Sign in to follow this  
Zike

Server US 216 - Admin Abuse

Greetings,

The admin for server US 216 teleported all players on the server to one location and gunned them all down. Was surviving for over a week now and doing good, so it kind of pains me to go out because Admins abuse their servers. I'll work to get back everything I lost, but I hope more actions in the future are put in place to protect players from abusive admins.

Thanks

Zike

^^^ This is starting to Piss me off. Mate, thousands of people keep posting this. Try searching the forums.

SERVER ADMINS DO NOT HAVE THE POWER TO TELEPORT OR SPAWN GEAR VEHICLES.

It would have been a hacker/scripter.

• Like 1

^^^ This is starting to Piss me off. Mate, thousands of people keep posting this. Try searching the forums.

SERVER ADMINS DO NOT HAVE THE POWER TO TELEPORT OR SPAWN GEAR VEHICLES.

It would have been a hacker/scripter.

Calm down bro.. go outside.. get some air.. I would hate for anyone to kill over and die simply because I posted on a common topic :) Go play the game or something and stop fussing over posts you claim to care not to read!

I have not see any evidence that a hacker is responsible yet, just people relating the situation to a hacker. I tend to focus more on admin related controls. If I'm wrong then I'll learn.

Not admin abuse. It pains me that admins always get blamed for what hackers do.

Edited by Zoop

Not admin abuse. It pains me that admins always get blamed for what hackers do.

If admins are not responsible, then provide an alternative explanation. Try to be more technical please :)

If admins are not responsible, then provide an alternative explanation. Try to be more technical please :)

My friend was [bBB]Jack im not sure if you saw him but there was like 2 choppers he said fully repaired and a sniper on the hill everyone in one area correct?

My friend was [bBB]Jack im not sure if you saw him but there was like 2 choppers he said fully repaired and a sniper on the hill everyone in one area correct?

I didn't get a clear view of the area, I tried to exit out, but was killed off within a couple seconds.

Zike where did everyone get teleported? A lot of the times it seems like it's in the same area

Everyone was teleported off the map. There was maybe 10 player(maybe more) right on top of each other and something in the distance gunning us all down. I didn't get a change to make much out because I was killed off so fast. I tried to log out.. :(

Admins do not have the tools to teleport. At all.

Everyone was teleported off the map. There was maybe 10 player(maybe more) right on top of each other and something in the distance gunning us all down. I didn't get a change to make much out because I was killed off so fast. I tried to log out.. :(

Admins. Have. Very. Little. Control. Especially. Nothing. Even. Close. To. Something. Like. This. Obviously. A. Hacker.

Admins. Have. Very. Little. Control. Especially. Nothing. Even. Close. To. Something. Like. This. Obviously. A. Hacker.

I'm not certain I follow how a hacker would gain this type of access. They would almost have to get root access to the server or at least admin or superuser access to the dayz server and files. We are not talking about walk hacks, aim bots, etc, we are talking about a script that modifies the entire server rule set. In this case, it appears to have been staged with one or two players set to gun down everyone at one time.

Again, I can certainly understand hacks that modify the game client, perhaps to see through walls, allow players to warp, etc. This type of alleged hack modified the locations of players on the server while in active game play.

I'm open to a more technical explanation, but will continue to stick with admin abuse until proved otherwise. Even server security is the responsibility of the server admin.

You're talking to someone who has been administrating a server (ZA1) for two and a half months now. If I tell you we don't have any tools to teleport players around, why won't you believe me?

Here, read this. http://dayzmod.com/f...u-need-to-know/

As for server security being the admin's concern, have you ever run an ArmA 2 server? If you had, you'd realise just how shitty the tools provided to admins are. Do you think we let hackers roam free because we want to? No. It's because detecting hackers using the limited tools we have at our disposal is often not only incredibly difficult, but usually just about impossible.

Edited by Zoop

I can back this up happen to my friend we where in a skype call... US 216 is my home server and the admins on the server are VERY abusive.

The admins? There is only one admin and he isn't abusive and it was a hacker who go banned.

I can back this up happen to my friend we where in a skype call... US 216 is my home server and the admins on the server are VERY abusive.

You are a VERY abusive player, you know that? You come here and publicly throw shit on someone without any proof. On someone, that is paying so that YOU can play this game.

Again, I can certainly understand hacks that modify the game client, perhaps to see through walls, allow players to warp, etc. This type of alleged hack modified the locations of players on the server while in active game play.

I'm open to a more technical explanation, but will continue to stick with admin abuse until proved otherwise. Even server security is the responsibility of the server admin.

Just trust others, ok? Then go read and learn. Its not the admins fault. In fact, he and other server hosters are to thank so that we, the random players, can play. You think a mod team, that gives out their mod for FREE, could afford the +10 000 server currently in use? I think they could afford maybe 10-100 server and thats about 4000 player slots. Where would the +850000 other players play? Be thankfull and stop with the lame accusations without ANY proof.

No, im not a server owner. Just a regular player that have had enough of there accusations. This kind of shit harms the community. Theres so much accusations against other players and even more on the admins and most of it is false. Im afraid that the valuable reports with proof etc will sink in the shit this forum is filled with. This kind of posts are made daily.

I do apologize if I did not have time to try and make a video or take a screen shot in the two seconds I was killed off. I was attempting to abort of log out before being killed. Having more evidence does help an argument, but it does not necessarily mean a crime did not occur. My friend and I both got steam-rolled by this alleged exploit. I'm not simply posting here to troll.

Time next this event occurs I'll be ready, but oddly, this was the first time I had experienced this and I have been playing for maybe two months or so. As a person who has administrated many game servers over the years, I've seen my share of hacks, cheats, compromises, etc, but never seen too many exploits that gives a hacker this kind of power without gaining some type of super user or root access to the server.

I've haven't come to these forums much until now, but I've done more reading on the issue and I do agree with most of the people posting in this post and other posts, that this issue is an exploit beyond the control of the server admin. I have no idea how they are doing this, but I've changed my mind as far as focusing on the admin. However, there have been some posts I read up on with admins exploiting their own servers.

I only hope these huge security holes are closed and closed quickly. The game is still Alpha, so I set my expectations based on that, nothing more.

• Like 1

but I've changed my mind as far as focusing on the admin. However, there have been some posts I read up on with admins exploiting their own servers.

There are many people that host their own servers simply for the fact that they just want to kick people off that kill them or call them names. Because power gets them off.

And yes some admins may very well be scripters/hackers and theres not a squat load the Admins who are trying to provide a clean fair place to play can do.

this was the first time I had experienced this and I have been playing for maybe two months or so.

I've only been played maybe 1.5 months. 1 month in I hired a server (got addicted) And during that time i've only witnessed the teleport to a spot and get shot 3 times,All within 40 mins of each other on my server (closed it down for an hour or two so the prats got bored waiting for it to come back up)

So in my not so long a playing period, and from monitoring the forums, The incidents seemed to have increased tenfold in the last week.

Sorry for my first post, I was just annoyed. lol

Frankie

Alright well I'm an admin of us 216 and the powers admins have are: ban, kick, restart server, lock the server, and talk in global. We can't teleport players or spawn in items, vehicles, or buildings you got teleported to the thunderdome. Which is a pvp area where every gun in the game spawns and helis. Please stop saying admins can do this because they cannot, I have been trying to ban the hackers but when people like you post these stupid threads it wastes my time and everyone elses.