jordy@sigux.com

Patch & Play! [BETA PATCH MIRROR] Fast downloads - Multiple Locations - 100% Safe - More Games To Come!

Tired of waiting and waiting and waiting for the beta patch to finally download, because the official beta patch is so slow? Your waiting is over now.

What is this?

We have set up a few simple yet genius scripts that automatically download any new beta patches released at any time of the day, to our own, 1gbit connection dedicated servers. After they are uploaded here, it will update the server web page, allowing you to download the beta patch directly from us within seconds, instead of waiting 10 minutes from the official patch site.

Why would I do this?

- Choose from servers in Europa such as France and Italy.

- Choose from servers in North America such as Florida and Buffalo.

- It's way faster than the official patch mirror, especially during "rush hour".

- Laugh your friends in the face about your awesome download speed.

- Easy to use, contact us, and report problems.

- Several mirrors in case one goes down.

- It's 100% free and self coded.

- It's 100% virus free, and files are not edited at all.

How do I use this?

You just download the patch, open the .zip file and run the beta setup and it should install. Note that you cannot install an older version than your current version. These files are unedited, and are uploaded as they were download, and the files have not been altered with.

LINK TO MIRROR: arma.patchandplay.com

This ARMA Beta patch mirror provided by Patch & Play.

Visit our website: www.patchandplay.com

Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/patchandplay

Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/patchandplay

Edited by Brightbull
  • Like 3

Sounds fishy, but it's a nice idea if it's not a virus.

Edited by Atanar

Use a virus scanner if you don't trust it :-)

We really wouldn't pay for servers just to host a simple virus, and we wouldn't duplicate the virus 157 times in order to make it look like we have "all" the beta patches on our server.

I've self-coded this, they're not viruses, I assure you. We use a simplistic "wget" command to run every 10 minutes to check for changes to the website http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/ and if a change is found, it automatically downloads the latest one.

The webpage at "it.chriseaston.info" (personal site subdomain). simply reads the file directory of where the files are located and then outputs linkable text to each appropriate file. It's a little messy at the moment and as the days go on, it will get a little fancier with some nice graphics from Jordy(brightbull).

There will be more mirrors launching within the next week.

If the `security` threat is too high for you, then we can match the MD5 hash between the file(s) hosted on my server, and the files you would download from the official website.

Update 25/07/12

Now added contact information link.

Now added US Florida mirror.

Now added US New York mirror.

Still need to update US New York mirror download page, as the title and link currently say "East Coast".

Nice! If its all legit then why not? My download speeds are not so bad from Six Launcher though but maybe because I don't update as frequently as others. Good stuff though thanks for this.

Another thing I've considered is direct downloading of the latest dayz mod, however DayZ Already provide three mirrors, but these inevitebly will come under serious load over time, I'll consider adding this in.

Bug Fixes:

Buffalo and Florida are not auto-updating, will be fixed within the hour. (fixed)

Edited by eastonch

Unofficial? That means dont download. Even more so from a guy with Norway with 4 posts. Mods close this thread.

Edited by Grimlok

I'm sorry grimlok? What's your problem with this?

Unofficial means that we're not "affiliated" with BiStudio as a certified mirror, it has nothing to do with the authenticity of the files available on our mirror.

Why does nationality come into play here, are you being racist? Mods, ban this fool.

Edit: Bug Fix on all nodes, due to quick file-checking, all nodes were automatically only downloading ~25% of the file then leaving it. This has been rectified by adding a 25minute interval between download-checks.

Please wait 25minutes before downloading the latest patch from our servers.

Edited by eastonch

Unofficial? That means dont download. Even more so from a guy with Norway with 4 posts. Mods close this thread.

I honestly do not see what my nationality has anything to do with the authenticity of the files, like eastonch said before. And please think before trying to make an offensive post next time, as "unofficial" only means that this mirror is not endorsed with Arma II, DayZ or any other trademarks in any way.

Also; Why do you think this thread should be closed? Have you tried to download a file, have you tried running an anti virus on it? I highly doubt so. Please stop thinking that people from other countries are stupid and cannot be trusted, and try it before you actually start saying sh*t about us.

