Sign in to follow this  
Helbrecht88

Best example of Instant Karma I've ever seen.

Alright. First of all, I'd like to give credit to the sniper who managed to kill my 3-man group from what I could only assume was an ungodly distance, judging from the fact that I dropped to the ground 1.5-2 seconds before hearing his rifle fire. Unrelated, perhaps, but it's the reason I respawned and am able to tell you the story for which I've created the topic.

I respawned in Cherno, reasonably nearby a friend, and went out to the pier, checking what little there was out there for anything useful. We eventually linked up on the pier, and like an idiot, I was waving my flashlight around, because I didn't have any glowsticks / road flares. We got past the zombies on the way off the pier, when suddenly, I got shot. Again. At first, I didn't know where from, but it was a pretty short-range shot, and it was a one hit kill. So, yet again, I had to respawn. Upon respawn cycling a couple of times in an attempt to spawn where my friend still was (he hadn't been shot), I was successful.

We made our way over to the crane at the Cherno docks we were fairly certain the shot had come from (my assailant had thrown a road flare from up there shortly before killing me), and prior to climbing the ladder in a desperate attempt for revenge, I noticed a corpse at the bottom of the ladder. Upon further inspection, his gear contained a CZ550, a good bit of medical supplies, and enough spare mags and food to get me a good distance.

Long story short, dude shot me, then shortly after, fell off the tower, and now I have his gear. Whoever you are, thanks for the rifle. Had your misguided necessity to kill the unarmed not reared its ugly head, you might still be alive. But it did. And you're not. And I thank you for it.

• Like 1

I'm confused, why is this frowned upon?

Because you missed the ENTIRE point of the game.

Because you missed the ENTIRE point of the game.

The point of the game is to survive, no? Survival is easier when in groups. I expedited the process of getting back into a group. The end.

did your group die in stary sobor?

Just north of Prigorodky, if I remember correctly. We were picking up another friend from near the coast.

theres a set of big water towers or barrels with ladders at the end of cherno pier, on the east side. Upon trying to use the ladder to get back down one of these things, i was launched 30 feet forward off the top of it and died.

Just a warning, ladders may sometimes launch you to your death.

• Like 1

theres a set of big water towers or barrels with ladders at the end of cherno pier, on the east side. Upon trying to use the ladder to get back down one of these things, i was launched 30 feet forward off the top of it and died.

Just a warning, ladders may sometimes launch you to your death.

Huh. Thankfully, I've never run into one of those. Thanks for the heads-up, though.

He has done nothing wrong with the respawn ... hes not server hopping or duping like half of you pos people that flame everything under the sun ..... that being said respawn is being removed so get used to walking.

After my 4 man group took out a 5 man group in Elektro, getting all kinds of AKs, m16s all kinds of crazy shit like that after killin em with winchesters n pistoles, we assumed they hacked so we went to a different server right after we pwned em, respawned in the hay field outside of elektro, we were all IMMEDIATLY sniped on spawn, none of us lived all that good loot gone in 5 seconds, ended up spawning in elektro tried to get back to our boddies to see a group of 10 fucking people raping all of us, ended up shooting me too :\ it was my first time aquiring military grade shit too

can still just run face first into bushes or get a pack of zombies.

Doesn't break any mechanics as far as the game is concerned you are jsut a terribad survivior to die to 15 zombies 1 minute in.