eegore

Lumberjack Simulator?

So since the temp addition I have done nothing but hunt for firewood.

First am I supposed to continually lose temp under any outdoor conditions? Faster in rain but on a sunny day too?

Also the only way I know to increase temp is by fire, so I have to build a new one every 2 hours. Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong?

I haven't had to light a fire yet.

No fire in how long?

Several people that keep dying tell me they don't light fires.

How low is your temp? Mine in the sun dropped 34 points.

Mine dropped fast under rainy conditions. Managed to get inside a house and it stabilized at 77. Heat loss like this is ridiculous...

Yeah it feels like you're trying to survive in middle of a winter instead of fall.

I have yet to need to light a fire, or have my heat drop below 75.

I notice when I am moving around a lot (roadie run or otherwise) that I slowly, SLOWLY regain or stabilize my heat. I know that players who sit still for long periods of time or are sneaking around a lot will also lose body heat quicker.

This was also at night on a US TZ server.

I think the mechanic is good. When it rains I need to find shelter and either wait it out or light a fire. When it stops raining I step outside, move out, and in a matter of 10-15 minutes my body heat is back to acceptable levels.

Sprinting for ages and my temp just dropped, it doesnt take into account body heat.

I think heat gel packs should be added to loot tables, if you activate them you generate warmth for 5-60 mins. Adds something else to loot.

Sprinting for ages and my temp just dropped' date=' it doesnt take into account body heat.

I think heat gel packs should be added to loot tables, if you activate them you generate warmth for 5-60 mins. Adds something else to loot.

[/quote']

Neat idea.

My temp is stable around 55-ish. Hasn't dropped past it, even in the rain.

After walking in the rain my temp went all the way down to zero, and I went outside when it was around 10 (it kept dropping). Being out in the sun doesn't seem to help when it definitely should.

Basically if this isn't fixed people are going to start disconnecting when it rains.

Yeah I am already seeing people server hop in rain.

At least losing up to 50% temp so far hasn't mean anything negative. I assumed anything below that would mean severe infection and coughing.

I played in daylight for around 5 hours yesterday morning, I was almost constantly on the move but never saw my temp drop below 98.

my friend just got an infection on 18 heat, we went in a barn and it didnt stabalise. Had to go to a shop for it to stop (Got to 8 temp!).

We are truly bummed now, have to go to a hospital and die from bandits

but hopefully our tears will fuel development

CMON NOW SING IT WQITH ME YOU ALL KNOW THE WORDS!

"I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay. I sleep all night and I work all day. He's a lumberjack, and he's okay. He sleeps all night and he works all day. I cut down trees. I eat my lunch. I go to the lavatory."

After an hour my temp gauge was down to 3 and I was coughing like crack whore looking for her next hit. No wood to be found. I sat in a field filled with highly flammable hay bails and wept. I crawled over to a pile debris littered with wooden planks and wept. Mommy...it's so cold...*sniffle* People might say the firewood idea is realistic and awesome. I'd say that previous system is more realistic as it assumes you are taking the required fuel from your surroundings. Why not have multiple scenarios for making fire.

One - If you are in a location where it would be easy to make a fire due to the abundant source of fuel (the forest).

Two - By gathering wood from the forest or from other locations where there are wood stocks and use that to make fires in places where no fuel is available.

It might be a nice idea to allow players to make fire without matches such as the ancient art of using friction :) Sure it'll take longer but that is the way it is. Also, the more experience the characters get at fire making they may also be-able to master different fire techniques such as scout fires which lower the chances of detection.

Just some thoughts...

Indeeed I'm a lumberjack and I'm truly ok. Have been running around with a buddy for 4 hours yesterday. Temperature dropped something like 9 points max. Primarily it dropped when we crawled our way along big fields. As we ran it slightly increased. We keep several logs for a cold night don't think we will need em anytime soon. The only instance my friend's temperature dropped significantly is when he was shot dead near some pesky bandit's tent. But no fire can help in this situation i gues..

For finnish lumberjacks here...

After an hour my temp gauge was down to 3 and I was coughing like crack whore looking for her next hit. No wood to be found. I sat in a field filled with highly flammable hay bails and wept. I crawled over to a pile debris littered with wooden planks and wept. Mommy...it's so cold...*sniffle* People might say the firewood idea is realistic and awesome. I'd say that previous system is more realistic as it assumes you are taking the required fuel from your surroundings. Why not have multiple scenarios for making fire.

