happylarry77

DON'T LET STEAM UPDATE OA!! Game breaking!

Problem?.

If you were trolling, then no, no problem.

If you were serious, yes, problem. Big problem of you being a hugely misinformed idiot and since you follow a question mark with a full stop, I'd say that's a justified conclusion.

• Like 1

What the fuck do you expect? Jesus christ. When an update happens, IT DELETES THE ALREADY EXISTING FILES AND REPLACES THEM WITH NEW ONES.

Stop the update halfway through? You moron. Of course it will break the game! You only have half the required files that it WAS TRYING TO UPDATE WITHOUT YOUR INTERFERENCE.

I see your genius logic but IT'S IDIOTIC PARANOID LUNACY THAT SIMPLY DOESN'T WORK.

Christ man... chill out, I just made this thread because there were a lot of threads that you had to go in to actually figure out that it was the Steam update. Don't get so angry at people trying to help others, that dude was just sharing what happened to him so others don't do the same.

One thread suggested uninstalling Battle Eye and re installing through steam. Didn't work for me, but maybe it will for someone else..

Actually that rager/ prozac poser child is probably wrong. Depending on when the update was cancelled. There are such things as rollbacks and staging of download/install files. If it was during the "download" portion, then no, it wouldn't be halfway through install with halfway cooked files. But if cancelled during the install portion, then who knows.

My steam update happened while playing, or immediately there after. I got errors popping up about files not matching expected signatures then kicked from server. As soon as I returned to desktop, I got that nice little popup. I don't launch from Steam, but it does run in the background on my PC.

So My guess is that the battleeye thing triggered a false alarm, or who knows. Either way, no Dayz means more sleep for me!

Got kicked mid game because of it.

Let it finish update then tons of bad file this and that. Verified both arma 2 and OA. Reinstalled latest beta patch to have the BAD CD KEY issue. Restarted and ran steam and the OA beta patcher as system admin to no avail.

Figured out I had to run arma2 and OA once again before trying to patch and everything worked pretty well. My beta shortcut seems to be borked but I can launch through sixupdater for now.

Kinda looking forward to the game going standalone so long as they get the patching and updating in order and make it easy for everyone.

Side note if you got kicked mid game your probably going to log back in unconscious for like 5 mins. :|

Edited by MAXAMOUS

Actually that rager/ prozac poser child is probably wrong. Depending on when the update was cancelled. There are such things as rollbacks and staging of download/install files. If it was during the "download" portion, then no, it wouldn't be halfway through install with halfway cooked files. But if cancelled during the install portion, then who knows.

My steam update happened while playing, or immediately there after. I got errors popping up about files not matching expected signatures then kicked from server. As soon as I returned to desktop, I got that nice little popup. I don't launch from Steam, but it does run in the background on my PC.

So My guess is that the battleeye thing triggered a false alarm, or who knows. Either way, no Dayz means more sleep for me!

Yeah, it was in the middle of the download, not installation. The error I got was along the lines of "Looking for file YYYYYYYYY B but got YYYYYYZZZ B instead".

My beta shortcut seems to be borked but I can launch through sixupdater for now.

Of course your beta shortcut is fucked. Your game is no longer running with a beta patch applied. It's now been patched to 1.62 final release. You can 86 that shortcut.

Turn autoupdate off now and go in offline mode. This steam update breaks DayZ. Happening to a lot of people right now. Beware~

Call me stupid but how is going offline going to help the situation with an online game?

I was just playing using the new update which was pushed via steam.

Works great.

You can read some info on the update here

http://www.arma2.com/latest-news/arma-2-combined-operations-operation-arrowhead-reinforcements-update-162_en.html

It's essentially all the beta updates we have been using put into an official release.

Of course your beta shortcut is fucked. Your game is no longer running with a beta patch applied. It's now been patched to 1.62 final release. You can 86 that shortcut.

I'm still using my shortcut from beta, the official 1.62 release didn't remove the beta patch.

I'm still using my shortcut from beta, the official 1.62 release didn't remove the beta patch.

It didn't remove the beta patch but it's the same binaries so there is no need to run the beta files anymore.

source:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137694-ARMA-2-Operation-Arrowhead-Combined-Operations-Reinforcements-update-1-62&p=2193971&viewfull=1#post2193971

I updated no problems. I was already running the 95248 beta.

those saying they can't connect to servers....make sure you are trying to connect to ones running 95248.

edit: come to think of it, with the added launch options I should be still running the beta anyways.

Edited by DJNOOB

i havnt had a problem with DayZ at all since the steam update

i use the six launcher

it installs the beta files into the addon dir of AO

if u launch Day Z through the Six lanucher/updater, it doesnt change any of the files in ur arma2 install dir(copying over .exe's etc) and runs the beta patch right out of the addon dir, im able to connect to any server on dayz, just depends if they are running the same patch as i am

dont know why so many people are having trouble with it

If having connection issues after steam updates Arma, verify integrity of game cache for BOTH ARMA II and ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead. This fixed my issues

Edited by HobnobCookies

I'm using DayZ Commander, running fine after steam update.

It actually gave me a chunky FPS boost.

IF YOU'RE PLAYING THROUGH STEAM, THERE IS NO WAY TO AVOID THE UPDATE.

This is tecnhnically not true since you can set up all or some games to not update automatically > right click > properties > Updates > keep this program up to date. If that is off then people wont get forced updates.