TyRobot

Mass Hacker Ban?

I've been moderating a few streams on Twitch.tv for like the last 4 hours...but, I've had at least 10 random people (...none of which would/could provide a link) claim that there was a massive wave of hackers banned today. I've searched all over the forums, and I haven't found anything. I know quite a few people were having problems (..and thought they were banned) after that magical Steam update, but they just needed to verify the game again via Steam.

I can't seem to find where the Darwin List thread went to either, but if anyone could provide a link, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance...but, I just can't believe these rumors until I see some facts. However, every ounce of my being hopes this is true... ^_^

If this is true...then good job Bohemia and/or BattlEye..kudos to you all.

That's the rumor. There's another thread with a print screen from some scripted haven that people are posting in droves that they are being banned.

• Like 1

That's the rumor. There's another thread with a print screen from some scripted haven that people are posting in droves that they are being banned.

Jesus...if this is true...then excellent news. Thanks for the reply, Disgraced. :)

Arma2+OA=40 bucks Subscription for hack sites=20 bucks, CD-key ban=priceless. though I imagine allot of them will just re-buy new CD-keys which i find funny, people are really willing to just keep spending money to grief people.

Incoming follow-up DDOS wave?

I hope they have the hatches battened down....

Thanks a million...I must have skipped over it. Exactly, what I was looking for...beans for you, good sir! :beans:

Any time. And for the record, I rather like Rocket's naming and shaming of the banned hackers

• Like 1

Yeah, really! I can only imagine the chaos since this game exploded in popularity...working around the clock on patches, hotfixes, hackers, etc.

Arma2+OA=40 bucks Subscription for hack sites=20 bucks, CD-key ban=priceless. though I imagine allot of them will just re-buy new CD-keys which i find funny, people are really willing to just keep spending money to grief people.

They will only need to buy the OA key, as that is the key that gets banned. They can continue using their normal ARMA 2 with DayZ. :-)

Sweet, I recognize some of these names on servers that mass teleporting was done. <3

From my dummy (spy) accounts on some cheats sites.. that seems to be the case (the amount of rage is funny though).

I've got my umbrella up.. dunno what that'll do though.

Edited by ExESGO

If that Darwin list is all that's banned, I hope Battleye gets a patch and cleans up the rest of the skiddies using the current hook.

Good news!

There's always going to be dedicated hackers, but if the detections are frequent enough, then most of the leet kiddies will not last past 2 or 3 CD-Key purchases in my experience.

I'm tipping we have, at best, 2-4 weeks before the hack bypasses are updated.

But hey, on the positive side, that is 2-4 weeks of hacker free (or much much less) gaming :)

2-3 weeks? No, I'm betting a few days at least. A week at most.