Update 26/07/12

Removed company contact page link, and replaced with fancy pop-up/hovering contact page to make contacting us even easier.

There's the right way the wrong way and the Norwegian way. Either way, you have to be an idiot to download something unofficial posted on any forum. Especially a game with so much hacking and griefin.

Edited by unitus77
  • Like 1

There's the right way the wrong way and the Norwegian way. Either way, you have to be an idiot to download something unofficial posted on any forum. Especially a game with so much hacking and griefin.

Why so hostile? I personally don't think you should judge before you have even tried it. Please enlighten me why we would get and pay for 4 server just to host a virus? The files on the server are the exact same files from the official download page, they have not been edited, opened, changed name or anything, they were simply downloaded with an automatic script to our machines, from where a PHP script shows all the beta files on the download page.

Haha, nice image on the website, from The War Z.

I didn't find any good images of either Arma II or DayZ that were the right resolution, so I decided to go with that :-)

Why so hostile? I personally don't think you should judge before you have even tried it. Please enlighten me why we would get and pay for 4 server just to host a virus? The files on the server are the exact same files from the official download page, they have not been edited, opened, changed name or anything, they were simply downloaded with an automatic script to our machines, from where a PHP script shows all the beta files on the download page.

How is the hostile? Did i judge you or your program? No. All i said is you'd have to be an idiot to download some unofficial program posed by some random guy on forum. What did you expect? You have to build alot of credibility in a game and be well know to post anything like this.

I didn't find any good images of either Arma II or DayZ that were the right resolution, so I decided to go with that :-)

Haha, no worries, just noticed it.

How is the hostile? Did i judge you or your program? No. All i said is you'd have to be an idiot to download some unofficial program posed by some random guy on forum. What did you expect? You have to build alot of credibility in a game and be well know to post anything like this.

I find calling people who download the patch through our mirror an idiot pretty hostile. I did not have any expectations, honestly. Just wanted to make this as I had spare time, but I guess there are always people who don't have trust or faith in anything. Every software, such as DayZ Commander has been new too, but some people said "Hey, let's try this" instead of "It's new, meh...".

Anyways, I don't think we should argue about this issue in a topic. If you wish to continue you can send me a PM. :-)

Downloaded decently quickly, 300KB/s but that's probably due to my poor net speeds at the time. Took 15 seconds as oppose to my download from the official servers of 12minutes at 11.1KB/s.

Exactly the same size and virus free.

118zvdc.png

Some people clearly don't support you and what you're doing, but I for one do. Thank you.

• Like 2

Downloaded decently quickly, 300KB/s but that's probably due to my poor net speeds at the time. Took 15 seconds as oppose to my download from the official servers of 12minutes at 11.1KB/s.

Exactly the same size and virus free.

118zvdc.png

Some people clearly don't support you and what you're doing, but I for one do. Thank you.

1. It doesn't have to a virus right now..

2. Any new virus isn't going to get picked up by a virus scanner.

I'm surprised the mods are letting this slide.

Ok, I'm getting slightly fed up of the negativity you guys are placing on this.

A) It's an unofficial patch mirror, BASICALLY, this means that we're not endorsed or "supported" by anybody else than ourselves.

B) It's not a program, it's LITERALLY a "MIRROR COPY" of the files hosted on the official site.

C) They're mainly on lines connected by large networks ranging from 100Mbits to 1Gbits, find out your lowest ping by pinging each web address("{ecus,fl.it}.chriseaston.info").

D) I'm sorry, but if I really wished to infect a machine, I'd target the hacker audience, post some bullshit hack up on youtube, 50K downloads instantly for "free hax". Why would I get any joy out of providing virus links to what I thought was generally nice people on the DayZ Forums.

Here's your options:

1) Suck it up, realise it's not a virus, or anything else, it's an exact copy that's checked every 25 minutes (source can be provided to our scripts, if you so wish, we will also start MD5 hash checking if you /really/ want me too.) And download from non-flooded servers that you should get about 80% of your general speed to. (I'm on 40MBits line and I get 1.5MB to both US servers and 2.6MB to the IT server.). Tell your friends, and enjoy this "FREE" service that I am gracefully paying for out of my pocket.

