mackser@gmail.com

Hacking out of control on NZ servers

just a warning, i have been dropped out of the sky, teleported 2x to my death, instagibbed, seen a group of about 6 players suicide crashing their choppers into cherno all with hacked weapons, teleported on by players with invincibility... all in the last 3 days.

changing servers doesn't work as its the same across the board, and I refuse to play on US servers with 200 ping. Is there any kind of announcement function for situations like this? information is the best way of preventing this kind of thing

• Like 1

its the same in the US servers. we the players that play legit DEMAND to know whats being done.

It's really sad because I got two of my friends to start playing, and i'm teaching them the ropes in cherno when we just get killed over and over by these guys

its the same in the US servers. we the players that play legit DEMAND to know whats being done.

Lol'd.

What servers OP? I'll add them to the list.

You are playing a free mod of your own choice. You have no right to demand anything. So do us all a favor and never come back to the forums. You bought Arma 2 you did not buy Day Z. The hacker situation until stand alone is something BI would have to deal with anyway. So 1. read 1 of a thousand other fucking posts on this (search it's not hard) 2. Get over your entitlement issues (You are entitled to nothing). 3. Do the world a favor and stop wasting our O2.

All we can do is hope that Rocket and the team have got in contact with Battleye to try and do something about this.

Unfortunately its going to be a while before we see anything done.

Im scared to play on any NZ servers now.

I've totally boycotted the NZ servers. It seems they mostly come on in the late evening, which makes me speculate whether they're from NZ at all.

Just don't go there. NZ servers are in a terrible state and I will continue to refuse to play on them until solid prevention measures are in place.

can you recommend any good servers anton?

Right now? No. They're all fucked. The ones that aren't are either not advertising themselves so they stay a little safer, or they are operating privately so they can ban their own hackers, which isn't complying with the Dev's rules.

Ever heard of Catch 22?

Its just an Alpha bros.

The first time I encountered hackers was like 3 weeks ago, and from then on I gave up caring about my character life span / items - I just run around on the coast talking and meeting people and having fun.

Hacker in the server? Stick around Cherno and Elektro and watch the fun unfold. Hackers are extremely fun to play with - There's nothing like looting free NVGs and other rare items from dead hackers.

(The shitty ones are always the ones without god mode on)

Its a rare occurrence for hackers to mass slay, happens once every 2 weeks for me and I play on the Orcon + ON3 servers.

Just roll with it and try have fun, Because I've flown at least 10+ helicopters that they spawn lmao. good times ;)

Never seen a single hacker on EU servers.

A. Shut the fuck up, you don't deserve to be told anything.

B. It is a huge problem, yes, everyone knows it.

C. It is being looked into, I'm sure.

D. Until it is fixed, you're going to have to put up with it.

NZ servers have gone to hell in terms of hackers, but that's life. What would make the problem better is if Aus/NZ players had more servers to choose from. People say US have more servers because they have a higher population. True, and fair enough. There are approx 311 million people living in the US opposed to the 30 million people living in Aus and NZ combined. US have about 900 plus servers. NZ and Aus have 15 in total. So yes, US may have a MUCH higher population, however they have more than 900 servers for their population. We only have 15. So in short, Americas population is about 10 times the size of our own. So why do they have 60 times more servers then we do? If we simply had more servers, the chance of being attacked by hackers would be far less likely.

That and our servers are often flooded by US players who don't want to play at night.

PS: Our countries have bad internet so any other servers overseas have around 200+ ping.

Erm, not that I'm against more servers or anything, but AUS/NZ have around 40 servers right now... even if they are shoddily handled.

NZ servers have gone to hell in terms of hackers, but that's life. What would make the problem better is if Aus/NZ players had more servers to choose from. People say US have more servers because they have a higher population. True, and fair enough. There are approx 311 million people living in the US opposed to the 30 million people living in Aus and NZ combined. US have about 900 plus servers. NZ and Aus have 15 in total. So yes, US may have a MUCH higher population, however they have more than 900 servers for their population. We only have 15. So in short, Americas population is about 10 times the size of our own. So why do they have 60 times more servers then we do? If we simply had more servers, the chance of being attacked by hackers would be far less likely.

That and our servers are often flooded by US players who don't want to play at night.

PS: Our countries have bad internet so any other servers overseas have around 200+ ping.

It's not only the population. Renting a server is cheaper in the US than pretty much every other country. Being low population and in an outlying area I would think NZ has some of the worst prices.

It's not on EVERY server in the US, but I did just come across it for my first time after playing it a few days. This is being looked at, right? I will say these are inventive hacks, I mean, usually you just see some aimbotting or wall hacks, but getting teleported to the middle of an open field and shot to death? Never saw that one coming...and hope to never see it again. I like being able to keep my hard earned loot.

Hey everyone, I have just put a massive Rocket up ON3 Network in regards to this issue of " HACKERS " on there NZ server network. I'm not going to go into too much detail but lets just say, they are going to make a few changes to there service they provide to the gaming community through their server network and look at a better solution to deal with these " HACKERS ".

I for one had decided that enough was enough and I decided to do something about it.

So, if ON3 Network are serious they will do what every client/customer of theirs has been requesting from the start of this ***ing B***S***. Try there hardest to remove these hackers before they get into the game or shut the servers down!

Now, that may sound drastic to shut there DayZ server network down but you have to understand that at the end of the day its business, and business is not a game...

The worst thing about this whole HACK FEST that is happening is how detrimental the impact will be on the final standalone product, and what really hacked me off (pun not intended) was that this is a fellow Kiwi and this game could become an International phenomena and his own countrymen are ruining his chances to create an amazing opportunity in the gaming arena.

Already it seems that the dedicated numbers for this game when I last checked is dropping and I can almost guarantee that 90% of that would be caused from these clowns who think they are above the law.....

We as gamers don't have to put up with this crap and just talking the talk is not enough you have to be willing to walk the walk also.

I for one have decided to walk the walk and if a few shall fall so that the many shall rise then so be it.......

I would like to see the DayZ community come together - IT personal,engineer scripters etc and find a solution to this problem before the problem gets to out of hand and leaves a massive amount of destruction which at the end of the day Dean Hall will have to clean up.

C'mon legit gamers lets do something to get rid of these few who are ruining it for the many.

Contact servers admins

@GameSlayer159 Are you new here? Hacking is none's fault and can't be fixed. Rocket just made the mod, BI made Arma open on purpose, and BE can't do much (but it's doing a great job)! Find a server with a good admin, and wait for BE to bust cheaters.

Edited by TSAndrey

It is a sad fact but hackers are still hacking in Public and to a lesser extent in Private Hive.

I understand the need to make such Threads but it is old/nothing new and has been bled to death.

There are some Private Hives down under (I can use the term because I'm up over), try to find out which have active Admins.

I'll just Lock this Topic, no need to Graveyard it.