Sign in to follow this  
Swoosh Bear

Convert or DIE

Or one could just stop playing because the game does not deliver as advertised. This is why DayZ will ultimately fail. Rocket would be wise to remove the zeds, leave in the rest of the mechanics and just call the game Kill or Be Killed. It would no longer be a zombie survival game, but let's face it, it hasn't been that for several months now.

Rocket is trying to play on peoples feelings in this game. You're supposed to feel paranoia, anger, happiness, shock, etc. Going around killing NPC's offer very little emotional response. You're killing something that won't feel anything when it dies. It will get mundane really fast.

I get that it's frustrating getting shot on sight, but it's not like you can't shoot back. You can even spot him, not shoot, and walk the other way. No one is forcing you to try to interact with this individual if you don't want to. If you want to, you can go to only lowrisk places getting loot from there and be happy killing zombies for the rest of your DayZ days. If you go to a highly populated place, be prepared to interact with other people, and most people will calculate that the risk they're running by trusting you, is too high.

What's more threatening to a person during a zombie apocalypse? The mindless zombie which is very easy to predict? Or the living human being who has emotions that are almost impossible to predict?

• Like 1

So much butthurt everywhere.

People continue to complain but can't open their eyes' to see that this game changes and needs you to change with it.

Butthurt erywar.

Running is starting to become boring .. :)

It needs more vehicles that can't be hoarded ...

Maybe that will be my next role, vehicle redistribution ..

I've died 20+ times to players, and I am still gonna carry the friendly flag as long as dayz lets me.

• Like 1

and soon we will have a cheap S.T.A.L.K.E.R MP copy with slight co-op like features. Yay. If it becomes like that then I think it doesn't matter if you play DayZ or any other FPS game where you shoot everybody on sight and then the game has lost it's original appeal and purpose. Yay. Destroyed by it's own community and players.. says a lot about the players.

it never had an 'original purpose' you twat, rocket said himself it was a social experiment. there is no " intended style of play".

go play hello kitty or something, i love this game

Or one could just stop playing because the game does not deliver as advertised. This is why DayZ will ultimately fail. Rocket would be wise to remove the zeds, leave in the rest of the mechanics and just call the game Kill or Be Killed. It would no longer be a zombie survival game, but let's face it, it hasn't been that for several months now.

THERE WAS NO ADVERTISEMENT YOU FUCKING IDIOT!

The premise of the game is "1. Find supplies 2. Fight zombies or players (whether they're bandits or suvivors)."

Edited by frodevil

I think everyone who is against the sos gamestyle should band together and do something about it. Something similar to the Fort Friendly idea. Pick a server, pick a location, start a settlement, defend it, and the people who join you with your life.

Think of it like how the settlements in Fallout came to be. At first there was chaos, everyone killing everyone. Then people started to band together, working together for the common good.

Point is, this game is an open sandbox, you can do whatever you want! If you want to run around by yourself, then yeah, you're gonna need to be crazy defensive and shoot on sight, but that isnt the only option.

The only problem is that the shoot on sight is easy, any other option is hard, and most people are lazy.

Not only that the second option is hard, but the tools for it are limited, I mean think about what fortification tools we have. sandbags,c-wire, tanktraps, with given these tools you can't really make a very secure area unless its already secure like say devil's castle.

Edited by Orthus

it never had an 'original purpose' you twat, rocket said himself it was a social experiment. there is no " intended style of play".

go play hello kitty or something, i love this game

Finally someone who understands.

Zombies are not powerful enough, you know there are how many military bases on this island or whatever & the military got taken out with all their armour, aircraft, infantry & whatnot. Yet when we find a gun we can take out how many of them by ourselves. There is an abundance of food & arms & ammo so people really have no environmental way to die. And also if you do get a gun the zombies can't even hear it from that far away, you can just shoot from the bushes out of town at people & the zombies will just stand there. For how large the island is there should be WAY more zombies or there should be at least random hordes that consist of 100s of zombies roaming around. Also to make the zombies harder to kill make it headshot only.

This game is a lot better now. People helping each other out with zombies everywhere is the dumbest thing ever. Having more people=more mouths to feed. In a world where you need to scavange food. It's a dog eat dog world.

The people crying about bandits just can't handle it. This is not the type of game for you. I would ask you to kindly leave. Day z is being realistic.

Zombies are not powerful enough, you know there are how many military bases on this island or whatever & the military got taken out with all their armour, aircraft, infantry & whatnot. Yet when we find a gun we can take out how many of them by ourselves. There is an abundance of food & arms & ammo so people really have no environmental way to die. And also if you do get a gun the zombies can't even hear it from that far away, you can just shoot from the bushes out of town at people & the zombies will just stand there. For how large the island is there should be WAY more zombies or there should be at least random hordes that consist of 100s of zombies roaming around. Also to make the zombies harder to kill make it headshot only.

