Steven9393

Why does everyone hide in the woods?

Me and my crew search every big city, nw airfield, stary, on a 50 player server for some PvP action. Where the hell is everyone hiding? Do the ultimate survivors play in the woods all day?

And when we get in gun fights we rarely lose. Its like people have no clue how to use tactics against other groups.

It's a big map, mate. Every little crevice, room, and bush holds a player attempting to avoid your 'crew' or otherwise try to survive.

You could self-sustain yourself in the woods for an eternity, albeit it's not fun.

So... Who knows.

Edited by Vanglory
  • Like 1

Try using a warning shot before advancing to give away some of your advantage for a more exciting battle.

Usually if the first man drops at the first few shots panic will reign.

Edited by Donmen

Chernarus is 225KM squared, it is huge for 50 players. They would get roughly 1012km of space to their own if they were spread out, meaning the chances of seeing someone is highly unlikely unless you go into the hot spots. You have to remember people travel north, and through forests and villages so you may not see them until you hit up a hotspot.

Also your comment about people not being tactical, well this is a military simulator, people can't seem to grasp that you can't just hold down and shoot, you have to aim and take pot shots.

• Like 1

When i'm in the woods im either stalking someone or im the sniper for my group making sure nobody comes in while they're looting/give zed locations and such woods are friendly too, me and my buddy found a jeep and a GAZ like 3 miles from each other hope they were anyones :D even though i know they were muahaha

We are not hiding, we are hanging out. Some of us have an air hockey table going and a generator rigged to keep the beer fridge running.

Shame you are not invited.

EDIT: It's because of your face.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 3

Chernarus is 225KM squared, it is huge for 50 players. They would get roughly 1012km of space to their own if they were spread out, meaning the chances of seeing someone is highly unlikely unless you go into the hot spots. You have to remember people travel north, and through forests and villages so you may not see them until you hit up a hotspot.

Also your comment about people not being tactical, well this is a military simulator, people can't seem to grasp that you can't just hold down and shoot, you have to aim and take pot shots.

This !!!! +1 :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Not everyone wants to run and PvP all day long. Then there are the campers waiting for someone to come into their killzone. If they see a group they'll probably just watch and not fire. Have fun!

cod has brought ppl to actually think akimbo weapons would be realistic, made them think one could reload a Barret Sniper Rifle that weighs 20+kg while holding it with one hand up in the air and still walk while that, has made them think bullets weren't affected by gravity.

And i'm pretty sure the majority of dayZ players has either played no FPS at all, or only CoD.

And then they are like "WTF my AK 74 has so much recoil and doesnt shoot exactly where I aim omfg has to be bug ok I'll keep pulling the trigger as that recoil has to be a graphics bug and this is a military simulator I come from CoD I know whats realistic - OMFG why I'm unconscious one always survives one headshot from non snipers without problems! Ah, this game is so unrealistic! *ragequit*"

• Like 1