Sign in to follow this  
shemashko

If DayZ wasn't situated in Chernarus

What other map would you want it to be? Fallujah? or hilly takistan for that barren feel? OR maybe a map from your own perverted imagination! Spit our your ideas to your hearts content!

For me I think that Chernarus just needs to add like a big major city and more rocky terrain and some dense jungles.

I want the whole damn PLANET to play on! I mean Chernarus landside is amazing and the ruins of the city too, but id also like to see African/American/Westeuropean/Asian architecture and landsides.

• Like 1

I want the whole damn PLANET to play on! I mean Chernarus landside is amazing and the ruins of the city too, but id also like to see African/American/Westeuropean/Asian architecture and landsides.

Would be awesome to have a MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH BIGGER map!

Something like this? http://outerra.com/wgallery.html :lol:

Edited by jay.pis

Would be awesome to have a MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH BIGGER map!

Anyone in the dev team could make a map @ any size. The question is, does the majority have enough ram to run it?

I'd like to see something with more of a city / jungle type mixture. I guess like the island on Crysis (1st one). Not exactly but that kind of thing, chernarus is good, but yeah, it does get "old" quick. A ruined city would be cool to be able to search (subways / tunnels / alleys / buildings) you could even include a train or something that you can get going . . .

Honestly, Map Size will haft to be balanced with player population as well.

Such as if you have a 255km landscape, and only 100 players are playing on it. Many factors need to be considered such as Loot drops, Crashed heli sites, player engagement frequencies.

In other words, a lot of level design comes into play when you are balancing the number of players in the map, and its size.

I would love a large western urban map... you know, some nice "New York" or "London" analogue. I dont know of any mod makers have made large urban maps. All those buildings would make the game very vertical which would be a snipers paradise.

Anyone in the dev team could make a map @ any size. The question is, does the majority have enough ram to run it?

Not enough ram?...wait what? :P

Greater Milwaukee, Wisconsin. At least a 2000 sq km representation. You've got a city, burbs, farms and industrial areas and it's the 'birthplace' of modern zombies.

• Like 1

A city definitely makes sense, especially with rocket talking about underground bases. Running about in the sewers and underground train tunnels is definitely the way to go in a zombie apocalypse.

• Like 2

Somewhere in Tennessee or anywhere in the Appalachian Mountains.

A map with city only, like New York or Hong Kong or Tokyo - with all enterable buildings (though with some places harder to get to than others, of course). It would be truly three dimensional, with new terrors waiting on every floor.

I would like a big city, with big suburbs.

That a great idea, big ass suburbs with hundreds of houses to hide in :P

For me I think that Chernarus just needs to add like a big major city and more rocky terrain and some dense jungles.

This.

Snowy mountains, a very dense forest or jungle and a large city.

A highway crossing the map would also feel nice, tough for it to fit you would need a much bigger map.

Or what about another map same size as Chernarus but just one big city, all buildings enter-able. :thumbsup:

What would top it off is if they had features from games such as I Am Alive and Assassins Creed where you can climb structures. :D

Edited by jay.pis

A map with city only, like New York or Hong Kong or Tokyo - with all enterable buildings (though with some places harder to get to than others, of course). It would be truly three dimensional, with new terrors waiting on every floor.

No :) needs to lots of surrounding land. If you included the whole state of New York, then yes. City maps have been done to death in games.

Somewhere in a desert actually is something I'd enjoy. With a few large towns that are far from each other. Bonus points if you get dehydrated faster.

City maps have been done to death in games.

Yes, but how many with the same concept and gameplay as DayZ? Having an extra city map doesn't hurt, if you are sick of it then stick to Chernarus.

I'd like to see DayZ on Isla Duala (if you don't know what this map looks like google it).

Basically it is a fictional island between Madagascar and Africa. 4 Airports on the main center Island with a bridge in the north west connecting to a smaller island. Another small island to the north east that is cut off from the main island so you'd need a boat to get there. No buildings are really "enterable" besides a few (hotel in cherno is in one of the cities, along with ATC Towers on airfields) but most have stairs to the top of them with only one way down. This would make running from zombies much harder as you can't just find a large barn to run inside one way and out the other, you'd have to fight your way out and kill any aggroed zombies, make them more deadly.

Pretty barren land with some hills so it'd be sniper paradise though.

http://i53.tinypic.com/993n1s.jpg

Edited by SandMan20