More zombies will make the game run slow. Im no expert on this stuff but im sure the more crap on the map the slower the game will be. II think rocket put something out that he rewrote some code to allow for more zombies but i might be wrong. Im sure rocket is working on cramming more zombies on the map tho.

I like the realistic bullet damage you shoot anything once in the head its more than likely dead. A shotgun to the body yeah they are done. I think the bullet damage is just fine. The damage the zombies do to you is realilistic too because its a punch. Could it be raised to make the game harder? sure.

Edited by LastPatriot

Everyone says "there's nothing stopping you from XYZ"

Yes, there is. Ever heard of a glass ceiling? People on top (bandits) and people with no foresight (common fanboy) don't see it, but those that try and rise up the ladder (decent players) find that the barrier to entry is this: You either play as a bandit or you go back to square one. DayZ does not allow survivors to setup fortifications, or clear out a city and take up defensive/sniper free positions. The best that can be done is players hole up in a small room and just wait for one of the griefers to turn their hacks on. No amount of intelligence and skill is going to counter a bandit with the artificial safe zone. YES that's the core issue: Bandits operate in a zombie free safe-zone with no worry about zombie, player, or even other bandit. I cannot count the number of times I've worked on the hill of Cherno with an AS50 and watched my group raid the hospital. I can't count the number of times I've made players think twice by shooting near them so they turn back. But I CAN count the numbers of times I've done so while having no fear of anything getting to me: Every time.

Bandits are the carebears because they want safe zones (they bitched HARD when the map exploit was fixed) and to be able to shoot without getting into danger (most would ragequit if the scoped rifles were gone).

I've been playing this game nearly from first release and i'm still not a bandit. I've never killed anyone who didn't fuck with me first, i've also only died to two bandits. It's all in how you play, if you don't want to be a bandit it's very easy not to be a bandit.

Everyone says "there's nothing stopping you from XYZ"

Yes, there is. Ever heard of a glass ceiling? People on top (bandits) and people with no foresight (common fanboy) don't see it, but those that try and rise up the ladder (decent players) find that the barrier to entry is this: You either play as a bandit or you go back to square one. DayZ does not allow survivors to setup fortifications, or clear out a city and take up defensive/sniper free positions. The best that can be done is players hole up in a small room and just wait for one of the griefers to turn their hacks on. No amount of intelligence and skill is going to counter a bandit with the artificial safe zone. YES that's the core issue: Bandits operate in a zombie free safe-zone with no worry about zombie, player, or even other bandit. I cannot count the number of times I've worked on the hill of Cherno with an AS50 and watched my group raid the hospital. I can't count the number of times I've made players think twice by shooting near them so they turn back. But I CAN count the numbers of times I've done so while having no fear of anything getting to me: Every time.

Bandits are the carebears because they want safe zones (they bitched HARD when the map exploit was fixed) and to be able to shoot without getting into danger (most would ragequit if the scoped rifles were gone).

So every bandit has to have a sniper and be near a city, camping?

I like to play as a bandit, but if I'm going to kill someone. I'm gonna be damn sure I can loot the corpse. Bandits aren't necessarily snipers killing for the fun of it. I would describe those people more as douchebags.

For example I like to seek out highly populated places like Stary Sobor or any airfields and engage people I see there. Chances are that they are alert and ready for a fight. They also probably have some good loot for me if I succeed in killing them. The thrill leading to/the fight itself gives you array of emotions I've never encountered in my gaming history.

Edited by Torby

That is what DayZ is happening. As you all know, pvp is becoming more so, shoot on sight. This is directed at the those who don't do the latter. You few people left who always try to desperately yell, "Friendly! Don't shoot!", and only get the response of a bullet to the brain, you will become bandits.

Yes. I am not kidding you. You WILL become bandits. Why? Because after being killed 5 more, 10 more, or 20 more times, you will realize there is no other way in DayZ anymore and that you must become a bandit, shoot on sight out of necessity. Don't cry about this, don't cry about how it ruins the immersion if its shoot on sight all the time. Don't cry period. Read on.

My point is DayZ is a rapidly changing game with a rapidly changing playerbase which calls for a rapid change in players' behavior. You can't be attached to your old ways. DayZ is changing, has always been changing, and there is nothing you can do about it. It's the way I think Rocket intended it to be.

You have to adapt to survive.

I have to disagree. Id say this is your only option should you choose to play alone. Once you join a clan/group your not nearly as vulnerable.

Rocket is trying to play on peoples feelings in this game. You're supposed to feel paranoia, anger, happiness, shock, etc. Going around killing NPC's offer very little emotional response. You're killing something that won't feel anything when it dies. It will get mundane really fast.

Well, he's failed on that front too (for me anyway). I haven't felt or experienced emotions in this game that I haven't felt in others. I also am not the type to take pleasure in making another players game experience a bad one. Knowing that I just made some derp on the other end of the line angry/sad etc. doesn't thrill me in the least.

Great concept for a game but very poor execution (and no I don't buy into the whole anti-game/social experiment line either - what a load of crap that is.)

