Sign in to follow this  
Newbitect

I beat DayZ!!!

So I just wanted to boast a little bit about my recent encounter!

I was roaming solo, heading to Starry to look for some supplies and a little excitement. I swung north west around Novy, and ran into a downed Huey; AS50 acquired. So far so good!

As I made my way to the northern Deerstand, outside of Starry, I scanned the area; no snipers/riflemen in sight. Collected some basic supplies, and prepared to make my way towards the northern hill overlooking the military tents to scout for players overwatching the area.

As I'm about the leave the treeline near the deerstand, I hear a vehicle coming up from behind me. I prone under a tree, and wait a bit to see if it pops into view. My immediate assumption is that they are going to be heading into Starry for a quick, in-and-out loot run. I hear the vehicle's engine turn off.

I crouch run around the hill between the two deer stands in the area, near the dirt road that terminates north of Starry. As I approach a rock to take cover and scan for the vehicle, I see it! A shiny UAZ!

Until now, the only vehicle I've ever encountered/acquired was a Tractor. I've logged 200+ hours of mostly solo play. I've covered at least 90% of the map, and have been in nearly every scenario. To me, this was my end-game. Steal a vehicle from another player!

As I slowly approach the passenger side of the UAZ, I don't see anyone around. I assume they parked far enough out of Starry, and were going to make a supply run and return. Just as I reach the passenger door to check it out, I hear the sound of someone repairing!! It's now or never!

As I make my way ever so slowly around the front of the vehicle to engage the player, an opportunity presents itself as I hear the sound of refueling! I lean around the driver fender and open fire with my M4a3. Two shots to the chest and a third to the head. Target neutralized.

At this point, my hearts pumping and my hands are shaking slightly. I'm not sure if he had company, but I did know there were players within 1000m (shots heard from Starry while I was at the deer stand). I acted quickly, retrieving the supplies the player had. Coyote Backpack, plently of STANAG mags, NVGs, Rangefinders, GPS, etc etc. I jumped in the vehicle, and bugged-out!

To some, this may be a common occurrence. But as I mentioned, I've played 200+ hours, and this is the first actual vehicle I've had, let alone the first pair of NVGs and Rangefinders! In my mind, until they bring back the Heli, I've beaten DayZ!

To the player I killed (if they read this by chance), it was nothing personal. I do not set out to kill others, but in this circumstance I had to make an exception. I don't intend to keep it forever, as I'm sure the same will happen to me as it did to you!

• Like 6

The end game is to take everything you have worked for and launch a devastating attack on Cherno, annihilating zombies and players alike until you draw your final breath.

A more friendly alternative is to wander the coastal towns and help people, as well.

Lucky all i found so far was a fucking bicycle which i ditched 10 minutes after riding around like a moron.

• Like 1

Heh.

Everyone knows the only way to beat the game is to travel to Gvozdno near the edge of the map and then head straight north until you find the hidden castle. It takes a few days to get there but that truck will cut the time in half.

OP seems like a good guy. He saw an opportunity and took it. Well played.

I wish my heart still pumped and hands shook when I took a life.

All that happens now is my dick-tip moves a little. Ever so slightly.

• Like 3

Me and my group had been playing for over a month and had never had a vehicle until two days ago. Now we have 3. Like most other things in life, it seems once you find one you find more haha.

Edited by Drakezilla

I thought spending the night on Green Mountain was end game?!?!

we must not discuss Green Mountain. :o

Beat DayZ! Have you found a mountain dew?

I can say say that I've held one but haven't drank one.

Oh fuck i did also beat the game and didn't notice it. oO

Thanks OP now i know that i finished the game, well better not play it again.