2) Start flaming that this is a virus, without any sort of proof apart from the OP is norwegian and has 4 posts.

I know where I'd be.

@SausageKingOfChicago -- You realise that Avast is behaviour based right, so any sort of "attempt" to keylog, RAT or any other malicious methods, are detected, along with virus signatures, so aslong as there's no new super virus out there that's using some new-behaviour technique... You should be fine!

-- Also, Avast tends to "sandbox" anything that it finds "oooo what's this". Allowing you to safely open the file. And no virus is instantly going to take over your computer.

Just to prove how we're downloading from the main patch mirror, here's the source:

[script.sh] -- Ran every 25 minutes using the cron line: */25 * * * * /root/script.sh

http://pastebin.com/vnnYmakX

I'm not just going to give out the source to our PHP script that sorts the directories out etc.. Since it took me a few hours to make it work how I wanted it to (writing to arrays, reading from them, sorting, string replaces... etc..).

If there's any more discussion into why you think this is a "bad thing" then please let me know, as everything here is 100% legit, provided free from myself and jordy (however I'm paying for the servers..., not that they're much as they're mainly Low-End.).

Thanks for reading, hopefully I've been able to change some minds of haters, otherwise, I don't really care. I'm not profiting from this, if you're hating, then just stop looking. You're not forced to have nice things. It's an option you're given. Be Grateful.

Edit:

France server coming up shortly, Just purchased a KimSufi for another project, but will be able to host 100Mbit connectivity of the patch mirror, new site will be fr.chriseaston.info (chriseaston.info will be changed to something more "theme" appropriate whenever I have time to go purchase a new domain and edit all the pages.

Edited by eastonch

1. It doesn't have to a virus right now..

2. Any new virus isn't going to get picked up by a virus scanner.

I'm surprised the mods are letting this slide.

I was just proving that the files I downloaded contained no viruses.

Incorrect, the best anti-viruses update on a daily basis in order to detect the latest viruses. Most generic viruses work off of the same base, allowing anti-viruses to scan for generic tell-tale signs and allowing for them to be detected. For this to have an undetectable virus they would have had to either;

A) Hand written it themselves from scratch with unique techniques in order for it to not be discovered.

B) Be part of an underground forum that releases original viruses.

Let's look at Occam's Razor, either;

1) Two people decided to create a script that automatically downloads the beta files onto a presumably VPN and allows others to download them at over 30x the speeds.

2) Two people engineered a virus that's beyond recognition for some of the best anti viruses in the world and are targeting it at DayZ users who're impatient.

What gain could they possibly have? Any Trojan what-so-ever would be instantly detected, so there's a very slim chance of them gaining access to your account, even if they did what would they do with a second DayZ account? Steam accounts can easily be retrieved too.

Occam's Razor people, Occam's Razor.

• Like 1

I was just proving that the files I downloaded contained no viruses.

Incorrect, the best anti-viruses update on a daily basis in order to detect the latest viruses. Most generic viruses work off of the same base, allowing anti-viruses to scan for generic tell-tale signs and allowing for them to be detected. For this to have an undetectable virus they would have had to either;

A) Hand written it themselves from scratch with unique techniques in order for it to not be discovered.

B) Be part of an underground forum that releases original viruses.

Let's look at Occam's Razor, either;

1) Two people decided to create a script that automatically downloads the beta files onto a presumably VPN and allows others to download them at over 30x the speeds.

2) Two people engineered a virus that's beyond recognition for some of the best anti viruses in the world and are targeting it at DayZ users who're impatient.

What gain could they possibly have? Any Trojan what-so-ever would be instantly detected, so there's a very slim chance of them gaining access to your account, even if they did what would they do with a second DayZ account? Steam accounts can easily be retrieved too.

Occam's Razor people, Occam's Razor.

At least there are still some people who actually know how this works, and people who aren't so short minded!

Thank you ;-)

Edited by Brightbull

Personally did use it meself for the dl, cheers bud much appreciated.

Edited by Boonies