Gestures

I'll go right at explaining my idea, there should be gestures.

Like, in the com ... uh ... thing, with the spacebar menu.

Here's the idea: you open the gesture menu, and you choose your gesture quickly with 1, 2, 3 ... etc or scrolling with the mouse, an usual Arma II like menu.

The idea is, in order to keep it realistic, people who usually take the time to type "friendly" when they encounter someone (and usually get shot - I see a lot of people who just wait too much time and I have to kill them) so, this way, you encouter some guy, and you can do a gesture that means "Friendly" or "don't shoot".

.... Of course you can still kill them if they do that kind of gestures and they still can be lying x) But that would be a way to make thing less arwkard sometimes, I guess.

This would be awesome. Also, a "Surrender!" and "I Surrender" gesture, for muggins or captives.

I like this idea. Maybe macro it with a direct chat text that says "Hi" or something with the gesture of raising an open hand like waving. For tactical use there are several more that could be handy as well but the biggest hurdle would likely be the extra animations that would be needed.

This would be awesome. Also' date=' a "Surrender!" and "I Surrender" gesture, for muggins or captives.

[/quote']

There is another one! Macro with direct chat text and automatically dropping the weapon in hand.

I think there are animations such as waving arms, or surrendering already integrated in Arma II, it would be awesome to be able to use them.

Check your options. You can salute, sit down (not crouching - casually) and surrender already.

There is however a bug with the surrender option. If you do so, you will put your hands behind your neck, but immediately switch back to fighting stance. This can result in others thinking of being fooled, shooting in return even when killing was not their intention in the first palce. This one needs a fix!

However, saluting works fine for the purpose already.

I like this idea. Maybe macro it with a direct chat text that says "Hi" or something with the gesture of raising an open hand like waving. For tactical use there are several more that could be handy as well but the biggest hurdle would likely be the extra animations that would be needed.

This would be awesome. Also' date=' a "Surrender!" and "I Surrender" gesture, for muggins or captives.

[/quote']

There is another one! Macro with direct chat text and automatically dropping the weapon in hand.

All this. Agreed, +1

bandits are those who shoot first they won't shout "surrender" they just shoot you... (in the back most of the time, or dc after it...).

there is all kind of people playing dayz... and even those who wanted to play as "human" and don't kill humans can't , because everyone kills everyone...

and all those scared players who "shoot on sight" even if you spotted them minutes ago and didn't killed them, they will kill you...when they finally see you :\

also if you playing for a long time, you found all the cars and put them outside the map found m107 etc. zombies won't be interesting anymore.

/Hi = Wave

/Stop = Make a fist

/Pnt = Point a direction you are looking at

/Sur = Goes on knees with hands on head

/others

i also agree with this idea. communicating from a distance is near impossible without global chat.

we need a wave gesture, and then a "hey over here" gesture (waving both arms over head).