Sign in to follow this  
Hoskins123

Damage reduction?

I have noticed just today that my 1911 is not killing zombies in one hit like it did previously. I have hit a zombie up to 3 times before dropping it. I just got my first m107 and decided to practice my aim at elektro. My first shot hits a guy "not sure where but I aimed for chest", I saw blood spurting out but no kill. I was reading the damage charts and i thought the m107 was an instant kill.... If not I would atleast expect the guy to fall passed out. Anyway he just goes running around like crazy getting chased by zombies and I logged off for the night. Is this just me or anyone else experiencing this? My friend did complain about not being able to 1 hit zombies today with his pistol but no feedback on the sniper and this is my first time trying it.

I have noticed just today that my 1911 is not killing zombies in one hit like it did previously. I have hit a zombie up to 3 times before dropping it. I just got my first m107 and decided to practice my aim at elektro. My first shot hits a guy "not sure where but I aimed for chest", I saw blood spurting out but no kill. I was reading the damage charts and i thought the m107 was an instant kill.... If not I would atleast expect the guy to fall passed out. Anyway he just goes running around like crazy getting chased by zombies and I logged off for the night. Is this just me or anyone else experiencing this? My friend did complain about not being able to 1 hit zombies today with his pistol but no feedback on the sniper and this is my first time trying it.

It begins.

-MONSTER

I think some of the weapons may have had a damage reduction in the last patch. I've noticed the bizon SD takes more chest shots to take down a zombie now and like you said the m1911 isnt one hit kill anymore. I havent tried any others since the patch though.

Yeah, I am not even having fun with these dmg reductions. On purpose or a bug, if they stay they make it so ammo is a wasted slot you just stock up on bandages and hope to not get knocked out. When you can only hold so many clips and each zombie takes about a half clip or more, its messed up. I just unloaded a entire marakov on a zombie and had to reload to kill it.

I get graphics lag when I play on most servers, and with the way the zombies zig zag/stop-go rapidly I can almost never get a headshot unless I shoot before they agro. Guess I will need a pistol with more rounds per clip.

Maybe Rocket intended to do this and not added to patch notes. I recall him saying a while back he added a feature he didn't add to patch notes were infected could hear you eating and drinking. I'd actually like to see this more often if it is true. How many people would be able to log onto a forum in a zombie apocalypse and find out how many shots it takes to put them down.

And so it will begin, another balancing war of weapons just like bf3...god dammit I hate when they do this.

4 chest shots with a revolver within >20 meters

thats...really, really dumb with the zombie speed. Granted I love how it makes zombies harder, but they are currently jerky as FUCK.

welcome back makarov.

The problem is, the only way id go back to using a 9mm, is if I find a G19, Cause it currently takes almost full clip to over a full clip of ammo depending on how far out they see you, and if you miss one or two shots due to the horrible pathing/jerkiness of zeds.

I used to favor the AKS 74 as my primary, but going back to trying to use Akm cause they are 2 shot dead at far range. not even going to bother with pistols until they start being useful.

I just unloaded a entire marakov on a zombie and had to reload to kill it.

It's not really funny, but I laughed pretty hard at this.

i duno what any of you are talking about, when i shoot something doesnt matter with what its always 1 shot to kill

I believe this is a bug, if it wasn't they would have nerfed 9mm damage as well. Currently .45 ACP = 9mm, the first round has double the energy and significantly more stopping power.

dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47270-i-just-found-the-most-amazing-thing/

Maybe Rocket intended to do this and not added to patch notes. I recall him saying a while back he added a feature he didn't add to patch notes were infected could hear you eating and drinking. I'd actually like to see this more often if it is true. How many people would be able to log onto a forum in a zombie apocalypse and find out how many shots it takes to put them down.

In that "realistic" sense; how would a gun's damage change randomly in real life?

Touche sir, touche.

13,5bullets with an mp5/bison to kill a player. Where is the realism? Id rather up the zombie health instead of reducing the weapon damage, that would be the way to go.

Edited by dannyboy92

Yeah, I am not even having fun with these dmg reductions. On purpose or a bug, if they stay they make it so ammo is a wasted slot you just stock up on bandages and hope to not get knocked out. When you can only hold so many clips and each zombie takes about a half clip or more, its messed up. I just unloaded a entire marakov on a zombie and had to reload to kill it.

yep, when coupled with the zed's erratic behavior it makes things challenging. it wouldn't be so bad if you could shoot them from a distance, but they tend to zig-zag around a lot. then when they get near you, it's like you're just taking damage, whether or not they're 'hitting' you

anyway there's been a few threads on this. one started by me. I don't think it was intended. especially since it started with the Arma patch, so I imagine it might effect all Arma 2 players, and not just DayZ

so.. now we need 9 revolver shots to the body to kill a man..

seems legit..

If that damage chart is true...

it sucks. hard.

- That 9mm have trouble wounding Zeds would be all right... If they didn't have shitty pathing.

- M1911 & Revolver not at least two shotting Zeds... When they have so small clips... Is totally crap. They are .45 cal ffs!

I guess it is to reduce PvP but since when do you use silenced or pistols against Zeds anyway?

I heard the was magae reductions, and i found on dayz wiki that the lee enfield is 1 hit kill body or head. i Found another website saying the enfield does 12498 now that same website today is telling me it does 6722 http://dayzdb.com/database/lee-enfield

Last night i one shot killed all the way across the airfield (took a full clip to actualy land the shot) and since then i have been ignoring every gun i find, and sticking to the one hit kill enfield.

But after looking up these dmg stats, and hearing about reduction... im thinking i should probably ditch the gun if they nerfed it... not only is it the "dinner bell" but if i go face to face with someone with an AK lets say, even if i get the first hit, im probably gonna get killed... shitty...

Here are the weapon stats, they did Nerf all weapons quite a bit.

http://dayzdb.com/da...apon-comparison

^ This is the new weapon damage, sound stats and what not.

http://dayzdb.com/news/weapon-changes-in-arma2-162 - This a comparison of some weapons with their new damage against they're old. A lot of guns have been nerfed to fuck. It's from an Arma patch.

No idea why they nerfed everything. Fortunately I haven't updated further yet as I can still 1 shot with my M1911, doubt I will update now. Such a disappointment to see this!

^ This is the new weapon damage, sound stats and what not.

http://dayzdb.com/ne...es-in-arma2-162 - This a comparison of some weapons with their new damage against they're old. A lot of guns have been nerfed to fuck. It's from an Arma patch.

No idea why they nerfed everything. Fortunately I haven't updated further yet as I can still 1 shot with my M1911, doubt I will update now. Such a disappointment to see this!

you'll have to update eventually. might as well start getting used to it now