sxcblood

shitty pc, shit fps settings recomendations?

well basically my pc is shit having a cpu from 2002 and 1gig of ram

i can run most games on low but arma seems to fuck my pc over compleatly, if i zoom my gun in my game will freeze for 10seconds, giving the zombie plenty of time to hit me thus making me lose my first 2 weapons

the only upside abouth my pc is my video card is there a way to make arma run more on my video card memory instead of my cpu?

..Buy a new computer. That's my advice..

And ask someone to help you with getting a new computer, you obviously don't know much. (No offence.)

Edited by Dr621
  • Like 1

sadly upgradeing is the way to go id look into building your own desktop as thats the cheapest and most effective route its easy to do ^_^ and if your not sure what you need to get grab a nerdy friend and some free money and have fun

EDIT: i personaly like tiger direct for my parts. you can build a decent gaming rig thats easy to upgrade for about 400$ ~ (depending on how nice parts you wanna get)

Edited by PyroXfire

if you're moving up from a 2002 era PC, then I'd recommend craigslist for the cheapest route. anything on there for $100 is going to be loads better than what you have now... just don't buy from a student, they tend to have low end cheap PCs that they then proceed to trash.

if you're moving up from a 2002 era PC, then I'd recommend craigslist for the cheapest route. anything on there for $100 is going to be loads better than what you have now... just don't buy from a student, they tend to have low end cheap PCs that they then proceed to trash.

thats true didnt think of CL lol looking too foward too my good gaming rig *shakes fist at the sky*

i live on a tight budget, after paying rent and food i got abouth 40$ left for randoms each month, a new pc isnot an option for me

you get 400 $ free money? why dont you just get a few parts one money and the rest laster also 400$ was the price of building a pretty good gaming rig you can go abit cheaper

you get 400 $ free money? why dont you just get a few parts one money and the rest laster also 400$ was the price of building a pretty good gaming rig you can go abit cheaper

sadly i have no cash for a real upgrade unless any of you know a good cpu for under 20-30$

id love to give you a idea abouth my system but i have no idea how to show you what is inside

I hate to break it to you, but you cannot play this game with that PC. At the very least you need a better CPU and additional RAM...if upgrading or buying a new PC isn't an option, then playing DayZ will not be an option either.

EDIT: If you can upgrade at all...start with the RAM. 1GB of DDR or DDR2 just isn't going to cut it...sorry mate.

Edited by TyRobot