samirocks123

FIX FOR BEING KICKED!!!!

Step 1: Close steam, and launch it again as Adminstrator.

Step 2: Right click on Arma 2 in your steam library, then click on Properties, after that click on the Local Files tab, the click Verify integrity of game cache. Then wait for that to finish - CHECK

Step 3: Repeat Step 2 but instead of Arma 2 Verify the Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead. -CHECK

Edit: Step 4: After you have gotten that done, launch Arma 2, close it, then launch AO, then close it. -CHECK

Step 5: Now launch Sixlauncher or whatever you use, and you should be able to connect! - NEGATIVE, still getting kicked from server.

iany other Ideas?

Another confirmed working fix over here. Good find! Thank you very much! :beans: :beans: :beans:

Worked like a charm. Now I can get back to the massacre after hours of resolving this.

Not working for me, validated both Arma and OA. Both were missing 2 files which steam downloaded.. updated to newest patch, made sure dayZ commander was up to date. Still getting kicked from servers once I get to the server menu

(edit) forgot to add that I did run both games after validating.... :D

Edited by slightlyalex

Not working for me, validated both Arma and OA. Both were missing 2 files which steam downloaded.. updated to newest patch, made sure dayZ commander was up to date. Still getting kicked from servers once I get to the server menu

Follow the instructions more carefully.

You have to launch each of them first to allow steam to perform its first time setup

Step 1: Close steam, and launch it again as Adminstrator.

Step 2: Right click on Arma 2 in your steam library, then click on Properties, after that click on the Local Files tab, the click Verify integrity of game cache. Then wait for that to finish - CHECK

Step 3: Repeat Step 2 but instead of Arma 2 Verify the Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead. -CHECK

Edit: Step 4: After you have gotten that done, launch Arma 2, close it, then launch AO, then close it. -CHECK

Step 5: Now launch Sixlauncher or whatever you use, and you should be able to connect! - NEGATIVE, still getting kicked from server.

iany other Ideas?

Im sorry, i sadly do not, but i can almost GUARNTEE Rocket will have his own fix of somesort withen the next couple days.

Tried those steps and it worked for me as well, Steam had to grab about 100 megs to repair the cache.

Thanks alot bud!

CONFIRMED: Worked for me.

WORKS!! Thanks man your a life saver!

Does anybody know if this will allow us to finally play the original game as well?

You can always play the original game...but you have to unload the Dayz mod first....

will I lose my character?

Character is saved on the Hive...no...you wont loose your character....

All this pointless hassle because people are so hung up on using SixLauncher to play this game. It's as though ten people said SixLauncher is the only way to go when playing this game and then it spread like a virus and people now assume you have to use it otherwise you will run in to problems.

Follow the instructions on the DayZ Wiki site and complete the manual installation of the game. Then once that is done create the shortcut on your desktop from the command prompt that it instructs you to. Rename it DAYZ. That's it. You're done. You never have to deal with SixLauncher again.

I have Steam as well. Went through the two updates yesterday. Double clicked my shortcut and was in game with no issue. You people are making this a lot more difficult than it has to be.

Trying it now, cant believe this many people are having the same issue.

I also am shocked i was missing 20+ files, for whatever reason. I dont understand how files just vanish like that.

Everytime I validate it says 1 file failed to validate for both Arma and OA, is anyone else having this problem?