iGolden

Am I the only bandit who feels guilty when he kills someone?

Title says it all. Whenever I play, I shoot on sight, it's too risky in this world.

But when I do shoot someone, I feel extremely guilty, maybe they were just searching through garbage for food so they don't starve to death...

Think of it this way. If you didn't kill him, he would have killed you.

How do you know that?

Think of it this way. If you didn't kill him, he would have killed you.

Exactly...would you rather feel guilt, or warm blood oozing from your gut? :|

I don't kill unarmed people, they aren't a threat

Edited by iGolden
  • Like 7

no, then again i kind of turn into a psycho when i play this game. if ever a zombie apocalypse hits, people better stay away from me, i might turn into a psycho

• Like 3

I think the majority of players turn into bandits the longer they play due to always being killed, it's what happened with me, i don't kill for fun, only if i'm spotted or someone with a decent weapon spots me, but nope, don't feel guilty, for every kill i tend to die a few times

• Like 1

This shit is getting old. It's a video game. If you feel guilty for killing somebody in a video game, you are either A, a power puff girl; B, too attached to the game; or C, in need of psychological help. There are therapists that can help.

Of course, you could also be a faggot looking for replies and "beans".

• Like 1

This shit is getting old. It's a video game. If you feel guilty for killing somebody in a video game, you are either A, a power puff girl; B, too attached to the game; or C, in need of psychological help. There are therapists that can help.

i agree, although numbers aren't ever letters and there's no reason to be a dbag.

• Like 1

I was just meeting up with my friend...walking in the trees looking for a good tent spot so we can call the server home, just grabbed the wookie suit out of his bag that he found me..when out of no where he shouts "GET DOWN" I go prone quicker then i ever have, heart already pounding because i just got a DMR and now a Ghille suit. There is some guy running through the trees and goes right to where we were a few minutes ago... and stands there.

I'm scared out of my mind... constantly looking at his face through my scope...his soulless eyes looking right back at my friend and I. Luckily he didnt see us thanks to the suits and pine trees.

He stood there, made a campfire and cooked some meat, then continued to scout the area... running to our right, then back on to your left, going through the trees right next to us once. Then he stops in the middle of a field, pulls out an AKM makes a quick sweep, then pulls out his M9SD.... looking right at me again (not pointing his gun just looking my way)

My friend and i were so scared that we would get caught and we had no doubt that he would kill us just for having the wookie suits.... so i ask him what to do... and we both agreed that for our safety and for the brand new tent's safety that i should take the shot

He was running around our area for a good 10 minutes and almost the whole time i had my scope on his little face, BANG! ..i pulled the trigger...and... it kind of felt releasing, no tension anymore that we were going to die..but it felt wrong, I now have a murder that wasnt an ally that accidentally shot.

His 3 guns did make a great addition to our empty tent, he also had some medical loot and food that helped out a bit...ohh and wen we went to his body there was a heli crash just over the hill that we could see... sooo turned out good i guess? got rewarded for taking him out.... Just sharing the first actual murder on my part

so i felt guilty but good at the same time

• Like 1

Its the food chain in action....

Bandit kills survivor and eats survivors beans and takes his stuff

Zeds eat survivor

Nothing goes to waste! Very efficient IMO ;-)

Edited by Darkseed

I've just started taking out other human players and only killed seven so far.

Didn't feel bad about the first group of three because they all had decent equipment and made some really stupid mistakes (like stopping on the edge of a massive field right next to Stary to talk for several mintues).

Did feel a bit guilty about the second group though, they all had only average equipment and didn't really stand a chance. Plus they didn't really make any mistakes except getting trapped in a construction site.

I'm C :P

Its the food chain in action....

Bandit kills survivor and eats survivors beans and takes his stuff

Zeds eat survivor

Nothing goes to waste! Very efficient IMO ;-)

Do suppliers count as survivors, even if they supplied bandits on purpose?

I'm not like you. I shot and killed some little 7 year old while he was being chased by about 5 zombies. He said don't shoot I'm friendly! I then unloaded on him with my akm at the time with my friend nearby. He ended up having some nice loot like a lovely alice pack for my friend. I remember his name still it was David.

KOS, no regrets. It is a game, and PvP is an integral part of it.

Although, if I'm not actively hunting, I do make an exception for people who go out of their way to show they could have killed me with impunity. Happens rarely. Once I was thrown with a flare as a warning. Didn't engage but instead asked for a transfusion. All went well and they got 2 blood packs out of the deal. This kind of stuff works down south, sometimes, but after you trek a few kilometers up north its Go Time.

or you can walk away seeing as how he did not see you.

• Like 1

The only reason you feel guilty, is because you haven't been killed by these random encounters enough. Once you die enough times to people you thought may have been friendly, you stop caring because you recognize that you value the time you invested more than the time they invested.

Why feel guilty? lol who cares if you killed them. Take their look and move on to another. And another. And another. See where im going with this?

No, a slight twinge at first but no. 3 point to illustrate my thought processes:

1. If you are unarmed, i wont touch you

2. I kill for food and ammo, going into cities is risky, i will wait outside these cities and snipe you from a treeline. I am surviving just like you

3. Kind of joined with point 1, if i see you running around with a sniper rifle for example, im not going to ask if you're friendly, i don't want to have you running amok knowing you could pop my head off when i take my eyes off you.

Edit - Spelling and punctuation

Edited by Komotez