Sign in to follow this  
daish

"Player Killed by Player" msg

Hackers are getting to be a big problem

is there a way to enable Name killed by Name msg's so if there is a hacker teleporting around killing people its less likely he will get away with it

• Like 9

would be nice

Yeah, it would be.

But, it would also create problems with snipers on servers with nameplates. IE: You hear a shot, and you see "a_casual_banana killed Josh" or something, and then you decide to do a quick roof scan, and your crosshairs pick me up on a roof. You would know where I was, and you wouldn't have checked if you hadn't seen the message.

I´ve missed that function in DayZ aswell.

(I wonder how long it will take until the "This will punish bandits" argument are used in this thread...)

Edited by ProPain

It would be good but it does ruin the realism as banana was saying.

The juggle up of "is he good or bad?" goes

It would be good but it does ruin the realism as banana was saying.

The juggle up of "is he good or bad?" goes

hacks also ruin the realism this just happend right then after this post was made

http://youtu.be/4R83wSJjESU

being killed would not be so bad if the kill msg could help ban the fucking trash who killed you with hacks

I haven't experienced a hacker yet (fortunately), but should the few ruin it for the most by adding this? How often does hacking occur for you that it needs to be implemented? As this mod is still in Alpha it's worth trying out, fingers crossed it squashes your hacking problem if put in

I haven't experienced a hacker yet (fortunately), but should the few ruin it for the most by adding this? How often does hacking occur for you that it needs to be implemented? As this mod is still in Alpha it's worth trying out, fingers crossed it squashes your hacking problem if put in

I agree, although the measures taken against hackers now have gotten rid of most of them. The mod is still in alpha but hopefully when it goes standalone hackers wont be a problem like this. If only they could prevent people from using scripts on live servers. Even if they have a bypass it shouldn't be possible to nuke an entire server etc. We just have to endure this alpha stage until the game is actually done. So to answer OPs question I don't think this should be implemented as a measure against hackers. I like the thing where you check the corpse to see who killed him and why, they should fix it up a bit more though.

Edited by Inzann

im attacked / killed by hackers 2-4 times a day

this happend today as well a hacker setup 20 bear traps then teleported all the players in the server to that location right before a server shut down

so when the server came back up he could kill players as they logged in

http://youtu.be/UZ1JEQit4tE

I agree, although the measures taken against hackers now have gotten rid of most of them. The mod is still in alpha but hopefully when it goes standalone hackers wont be a problem like this.

I don't mean to be rude but.... are you on crack? Most of the hackers have been gotten rid of? The massive number of server nukes, player teleports, players being turned into animals, npc's spawned in, non-legit weapons, heli's flying around servers (when they are currently disabled), cities being set on fire, battleships being dropped from the air, ect seem to say otherwise. And secondly hackers will always be a problem even in a standalone version, this is obvious because hackers are ALWAYS a problem in multiplayer games, especially FPS's.

Personally I would like the "X killed by Y" messages. It doesn't hurt bandits or pvp at all, but can help you identify people who abort out after you kill them to make their bodies disappear.

But, it would also create problems with snipers on servers with nameplates. IE: You hear a shot, and you see "a_casual_banana killed Josh" or something, and then you decide to do a quick roof scan, and your crosshairs pick me up on a roof. You would know where I was, and you wouldn't have checked if you hadn't seen the message.

This is a problem with nameplates not a server message saying you killed someone. Besides, if this person is close enough to see your nameplate then they heard your rifle firing and will be scanning anyway.

I agree, and bring back the Side channel so I can troll the unarmed survivors I kill.

To keep it as realistic as possible, they should remove all kill messages.

EDIT: stupid phone made me double post... Well lets add something herez because i can't delete this it seems.

Who killed who, by what and where should be logged on servers logs, where admins can verify accusations of hacking.

There could be even some tool that highlights suspicious action, like far away kills done by same player.

Edited by Testoman

I posted a suggestion about a Killcam. I realized a killcam is a stupid idea. This WOULD solve some of my concerns that lead up to me suggesting a killcam.

But, even this would be unrealistic, wouldn't it? But, it DOES show when some people die so shouldn't that be removed to make it more real?

Suggestion threads being made in the general section are getting to be a big problem

is there a way to have a section devoted to suggestions so if there is a suggestion its more likely it will get taken seriously and not clog up the general section?

Oh wait.

Yeah, it would be.

i dont play on server with nameplates, its stupid

There's no way you could implement a kill cam with the Arma engine.

You provided nothing just now.

To keep it as realistic as possible, they should remove all kill messages.

you sound like a hacker

Suggestion threads being made in the general section are getting to be a big problem

is there a way to have a section devoted to suggestions so if there is a suggestion its more likely it will get taken seriously and not clog up the general section?

Oh wait.

i think ive seen Player killed by Player msg in a server before this is more of a thread asking if anyone knows how to enable it then a suggestion

its required to help combat hackers there is no way around it unless you enjoy hackers running free on your server

Dont bring it up on screen but if you want to know who killed you, you should be able to just look in the dev console. Simple. How are you supposed to get revenge on bandits if you dont know what the F just happened! lol

How about, player killed by [unique identity number]

That way, players in-game can not see who killed who, but if someone is mass killing everyone, or spawning helis etc. That unique identifier can be submitted and the player dealt with.

• Like 2

How about, player killed by [unique identity number]

That way, players in-game can not see who killed who, but if someone is mass killing everyone, or spawning helis etc. That unique identifier can be submitted and the player dealt with.

out of all the ideas this is by far the best..

i think ive seen Player killed by Player msg in a server before this is more of a thread asking if anyone knows how to enable it then a suggestion

its required to help combat hackers there is no way around it unless you enjoy hackers running free on your server

He's asking for an addition/change so it should be there. The amount of suggestion threads in the general section is ridiculous.

I'm in favor of the XXX was killed by XXX msgs.

Our server used to have them and I miss them. There is no downside to it as far as I can see.

It helps combat cheaters and we know who they are.

It prevents players from making admin abuse threads when they see it wasn't the admin who killed them.

It helps admins to have players being able to identify cheaters and report them.

It would prevent accusations of server hopping and ghosting when you realise that there was more than one player(s) in the firefight.

It would prevent players from submitting bug reports because they died crawling under a tree, when in reality, they were sniped and never heard the bullet.

At the moment, other than screenshots and/or process of elimination, cheaters are being given free rein to do or kill anything they want.

• Like 1