daze23

Arma update nerfed revolver?

1. I wasn't being entirely serious. I thought this would be fairly clear from the mildly stupid comment about growing women and being more attractive to beards.

2. I proposed a temporary solution to the issue, which I can presume is known about by the various devs, judging by the legion of people chanting "MY GUN IS BROKEN" in unison.

Sorry, it seems to be the usual answer given to a lot of bugs in the game. I.e. "don't do that!", that's why it ticked me off.

The last beta and the 1.62 patch are exactly the same and cross-compatible.

I wrote about it here

does the beta patch include the new video options?

Not sure if this was just a coincidence, but I shot a player point blank in the chest with a Lee Enfield on a veteran server, It didn't kill him but did knock him unconcious, I had to shoot him again to kill the guy.

does the beta patch include the new video options?

"[93897] New: AToC & PPAA added into UI video options "

Looks like it, that was from the notes for 95310

Edited by DayZPvP.com

I never manually updated the to 1.62, only with the 95248 patch from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/ and I have this problem. Does someone who manually updated to 1.62 have it as well?

Yeah, i manually updated to 1.62.94### (don't quite remember) and i used beta patches up till 95248. It takes me 2 shots with revolver and 3 with M1911 (except headshots), and i told my friends about it and they told me I was probably missing. I was sure i hit them because i heard them groaning and saw the blood come out as well. Then they mocked my game installation lol. But anyways, all of them are getting 1hit kills on zombies with their .45ACP guns, so im not entirely sure why mine is messed up. :/

I installed with steam about two weeks ago and it's always been two shots with an m1911 or so I've thought. Maybe I've been wasting an extra round every time.

Anyway, can't wait to get home from work to test this out...

I have found the makarov even weaker now. It used to take a few shots, now it feels like i have to empty a mag in a zombie. Perhaps im mistaking?

Ive been playing with my friend and both mine revolver as well as his M911 were not working on zombies, I found myself in position that after firing 4 times at zombies I started killing them with my rifle hence 4 hits didnt take zombie down which is totaly retarded.

Now we cant play since we dont want to waste rifle ammo on zombies, we would need to find some different pistols in order to play normally... Could we get at least some official answer about what is happening and why is this happening in the first place, is the dmg output lower for some reason?

Some people are saying that it works normally for them could they tell us which servers they use, which patch etc so we can at least find solution to this problem, maybe if someone could try to find new pistol and replace old one and see if that new works normally?

Tnx for any info...

This shouldn't prevent you from playing. You just need to change how you play. Aim for the head. It's harder and more fun.

(side note, I hope this was intentional. It'll make the game slightly harder for experienced players, at least for a while. Might make life hard on the noobs though.)

I'm not using steam version and this bug is not existent to me.

Wouldn't really bother me much either tbh i dropped my revolver today as I finally found myself an m9 sd again

Handguns are far too powerful against a zombie anyway. You shouldn't be able to take down a zed with 1 shot from a damn pistol to the leg.

Handguns are far too powerful against a zombie anyway. You shouldn't be able to take down a zed with 1 shot from a damn pistol to the leg.

Dude. It's a .45 round. Do you not think that'll drop someone?

• Like 1

I would be happy to see that pistols can only kill with a headshot.

Shots to the torso would slow them down, turn them into a hopper, shot two shots to the legs would make them crawl something along those lines would be amazing for me.

Confirming: M1911 now taking ~4 body shots to down a Z. Steam update gone live for me today, yesterday still 1-hit-kills.

Makes it pretty useless now IMO. Noise level & low capacity clearly outbalance the damage output. Even if I blame it on myself not being used to shooting in DayZ (yet), but going for a headshot with the M1911 seems quite pointless with it's inaccuracy until the Z is right in your face (even then the bullet might go way off to the left/right) - and that's something I normally don't want to happen.

Did anyone notice a difference for the crossbow too, or is it just me? Yesterday it was 1-hit-kills all the way, now it seems to be 2 bolts (once I had to put 3 bolts into a Z, surprisingly I recovered 4 bolts :blink: so I guess that one was a bit bugged).

Odd i have no problem with the zeds and my 1911

Do you run the Steam version of Arma2 + the patch that has gone live today?

Common believe seems to be that this "bug" is caused by the Steam patch - at least for me I can say that this patch is the only difference to yesterday.

glock still sucks donkey dick, but to be fair going of zombie lore, only head shots kill zombies so :)

Rocket has referred to them as infected. Think 28 Days Later.

• Like 1

I went offline and tried out all guns on the shooting-range person. Not sure how much health he has, but these are numbers of bullets center of torso it takes to kill him. The first numbers are exactly in the center (in about 10x10cm box), numbers in brackets are in the center of the torso outside of this tiny box. Hitting a target from more than 10m into the small box is very hard with weapons apart from G17 and the revolver.

G17: 3 (4)

M1911: 3 (4)

M9: 3 (4)

M9SD: 3 (4)

Makarov: 6 (7)

Revolver: 3 (4)

For comparison-

MP5: 3(4)

AKM: 1(2)

M16: 1(2)

FN-FAL: 1(1)

As for headshots, shots in the face generally take 2 hits (3 with makarov) to take down the target. Shots in the forehead take 1.

Edited by Tigger

tldr please?

do we have any official word yet what causes this and whether it is intended or not?

nope