I've said it before and I'll say it again - remove the Zombies from DayZ and the game remains the same. It will only be successful if he concentrates on feeding the mindless PvP addicts. Marketing it as anything less than FFA PvP is utterly dishonest.

I'll be keeping an eye on it as the concept still interests me, but I have little faith it will change much from its current state if the issues aren't addressed.

Edited by Etropalld

Shoot on sight and banditry are what would happen if civilization fell. It just means this game IS realistic.

Have you guys really played any other ARMA mods or the original Operation Flashpoint game? It's a military simulation. Someone is supposed to be getting shot at. If its not that then its covert operations and destroying things without causing fire fights.

The cool thing about Dayz is how it approaches these inevitable conflicts. Look at the community! They are making gangs, clans, groups filled with medics, mercenaries and such! If you ask me...Dayz is one of the most successful mods because it pulls in more than just avid milsim fans.

I feel like not everyone understands how this game works and why. It seems like many expect this game to be something completely different just because it has zombies in it. I feel like the only thing that needs polish is the game mechanics and perhaps some more purpose or goal in the game. Missions involving supplying provisions to outposts. NPCs might not be a bad idea. It gives Bandits and Survivors things to do. Survivors attempt missions and Bandits ambush them.

People on this forum talk about bandits and survivors as if they are two different groups. Banditry is just another way to survive. I think you guys need to go watch The Road Warrior. 3 factions are represented. People with a fortress just trying to build a life, Bandits, and the lone drifter out for himself. All of us fall into one of those groups.

This game gives bandits and drifters everything they need. People trying to build a society in a walled off fortress aren't supported as of yet.

People on this forum talk about bandits and survivors as if they are two different groups. Banditry is just another way to survive. I think you guys need to go watch The Road Warrior. 3 factions are represented. People with a fortress just trying to build a life, Bandits, and the lone drifter out for himself. All of us fall into one of those groups.

This game gives bandits and drifters everything they need. People trying to build a society in a walled off fortress aren't supported as of yet.

I wish building society was supported

I don't know, it depends.

I can't be friendly when someone is pointing the gun at me, come on.

You know what just had happend to me today?

I was driving in a bus with some of my people I play with and we saw a guy laying on the middle of the road near Belota Airfield, actually in the Medical Camp.

He was laying prone on the road turning around like crazy turning his flashlight on and off.

We didn't help him, we just drove past him but after 300 meters we stopped and get out of the bus.

We surrounded him from distance and what did we see? A sniper behind a treeline waiting for someone to come help this guy.

We killed them both, they were either working together or sniper just got the guy, both were armed with nice stuff and a lot of supplies.

The point is - YOU NEVER KNOW what is going to happen, we do not shoot friendly people but sometimes it's just pure luck you are alive and yet you don't even know that.

Edited by PixelatedBartek

You need to have an upside for picking survivor. Bandit can kill anything, what is the point of being a survivor?

You have to give them something that the bandits cant have otherwise there is no downside to picking bandit.

Better starting gear? Survivor starts with a winchester, or 1911 (or w/e), larger pack, 2 units of food, 2 units of water, and either a epipen, blood bag, or morphine. Two of those, randomly.

And survivors spawn anywhere on the map, randomly, outside of the larger cities, and airfields. I say this as a precaution for bandits waiting on the coastline for medical supplies to "spawn"

Survivors can only kill bandits. (Bandits can kill bandits, and survivors) If you murder 2 or more people, you become a bandit, and you get the dead bodies fly sound ALL THE TIME.

Better yet.

Bandits spawn in high population areas..given an algorithm can be put together to track player and zombie activity around the map. They spawn with a mid tier weapon, and ammo, but no food, water, or ANY medical supplies.

And medical supplies. ALL of them, including bandages..only spawn in tents, hospitals, and barns?

This would make things interesting. Well, I think so at least, I mean..i'm not a mod designer or anything. :/

Edited by DirkDeadeye

Shoot on sight and banditry are what would happen if civilization fell. It just means this game IS realistic.

Utter bullshit unless you haven't read the evolution of man or you are into some cult, like Christianity. :D

People build clans, tribes etc, they then fight each other .. and the more people they are the more they cooperate and lock, sociopaths behind bars.

I'm not doing that shtick. I'm gonna be that guy that comes out of nowhere with a helicopter and picks peeps up and whatever.

When I first spawn, I run around like a newb agro'ing zeds and then losing los.

Once I find a hatchet, I get a little more stealthy.. but I'm still not too concerned if I take a hit or 4.

Once I find an Alice pack, a Compass and a proper sidearm, I get a tad more cautious..

Once I find a primary that I'm happy with, I will begrudgingly pack away my axe into my toolbelt..

Until that moment, I couldn't give a shit if I live or die..

Once I'm geared up, I will join up with my squad or even just creep around and watch things..

But you can't change the way I think about this game, Mr. Bandit... I adapt to the way the game works and I play it the way I *want* to play it..

;)

Edited by Cyanyde