Sign in to follow this  
Squeezit

Alt + F4

I hear people talk about using it on Direct channel a bit, and a random group I teamed up with was talking about using it.

I don't intend to use it against other players or anything, but the last time I was on a server with hackers I thought it was a good idea to do after they teleported me and the rest of the server into one spot and killed us all.

So I tried it Alt + F4, but it didn't seem to do anything.

I'm assuming this will disconnect me faster than pressing escape and disconnect, and I'd like to know simply so I can escape from a hacker if I manage to do it fast enough.

Is there something I'm missing?

It ends the most active tab

I just hit disconnect, I can do it pretty quickly.

I meant when I get server hacked, I don't back down in combat~

Edited by Tenebris Draco

Alt + F4 effectively cuts the connection between your computer and the server. Based on latency, it can take a few seconds for the server to recognize you're not there -- meaning you wont see any difference.

Dont use it. It's for fuckheads.

It is considered an exploit, some logitech keyboards you need to turn off the f-lock.

Ah I see, sounds like I'm better off pressing escape and disconnecting anyways, if I can manage to do it fast enough after getting warped.

The last time the entire server got warped, I saw a jeep nearby, managed to run to it while everyone else was confused and getting shot at.

Got in the jeep, drove away, bullet fire all around me, felt like Indiana Jones. Almost escaped but one of them took me out with an RPG or something.

Edited by Squeezit
  • Like 1

Wow, squeezit. That is fucking awesome.

I've only been teleported once. I was gleefully riding through a field on a bike one second, next second I'm in Cherno, there's a survivor standing next to me, and someone starts shooting. I disconnected immediately. When I rejoined, I really hoped I would be reunited with my bike in the field, but no... was killed a few minutes later by a seemingly invisible player (I was able to do a 360 looking for the dude while taking fire.)

• Like 1

I liked your post simply because you put "gleefully riding a bike through a field"

I can only imagine you riding through a field of flowers on a banana seat bicycle :P

only use it when your a victim of a hack attack. otherwise its an exploit and is one of the top game ruining ones at that.

• Like 1

I only ever abort under fire when it's from hackers.. sometimes I stick around too long. Last night we had 2-3 guys ride up to our spot near Balota on a motorbike and a tractor.. our group of 5 managed to take them all down, but we took 2 losses. One was due to friendly fire due to mis-communication.. one got taken down after trying to loot one of the guys bodies.. was weird because he apparently was wearing army uniform (including hard-hat like the military z's), had a alice pack but couldn't access the 'body' inventory. I got shot at was bleeding, so hid behind a tree. Three of us were left when one got disconnected and then had to struggle to get back into a full server, so I just layed there until more friendlies arrived and we could loot the bodies (still not sure if the person who shot at me was still around). The only other guy there got bored and logged off, when I glanced around with free look in third person, saw two guys behind me, one standing one prone, both with army outfits and helmets, one said something that sounded Mandarin then shot me when I turned. Have also spent too long watching a chopper as it crashed into our group (some survived, but the guy jumped out of the wreckage, took 20 shots to the back but then just turned and dispached those that were too slow to abort), and other teleporting antics.

Alt-f4 never works for me, so always escape-abort.

Edited by Frostyvegi