sxcblood

where the duck am i

i'm fucking lost, i've been running for 3hours now and i cannot even comprehend where the fuck i am or where im suppose to go, i'm out of beans and soda if i don't find a town soon i'm fucked

TL;DR what the actual fuck

since i cannot seem to make screencaps, i see tree's, a bigass hill and across the hill there's just more hills and no more tree's

• Like 3

Log out and then log back in, on the right hand side it tells you where you are, then look it up on a map online.

Thats what I have been doing when Ive not had a map.

my screen is to blurry to read any text, im followingthe sun so i think im going west, also where is the map of this game?

I cant really help to much with out knowing your location.

Dont go to the grassy nothing land. Head back away from that (opposite direction) and start looking for any roads ,power lines in the distance. If you find any road or power line follow them to the town they lead to,there you can find food and water.

ive been trying to find anything i can follow for abouth 3hours now, i havent seen a town or anything other than tree's for the past time

if you'll explain how to make a screencap ill be glad to send you one, all it do's right now is screenshot my desktop

Edited by unknownuser

http://dayzdb.com/map is one of the most popular.

Run away from the hill with no trees, if theres no trees anywhere around there and you can see a line on the ground where the long grass stops growing, your at the edge of the map. Not the edge of the game, that barren no-mans land where theres only animals every so often goes on for quite a while, but if you can see trees thats a good start.

If you have a watch, early in the day the sun is eastish, later and it should be westish. At night try to find the big dipper/great bear/the plough constelation in the sky, the short end of the rectangle away from the long part should point up towards the very bright Polaris, the north star.

Up shit creek.

You can also get a bearing off the clouds, they move west to east, so head south and look for power lines or roads. If your screen is too blurry to read the starting text, you probably have to change your 3D settings to match your normal settings. That or you just took a crap ton of damage, in which case I would just call it quits for this character.

• Like 1

if you dont have much in terms of supplies, you are probably better off respawning fresh near a major city or somewhere north like three valleys to get your shit together. Go on a night server and find polaris if you have valuables and go south east otherwise. Good luck

this is what i see, its all i see everywhere,

also, i dont know what direction i came from, should i be runing away from the sun or towards

DOtON.jpg

this is what i see, its all i see everywhere,

also, i dont know what direction i came from, should i be runing away from the sun or towards

DOtON.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK

rule 1: The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. Figure out if its morning or evening. Now you know basic direction.

Rule 2: When you first start, look to see where you are at. Middle line of text. General location.

Rule 3: Contour lines. Show elevation. Closer together, steeper slope.

Rule 4: Follow Dayzmap.info for rule 3

Thats like me saying, hey im in a giant field. What state am I in?

• Like 1

i drink finkbrau too. lol

none said you can be in debug forest. if you spawn there you can just hit respawn, and MAYBE you'll respawn on the coast with your actual character. if not you are condamned to a new start.

I agree with everyone who says respawn, if you are that far away and you have nothing left just get back to the coast. When you are running, run east it is better to over that side when you are new without a map.

i have no idea what side east is, is it left or right of the sun? server seems to be somewhere around noonish

i dont wana lose my enfield, it was a pain in the ass running around with zombies chasing me endlessly and no way to shoot them

Edited by unknownuser

Better off just respawning

i'm fucking lost, i've been running for 3hours now and i cannot even comprehend where the fuck i am or where im suppose to go, i'm out of beans and soda if i don't find a town soon i'm fucked

TL;DR what the actual fuck

since i cannot seem to make screencaps, i see tree's, a bigass hill and across the hill there's just more hills and no more tree's

You are not suppose to do anything. Lay down and die. Repeat.

This is an antiGame which means you are fucked if you try to play it like a real game/simulation.

Yeah you probably saw the videos on youtube and thought wow that looks fking awesome. Imma give it a try.

Reality Check - you are the newest member of the sweaty balls teabag club if you servive you just might make it to the Elitist circle jerk salad toss comitte.

Have my beans, they are fucked.

Enjoy.

Unknownuser, is it possible that your screen isn't blurry, it's your eyes? Put down the bottle, man! Just kidding. :) You've done exactly what I was doing earlier today but I turned round and died in a building, near a road. So take all advice with a pinch of salt because nothing ever works perfectly. Don't run along side a road, people and zombies will kill you. Keep hidden among the tree edge and follow roads. I'd say water, food and a weapon are top priorites. In that order. Binoculars and a map would be great but they are few and far between. Good luck. :)

looks like you are far east on the boarder of the map, respawn close to areas you know..or the big cities lol

3 hours is alot of time to just run in one direction :) in 3 hours I could have 3 separate characters with decent enough gear @_@ if you're not gonna respawn, run back and look for roads Etc like others have said! Good luck, also nice pic, Can city! I use Fraps for my Arma screens. The free version works, but only give BMPs. I use Irfanview to convert them to jpegs. looks like this

iXee74WbKs51d.jpg

Edited by internetTAB