daze23

Arma update nerfed revolver?

My Bizon is taking on average 4-5 centre mass shots to down a Zed.

It should. Bizon fires 9mm rounds that do 1388 damage, just like M9/G17/etc.

The revolver/M1911 fire .45 ACP rounds (~11.5mm) that have about double energy and more stopping power due to the caliber difference. Before 1.62 these dealt 4500 damage.

Bizon was previously 3 body shots as was the g17 and m9/ m9sd. It seems like infected health has increased. we will probably get some official comment on this issue soon. Everyone keep your panties on in the meantime.

It seems like infected health has increased.

that's what I was wondering

I was kinda under the impression that both the weapon damage and infected health were controlled on the mod side of things. and it is curious that some people are claiming to not have these issues

I'm sure I read in some interview rocket said the infected were reskinned pigs or something. If the health of the base animal was tweaked for some reason, possibly by accident, that may be the cause. I'm sure this will be addressed.

Bizon was previously 3 body shots as was the g17 and m9/ m9sd. It seems like infected health has increased. we will probably get some official comment on this issue soon. Everyone keep your panties on in the meantime.

That's not consistent. If infected health changed so that 2 .45 bullets don't kill them, it means they have at least 9000 health. Let's call it 11000, since 2 hits center of mass + 1 hit in extremities isn't enough either. That means you'd need 7-8 center of mass shots with a 9mm weapon to take one out and a single DMR/M14/FN-FAL/.... round wouldn't kill one either.

I tested the DMR when I tested the revolver. the DMR definitely killed them with one shot

Yeah revolver sometimes take anywhere from 2 to 4 hits to the body to kill zombies now. Really kind of stupid for a gun with such a low capacity.

My AKM still onehit zombies up close. Tested on some zombies ~150m away, takes two shots. Has zombie hp been buffed?

Edited by Fryseboks

I'm sure I read in some interview rocket said the infected were reskinned pigs or something. If the health of the base animal was tweaked for some reason, possibly by accident, that may be the cause. I'm sure this will be addressed.

well i was just about to post that it wasn't the zombies, it had to be the guns as it just took me 2 revolver shots to kill a boar, but if this is the case then it might be the zombies, idk.

I can confirm it. It's from steam update I think

Edited by SillySil

Yeah revolver sometimes take anywhere from 2 to 4 hits to the body to kill zombies now. Really kind of stupid for a gun with such a low capacity.

My AKM still onehit zombies up close. Tested on some zombies ~150m away, takes two shots. Has zombie hp been buffed?

Before the update, point blank AKM damage was the same as point blank .45 damage. So it can't be the zombies, it must be the guns.

Go with swiftness, slave of society.

I think he's trying to sound smart. Awwe bless.

I wasn't referring to you as an individual, but your collective idiocy and inconclusive thinking.

if the problem isn't affecting you, then that's fantastic, but there's a lot of people here that are having the problem, bigotry isn't the answer here

• Like 2

so i need to ask the devs: why? the good old M1911....

Your stupidity overwhelms me. I will now leave you to your own doom, fellow DayZ players.

Ffs you are lying. Video, or didn't happen!

Unless it's a headshot- zombies require 3 hits to die now.

If you play on 1.7.1.5 - don't even bother because it is only relevant to 1.7.2.3 servers,.

Then why are you speaking of the issue as if it was included in an intended patch? Obviously this does not affect all players.

Neither me or any of my clan members have reported this issue. I stand by my words: your stupidity has now consumed my soul and devoured my intestines. Will it eat the entire world now? HAS IT NOT BEEN FED ENOUGH!?

Jesus, the ignorance coming from you makes me want to slap someone. So what if you don't have this issue? As you can see IF YOU LOOK AT THE OTHER POSTS A FAIR FEW ARE HAVING THE ISSUE, SO GET OUT OF THE THREAD IF IT'S NOT HAPPENING TO YOU AND YOU HAVE NOTHING TO ADD EXCEPT "Oh you guys suck lol I'm 2g1bmlgpr0".

Yes, I'm mad, there is no need for you to post in this thread about how it isn't affecting you and abusing others for saying it is, just stop posting here and move on to criticize others.

Anyway, yes I'm also getting the issue as well as a friend of mine who definitely updated CO via steam. 2 others I play with however don't think they've updated it and can still 1-shot zombies with the revolver and m1911, so I'm 70% sure it's got to do with the update somehow.

Edited by Devil4444123

yeah both m1911 and revolver don't kill with 1 shot anymore

it may be a bug of the last update :/

is it a issue with people using 1.62 main install and maybe those that updated using the 1.62 (insert beta number here) beta instead? Because using the beta for 1.62 only for example I dont see the new AA features in the options, but you do if u use the base file changing main update 1.62

Just my 2 cents, updated, 3-4 shots for revolver kill. 1 shot with M16a2

is it a issue with people using 1.62 main install and maybe those that updated using the 1.62 (insert beta number here) beta instead? Because using the beta for 1.62 only for example I dont see the new AA features in the options, but you do if u use the base file changing main update 1.62

I...don't know what you're trying to say, but all I know is that Six Launcher updated for me today (nothing really to do with Arma though), but Arma2 CO updated via steam, nowhere else, only on steam.

When I launch the game via Six Launcher it launches it through steam though, so that might make a difference from someone who doesn't launch it through steam.

Edited by Devil4444123

I happened to be playing both immediately before and after the Steam patch. I noticed this change immediately afterward. Took some unexpected damage from it, because zombies often lurch forward after being shot, then die--but when they don't die anymore...

If you play on 1.7.1.5 - don't even bother because it is only relevant to 1.7.2.3 servers,.

I play on a 1.7.1.5 server currently and i also have this issue, since it seems to be related to the ARMA patch and not the DayZ version i can't see why you would asume it does not affect older versions of DayZ