Sign in to follow this  
JayM

Solo play Not Welcome!?!?

After my 2nd day in a row of playing for about 4 hours I'm convienced that it's impossible to play this game solo, so I think I'm just going to join what everyone else does and just PvP all day at electro/cherno.

I have everything except matches every fucking time in this game? Do they exsist? I doubt it, I've been everywhere they could spawn been to grocery stores also. Never find them and my health widdles away until I die.

But if I play with a friend I can get 5 blood bags before I even head out? How fucking easymode is that? 12k HP heal to my 200 canned food that I find few and far between that doesn't really do much. 800 food for cooked me if I find a fucking matches which after 3 days of searching all over the place from south to north I can't seem to find any. I don't even believe matches are in this game. Can't I just rub the sticks together or does the mods think that rubbing sticks is a fucking myth and doesn't really work.

I haven't died today yet, but after widdling away for the 3rd time. I think I'm just done trying to play this game as a survior game, and just play it as a DM game in the citys since that is really the only thing you can do because everything else is so fucking broken and stupid. At least that way I would die in a firefight then slowly getting scratched... Fucking terrible game.

Jaym, you need to learn to be efficient at scavenging that's all. And a bit of luck, as in being in the right place at the right time helps. You can run through the middle of smaller towns, grab what gear you need from the buildings, and run out before the zombies can get you just be wary of players. I only play solo because I don't trust anyone enough to let em roll with me and my RL friends are too cheap to buy the game lol. Also, adopt a shoot on sight policy. When I first started i'd get great gear, and see another survivor and try to type out "friend or foe?" but before I could finish i'd get shot and robbed every time. Trust who you will, but be wary of everyone in this game - you're more likely to get shot AFTER you decide to trust someone than when you first meet them because then they don't risk dying if they shoot you in the back.

I believe you can cook meat on the fire barrels that are all over the major cities. Can I get a confirmation on this?

Weird how you're guy doesn't know how to make a fire unless he has matches, in a military simulator...

DayB survivor:

Can give a blood transfusion, gut animals, fly a helicopter, use any military weapon in the game, knows intermediate level first aid, can stop a sniper bullet with a bandage, has perfect accuracy, can carry a vehicle engine in less space than a gun.

Can't start fire without matches.

So much for realism. =/

Currently at 22 days solo (aside from one night where a friend and I from work made a NW airfield / devils castle run). It's not all that hard to survive solo, you just have to know the map well and make sound decisions. If you are not doing well solo, dont blame the game. Take a serious look at your tactics, choices etc, and try to figure out what YOU are doing wrong. It may be that you are trying to loot in all the wrong places.

At the very least dont declare the game broken when you have only had three lives to learn from. You are the problem. Either fix that problem or don't, but whining about the game is not a solution.

Next are you going to tell me RNG is skill? Lol...

Next are you going to tell me RNG is skill? Lol...

What RNG, the RNG of finding matches? No that's not skill.

Not getting hit until you find them is the skill part

Edited by Slitter

If you can't solo, you will screw your group

wait up...did someone up there say llama..fucking llama ?

• Like 1

Weird how you're guy doesn't know how to make a fire unless he has matches, in a military simulator...

Military simulator =/= military character.

It's never stated anywhere that, in DayZ, our little avatars are former soldiers (and, frankly, 500,000 ex-military types being marooned on a 220 square kilometer island seems a little fishy anyway).

Also, I do agree that matches are retardedly hard to find. That isn't to say that they don't spawn, or that I can't find them - I'm just saying that the amount of effort I have to put forth to find a box of Goddamn matches does not make any sense.

I can confirm oil barrel fires can cook meat, no matches needed for those. And there are about 3-4 of them I think in Cherno alone around the city you can use.

I haven't had to get a blood bag in a week, food has been enough to keep me going. Supermarkets are amazing as well as cows.

Everyone needs to settle down here and not jump down the OPs throat! He is playing for the 3rd time and has played for 4 hours, I think he is quite justified in his frustration with this "Fucking terrible game"! It's obvious that what we need is to start with a zippo, some firewood and a dead cow. I guess it wouldn't hurt if everyone also had 24 slot bags, AS50s and Satchel charges. This game sucks.

Solo is supposed to be hard. That's why people decided to band together and came up with civilization. On the other hand, they didn't do that by walking to randoms and shouting "Friendly???" People only banded together with people they already knew such as friends and extended family and went to war against other tribes.

Matches are easy to find, check marketplaces, I have seen 7 of them tonight in 2 marketplaces.

I've played solo many times, it is harder but definetely possible. Hit up supermarkets/residential for the matches they aren't that hard to find, tbh I find a compass harder to find than matches :/

It's good if its better to work with others because it gives you an incentive to work with others instead of shooting on sight

we are humans. we naturally produce blood we lose, at the cost of buring food quicker (cookies and sugary drinks after giving blood?)

This is what should happen in game, blood should regen, but food/water goes down quicker then if you are not regening blood. Different foods make you fuller for longer/shorter, but none magically give you health,

If I get injured, how does eating a cow heal me? How can I even eat a cow in one sitting?

I hope this get revisited and made more intuitive.

I've played solo many times, it is harder but definetely possible. Hit up supermarkets/residential for the matches they aren't that hard to find, tbh I find a compass harder to find than matches :/

It's good if its better to work with others because it gives you an incentive to work with others instead of shooting on sight

haha, my friend always says the same thing haha.

I just asked him today "Im at the supermarket, need a map, compass or matches?" and he said "Compass of course!!!! Why even ask!"

you shouldnt assume this is a military simulation, just because ArmA is. Also, realism is not as important as the overall game mechanic.

Surviving the apocalypse alone should be significantly harder than in a group - this is working as intended.

Survival chances are slim - you WILL die. Often. More often if you are alone. This is working as intended.

Everything in the game - rarity of useful items, health/hunger mechanics, being ganked by bandits - serves this core idea.

If you are too frustrated with the experienced to enjoy it, this game is probably not for you. By design, it wont appeal to everybody.

But for many people, its this challenge, which makes it so uniquely enjoyable in the first place.

I play the game for two weeks now, still have to find matches. But i met a medic who traded his steaks for my raw meat, as he had some matches.

You can play solo - but your chances of survival may rise if you interact with other. Of course you also may just get shot on sight. This is working as intended. ;)

Yeah I only found matches one time and it was on this guy that I ran over with a tractor. He literally had everything I needed. Food, drink, matches, hatchet, hunting knife, water bottle, weapons, etc. I drove my tractor out into the woods, hunted animals, made camp and then realized that I had beaten the game

I like how the OP is being a dick to all who are trying to solve his 'problem'. Grow some balls and be a man, to me it sounds like you're getting mad because you have been spoon fed so many things. You once you find a box of matches, hatchet, and hunting knife you can start walking. Don't run because that depletes your thirst and hunger faster. Find a goat, pig, bunny, cow, kill it cook it and eat it. Survival is not easy, maybe with friends it isn't as ruff but at least you don't have to share supplies nor do you have to share guns. But if you want to be a mass murder at a major city because the game got to hard for you, go ahead, see how far that gets you. Me on the other hand will have a DMR if anyone comes to close, a can of beans and nothing to share.

It's pretty cool that people like the OP are dedicating their time to death matching in the coastal cities, it adds atmosphere.

you're not having as much fun playing solo as you can have by playing with a group. Oh, and a blood transplant doesn't restart your hunger meter.

If you die of hunger, you are obviously doing something wrong, too. Go deathmatch on the coast, all the low-life end here to kill for the lulz. Maybe after killing one or two unarmed player you'll feel better, bro.

Stupid spoonfed crybaby.