Sign in to follow this  
KaZuK

Are these guys hacking? (Could be thermal AS50's??)

Stuff like this is happening more and more often :(

If the server you are playing on is not properly secured a cheater (or asshole) can delete the package which contains foliage such as trees and still play on the server. Since hit detection is client side this player would not see trees and would be able to shoot you where a tree would be on your screen.

They didn't cheat, you failed.

Edited by zhrooms

apparently someone else failed at escaping that location as well besides you and your buddie. towards the end before you die, there was a dead person halfway sticking out of the tree 2:08

Stuff like this is happening more and more often :(

Well.

No, he is not cheating =)

1. You suck, suit your self :D

2. Reason he kills you?

Foilage don't spawn if its far away. (<1km atleast) :)

They didn't cheat, you failed.

DayZ requires skill to survive. That's why it's so good.

I wasn't trying to survive, I was just demonstrating how obvious it was they were using something they shouldn't have been. I also don't understand why you're bringing up skill.

The shots that were fired were from the L85A2 AWS. You can tell from the almost hollow sound.

Those were not AS50 shots. Doesn't defeat the fact that they might have been cheating (like most of the people who play :c)

The shots were around 200 meter range, else you wouldn't be able to hear the gun, so the foliage was spawning. It's also possible that they were indeed using thermal (most likely seeing how it's day time) and might've been taking blind shots.

It's silly as to why they would even bother killing unarmed players though, that just show their own lack of 'skill'. Anyone that knows the mechanics of the game realizes that shooting as unarmed survivors is a waste of ammunition, time, and jeopardizes your position.

Edited by Tsyn

Well.

No, he is not cheating =)

1. You suck, suit your self :D

2. Reason he kills you?

Foilage don't spawn if its far away. (<1km atleast) :)

The server had no visibility past 500m because of fog. And you say he, there were at least 3 people with as50s able to shoot over 1000km through 3 different forests through fog that lets you see no more than 500m. I was sat on the hospital roof and I could see all of the tree lines around elektro and they were in none of them.

apparently someone else failed at escaping that location as well besides you and your buddie. towards the end before you die, there was a dead person halfway sticking out of the tree 2:08

There was actually a massive pile of corpses on that hill due to them repeatedly planting satchel charges on 2 dead ghillie snipers with as50s next to their corpses to blow up when someone goes to loot.

Edited by Sokar

The shots that were fired were from the L85A2 AWS. You can tell from the almost hollow sound.

Those were not AS50 shots. Doesn't defeat the fact that they might have been cheating (like most of the people who play :c)

The shots were around 200 meter range, else you wouldn't be able to hear the gun, so the foliage was spawning. It's also possible that they were indeed using thermal (most likely seeing how it's day time) and might've been taking blind shots.

It's silly as to why they would even bother killing unarmed players though, that just show their own lack of 'skill'. Anyone that knows the mechanics of the game realizes that shooting as unarmed survivors is a waste of ammunition, time, and jeopardizes your position.

I've had an l85 about 4 times and i didn't think it was that overpowered to see through the trees that easily. The first shot on me at the top of the hill must have been 450m+ as the guy couldn't have been on the same hill as me and listening to the shot it sounded like the hill opposite, all those trees and that fog doesn't stop the L85!

I'm pretty sure it was a mixture of L85 and as50 fire, considering you couldn't always hear the gun shots from the L85 and to finish it off my death must have come from an as50 because I got one shot without a headshot.

Considering i've come across a lot of cheaters over the last couple of days, it wouldn't surprise me if something dodgy was going on here.

NVM Just found out about the ATOC option they've added into the video options (seems you've been able to disable it for a couple of months, just not through options). Disabling it means trees won't render at distance as much, so those orange trees are pretty much just tree trunks.

OP accuses people of using thermal AS50s and cheating in game. OP records a video to show us this proof. OP forgets to put the proof in the video.

Fail OP.

• Like 2

OP accuses people of using thermal AS50s and cheating in game. OP records a video to show us this proof. OP forgets to put the proof in the video.

Fail OP.

Think you missed the thread title bro. They weren't cheating, just using an exploit instead.

No I didn't misread anything. I'm well aware of what you wrote in the title and in your post. And in watching the video you are complaining about as50s the whole time when that wasn't even the gun you were being shot with. You don't have any proof they were exploiting either, so please stop accusing people of doing such things until you record some actual proof of them doing it.

No I didn't misread anything. I'm well aware of what you wrote in the title and in your post. And in watching the video you are complaining about as50s the whole time when that wasn't even the gun you were being shot with. You don't have any proof they were exploiting either, so please stop accusing people of doing such things until you record some actual proof of them doing it.

stop mad bro, there were 2 as50s shooting at him I was sait listening to them from the hospital roof.