One - If you are in a location where it would be easy to make a fire due to the abundant source of fuel (the forest).

Two - By gathering wood from the forest or from other locations where there are wood stocks and use that to make fires in places where no fuel is available.

It might be a nice idea to allow players to make fire without matches such as the ancient art of using friction :) Sure it'll take longer but that is the way it is. Also' date=' the more experience the characters get at fire making they may also be-able to master different fire techniques such as scout fires which lower the chances of detection.

Just some thoughts...

[/quote']

Exactly! 225 sq/km of heavily wooded terrain and the only burnable wood shows up as loot.

I have yet to need to light a fire' date=' or have my heat drop below 75.

I notice when I am moving around a lot (roadie run or otherwise) that I slowly, SLOWLY regain or stabilize my heat. I know that players who sit still for long periods of time or are sneaking around a lot will also lose body heat quicker.

This was also at night on a US TZ server.

I think the mechanic is good. When it rains I need to find shelter and either wait it out or light a fire. When it stops raining I step outside, move out, and in a matter of 10-15 minutes my body heat is back to acceptable levels.

[/quote']

You think the mechanic is "good"?

So youre saying that if you just go for a walk for 2 hours in the late summer/autumn, you usually come back home on the verge of hypothermia?

Because thats how the game works right now.

Honestly, if you are sneaking around in a village whilst the sun is out, you shouldnt loose a single degree of body temp.

Not even if its raining really... As long as the sun is out, it will warm you.

BUT, if you had been in the rain, and the sun is behind clouds (for a long time) and the wind picks up, THEN you would loose body temp if you didnt find shelter.

Also, being out at night sitting still should make you lose body temp. But not if youre moving around, since that automatically heats up your body. (yes, even crawling, i suggest you try crawling for 15 minutes and see if you get warmer or not)

Honestly, if you are sneaking around in a village whilst the sun is out, you shouldnt loose a single degree of body temp.

And you don't -- Too many people complain about parts of the mechanic that are simply just not true at all.

Same goes for the infection.

First off, if you play during the day your temperature does not drop AT ALL. Ok maybe, just maybe it can go to like 99 or 98, but that's it. I've been playing every day since the patch and haven't had a temp below 90 yet. When its raining sit below a tree or inside a house.

Same goes for people claiming they got killed by infection, its bullshit. Infections in the game at the moment can't kill you.

Hopefully it works decent after 1.5.8.3. 1.5.8.2 was a bit too extreme as you didn't gain heat from sunny weather.

After camping on a mountain overlooking elektro for 3 hours , spotting for a friend who was doing a medical supply run, I first noticed this temp thing..

By the time he came back with a fresh supply my temp was at 25.. and at the time I had no idea WTF it even meant... then I started coughing...

Ever since we ave been looking for damn antibiotics.. been to every damn hospital to no avail.. these things are rarer than the damn NVG's I swear.

I noticed that the temp thing has been somewhat hotfixed.. but how about the antibioics spawnrate? :D

While I love the idea of this mechanic, It does require some backpack spaces to be taken up by firewood.. 2 slots I seem to remember which IMO should really be 1. Of course if firewood was made easy to obtain, say from trees, then there would be no problem.

Anyway.. I still love thjis game far more than any ive played this past year or two <3

Honestly' date=' if you are sneaking around in a village whilst the sun is out, you shouldnt loose a single degree of body temp.[/quote']

And you don't -- Too many people complain about parts of the mechanic that are simply just not true at all.

Same goes for the infection.

First off, if you play during the day your temperature does not drop AT ALL. Ok maybe, just maybe it can go to like 99 or 98, but that's it. I've been playing every day since the patch and haven't had a temp below 90 yet. When its raining sit below a tree or inside a house.

Same goes for people claiming they got killed by infection, its bullshit. Infections in the game at the moment can't kill you.

Then it must have been hotfixed, because yesterday my temp went down all the time... went from 100 to 35 and it was day and only rained twice (both times i managed to get to a house and take shelter).

Today, i havent dropped more than 1 or 2 degrees during the 2 hours i played... so obviously something has changed.