your idea. I simply don't want to see 20 people in the hospital at the same time.

Yes, there will be new situations in the game, including 20 people in the hospital, as well as fights with hatchets. This variety of the game.

Agreed. From a testing point of view it would be better to start clean every time. Changes to the game are made to alter the game experience. But if the game is not cleaned of all the stuff from the previous versions, the consequences of these changes might be quite different or the causes of certain effects might be misinterpreted. Let's assume the loot spawns would be rebalanced and weapon spawns would be reduced. This change would not have the desired effect since there are 100000 hoarders with military grade weapons in their tents/vehicles.

It is obvious in this example, but there might be situations where certain newly implemented game mechanics fail due to the burdens from previous versions and the connection is not obvious at all.

There are also buggy tents that cannot be used anymore and half-broken vehicles in the outskirts of the map that do not despawn, but are too far away from loot spawns to be repaired and thus do not contribute to the game anymore.

So, yes: let's start clean everytime!

• Like 2

This is the correct interpretation of my suggestion!

From a gameplay point of view, I really don't feel like surviving the NW airfield, getting good stuff, getting off for a day or two, BOOM UPDATE! And start all over again.....You would lose people because eventually, people would get sick of having their stuff reset. This would work if the goal of the people playing it was to test, but it isn't. I play DayZ because it's fun, not because I want to test the product. If you reset my shit every time you want to add two new features and fix a few bugs, then why should I try and get good gear if I'm just going to lose it? Maybe on big updates, sure, but the last update really didn't add much.

Edited by Quaby

Ok you say we should test new lootsystems? Heck when did that change the last time? When did something change about the way you gear up were you get your stuff?

Rocket did play around in the past with the system, last interview i have seen with him he sayed he will not realy mess around with it, engine and other stuff needs to be sorted out first, so why do a wipe if nothing changes in the process of looting and gearing up?

Next point, bugged vehicles? Too far away from loot? Heck, first there is no too far away ever, and if there are bugged vehicles, well then find a way to fix that now and forever, not by simple wiping stuff, no by finding a way to id broken stuff and write some code that this will be fixed, not semi fixed by wiping.

We are here to test stuff, right but for me it realy makes no sence to test the same stuff over and over agian.

So wiping every patch will not help, it will only slow down the testing over and over again.

If there are major changes to the game, like a totel new lootsystem, a total new vehicle system or what not, i could maybe agree to do a wipe then, but not if only minor changes are made or stuff got fixed, i do not get the point why there should be a wipe every time a small part of the game gets changed.

Even if DayZ goes standalone there will be changes in the game, would you ask for a full wipe then too? NO, cause that is not testing phase right?

But what is testing all about? Get the stuff sorted out and make it work in the future, were a wipe is not the key to solve a problem, were you have to find a way to fix stuff without doing a wipe to not piss of your players.

well i'm currently full equip with an AS50, 4 magazines, Alice backpack within it an M4 CCO SD, NVG and Rangefinder, but i support this idea, character reset would be enough good to test the game over and over imo

Edited by darkanima270

Some patches are technically incompatible, so you need to clean the contents of the server and reset the loot players. Another example was the transfer of 40K accounts in connection with which many began to play from scratch.

Not a good idea,

A novice player will test a part of the game,

And players with all possible equipment will test other things.

The game changes as the player progresses, and all things must be tested. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by kovalhuk

1.7.1/1.7.2/1.7.3/1.7.4 level patches are made for weeks and months, so the novice players will have a lot of time to learn the game inside out

Edited by Dedulka

there will be enough people dying and getting reset that a full player reset probably won't be needed. if there was a full reset, i bet a bunch of people would just keep playing the old patch instead of upgrading.

This would work if the goal of the people playing it was to test, but it isn't. I play DayZ because it's fun, not because I want to test the product. If you reset my shit every time you want to add two new features and fix a few bugs, then why should I try and get good gear if I'm just going to lose it? Maybe on big updates, sure, but the last update really didn't add much.

Every player has his own goal. The goal of the game development atm is to add features, balance things and get rid of the bugs. With my last character I have been alive for about 30h, was fully equipped and survived NW airfield after being forced to defend myself. Yesterday I was killed by the open-door-bug in a tiny corridor and I don't care. You can't expect a complete game experience from an alpha.

If there are major changes to the game, like a totel new lootsystem, a total new vehicle system or what not, i could maybe agree to do a wipe then, but not if only minor changes are made or stuff got fixed, i do not get the point why there should be a wipe every time a small part of the game gets changed.

Maybe you're right there, a wipe might not be neccessary for every minor update. However, the millions of tents and buggy stuff is affecting server performance and that should be fixed. So at some stage Rocket will have to wipe anyway.

Maybe offtopic: IMO the current number of players is affecting the development of the mod in a negative way. Thousands of players are begging Rocket to leave certain things as they are just to be able to stick to the game mechanics they are used to or to keep their tons of loot. I hope he won't listen to them. This mod needs to evolve cause it's far from being completed and most of its potential is stil untapped.