Sign in to follow this  
Femme Fatale

Full auto toggle?

I recently found a AK-74 and can't seem to find a way to toggle burst fire off ...rather fire one round at a time if possible since I have no idea when I might find more ammo.

Checked the key bindings (and searched this forum) and might be blind but did not see a option to toggle full auto off or on?

Isn't it F?

Ironic, considering your forum name.

Edited by Disgraced

its f by default but you can change your controls by pressing escape and going to one of the menus (I forget which one, probably not audio)

Oh I thought F swapped something else ..recall it switching between light types, did not think to even try it for ammo toggle thank you very much for the info!

*Facepalm*

I would rather ask and appear stupid then never ask and remain uninformed.

• Like 1

Oh I thought F swapped something else ..recall it switching between light types, did not think to even try it for ammo toggle thank you very much for the info!

Yeah it's kind of oddly multipurposed. It's for any throwing things.... And switching weapon modes when the weapon is selected.

My first day playing, I got mauled while frantically throwing flares at a zombie attacking me.

The other thing is when you switch weapons and switch back, it will reset back to the default, so watch for that.

Yea to change bindings it is, escape then gameplay controls then key bindings then find what you want to switch out.

I thought he was face palming about everyone falling over themselves to respond. Or that appearance, at least.

• Like 1

Yeah it's kind of oddly multipurposed. It's for any throwing things.... And switching weapon modes when the weapon is selected.

My first day playing, I got mauled while frantically throwing flares at a zombie attacking me.

The other thing is when you switch weapons and switch back, it will reset back to the default, so watch for that.

Yes lol I was throwing those glow sticks and other things all over the place...my way of saying hey look here is a "noob" shoot me please! :)

Edited by Femme Fatale

It also likes to go back to "auto" even though I keep telling it "semi" <_<. It seems to be tied to opening your bag and it resetting it sometimes/all the time, so keep an eye on what it says if you don't want to use auto.

I just find it funny how 3 idiots can't read the first comment.

I thought he was face palming about everyone falling over themselves to respond. Or that appearance, at least.

Isn't that what we all do when a woman shows up on the forums and/or games?

But, in all seriousness, F. You'd think it would have it's separate key, wouldn't you?

Edited by Orphen

Yeah, that's kinda annoying. Would be awesome if there's a way within Arma2 to surpress that re-defaulting. A frickin' switch doesn't change it's possition just because I changed weapons :)

You can toggle your firing mode with F, it'll say on the top right with your gun and ammo information. Could be semi, burst, auto, etc.