Sign in to follow this  
WalkerDown (DayZ)

How to Rule [The Troll Guide to Play]

Hello noobs, here's the definitive guide to master the game. If you follow this simple rules, you can live forever without much hassle.

- Forget any friendness whilling. You're going to be a "bandit". There's no reason to be anything else, specially with the upcoming bandit skin removal. What it means? That you gonna kill anyone at the first occasion. No exception.

- Pretend to be friendly if you're not 100% sure to being able to kill someone. In example, if someone spots you before you spot him, and he's ingenuous enough to ask if you're "friendly".. do not esitate to reply: "yes i am!" .. then act like you're the best person of the face of this deadly earth and back stab him at the first occasion.

- Do not play on "night" servers if you don't have a night visor, it's a nerd affair and doesn't give you any advantage. But if you're forced to do so... turn the HDR and gamma at max.

- And finally the mother of all the rules: don't care much about what you do, this is a videogame, you're not going to die for real, and you have ALWAYS an escape, it's called: QUIT. IF there's many zombies following you > quit; if there's someone that's going to kill ya > quit; in other words quit and join another server, without loosing your precious blood and loot. It is your most powerful weapon. And no, it's not cheating: quitting is a game option, you can quit anytime.

- Benefit: no more paranoia, no more boring walks in the middle of nowhere to find a can of coke, fun to read other players rage.

- Downside: you going to be bored in a week or so.. and you'll return to play CoD.

Tip: after doing all the above expect others to tell you that this is not the "right" way to play... and ignore them. :D

if there's someone that's going to kill ya > quit; in other words quit and join another server

In other words: play like an absolute cunt.

i am so excited for when some anti-quit mechanics are put in place (eg upon quit your player stays motionless for 30 seconds)... I hope rocket doest it silently too so the cunts don't know what hit them

He's got a point, and I've been out into some of the deeper cities, and they have nothing of any real substance.. maybe a shotgun (which basically pulls an entire town with one shot) .. idk, some of it is pretty silly.. might as well just kill everything that moves.

if there's someone that's going to kill ya > quit; in other words quit and join another server

In other words: play like an absolute cunt.

The **** is who "die" for first. Only the smarters will survive.

i am so excited for when some anti-quit mechanics are put in place (eg upon quit your player stays motionless for 30 seconds)... I hope rocket doest it silently too so the cunts don't know what hit them

And if you really have to leave ? Seriously ? This has no sense. Or even losing something if you leave. No sense. I'd stop playing dayz definitely if they'd implement these things.

30 seconds is to much, 5 seconds is long enough for someone who has to leave for legitmate reasons, i.e find somewhere safe to logout and is also long enough that if someone disconnects in a firefight on purpose they will still die. And if your connection dies in combat for whatever reason then you'll just have to accept that as it's the exception and not the rule in todays 'always on connections', and if it happens alot for you then i suggest talking to your isp about it or find a new provider.

If your serious about this guide, it's pretty much just crap. No imagination or motivation to role play.

A lot of people don't understand this game is a role play game mode. Being a bandit is not the only way to survive, and I've proven that by being alive for five days now, helping others, and being cautious and alert. I have good loot, I scout areas out, and make good plans and stay away from the areas that attract people with no style of play besides just shooting. I've traded blood for ammo, and meds for food. I've gutted a cow and cooked the entire thing to gain all my blood back. I've walked from one side of the map to the other and only shot one zombie while looting grocery stores and farms. The possibilities are endless if ur willing to slow down and play like a real human would.

- Downside: you going to be bored in a week or so.. and you'll return to play CoD.

and good riddance :P

and good riddance :P

People who sabotage their own fun have already received their reward.

That said, the server-hopping, quitting exploits are the current biggest design problem with the whole system. This is a problem that will need to be resolved in design, sooner or later.

You can quit now, but when you come back, still will have your broken bone or massive blood loss, possibly come back unconscious, so by all means, quit during a gunfight or zombie pile up, you wont revert to your prior save point anymore.

It's easier to go cautiously and try to avoid everyone than shoot everyone on sight if you ask me. I don't think that you'll ever be ambushed if you are just enough cautious. But if I see a unknown player seeing me then I'll shoot right away. If you hear gun fire near then just hide wait and observe. and don't just run all guns blazing.

This is what I've done all the time when I've been alone and I've died only twice for a player but I was with my friend those times. We were too long time looting and shooting in the same place.

I don't get it why people use server-hopping or some other technique to get away from PVP situation. I try to play this for immersion not for beign da best on the leaderboard which doesn't even exist.

With guys like you the servers will be empty and you can play all day waiting for another bandit to shoot you in the back.

What seems to be a fun game is going to fail because of one specific failure, douche-bag players.

It says troll in the thread title and people are still taking this seriously?

It says troll in the thread title and people are still taking this seriously?

Pfft, who reads thread titles?

i play dayz as a sandbox. I m doing what i think is good for my playstyle. There is no "this mod is a role play game mode"

Role playing is a playstyle. I love to RP in dayz, but sometimes i don't RP at all. You can't say to someone "hey, this is the way to play the game, RP" or anything else. Everything is ok, except ofc cheats and exploits.

Sandbox guys. So there is no "cunt" or shit like that. If this guy enjoy playing like this, if he dosnt make friends he'll be bored soon enought.

Now, encouraging players for the >QUIT stuff any times they are surrounded or in an hard situation ingame, is very immature ,well...again if it's his playstyle ...

OFC we need a mechanic to avoid abusive disconnection. Any other guys saying " i'll stop playing if they add stuff like that" can ask me ,i'll open the door and show them the exit with an immense pleasure. Players supporting that kind of anti game are the cancer of the game, and should be considered as cheaters/exploiters and should be banned

Abusive disconnections doesn't exists. It is a player choice to remain in game or to leave the game at any moment he/she wants. I may join now and leave after 5 seconds, or after 5 days, or i can decide to leave if i meet a cow, or if i see 3 trees in a row, or if the the north star is covered by a cloud, or if i meet another player because my religion say so. It's my only affair, if you don't like me or my playing style, ignore me, i'm not here to please you.

This is a sandbox.

Being shot at/shooting at another player and alt+f4 or abort within 20secs should just simply delete everything from you including weapons and ammo + backpack. AND force you to die to zombies/player to be able to respawn.