kingoscar1

Just got shot, unarmed.

You are not entitle to it, either. You just are lucky that the circumstances allow you to do that, otherwise, you have as much chances of blasting the guy as getting blasted yourself.

Of course I am entitled to it, my gun entitles me. In the DayZ world the bigger your gun the more power you have generally. It's the wrong place at the wrong time for someone around when I'm looting if they're unarmed, have fun respawning. That's how the game should and will remain, not mindlessly sitting on a cliff killing freshies when they come back.

Also yes, it happens to me too, one guy saw me behind him a bit in a field just outside Elektro, he didn't shoot me (I was unarmed). The second I set foot into the fire station and was about to pick myself a Lee Enflied up off the ground, he blew my brains out, the way it should work.

Edited by Aeia

Why did they remove morphing from the game? There doesn't seem to be any reason not to kill everyone you see now, but having never played when morphing existed I don't know why it was changed, I'd really like to be a bandit hunter, but with no way of identifying a bandit, that's kind of hard.

oh boohoo

In other news, today me and a friend were unarmed in Elektro running around the church being tailed by zombies and out of the blue appears another Player who starts shooing the Zeds with his double barrel. Didn't say anything on comms. Just saved us and disappeared mysteriously.

So fucking get over it.

Like I said, only the circumstances of the encounter allowed you to get to the gun first and get rid of competition. You are not any more entitled to it than the other guy, gun or no gun.

If you were crawling under a fence you can't just assume he could see clearly you didn't have a weapon. Paranoia gets the best of people, he may have thought you were trying to get a shot on him or at least following him. You should have scouted the airfield, noticed him, and waited for him to move on before heading in. Play the game as if you have something to loose. Too many folks pretend they're completely innocent of any wrong doing simply because they weren't holding a weapon when they were shot. Maybe you were getting too close for comfort, there were loose weapons on the ground and he was worried about getting shot in the back. I've seen this happen, let someone without a weapon get too close to you and they may find one and try to kill you with it. He had the advantage at the moment, he didn't want the situation to turn around on him 2 minutes from then when you find an AK. The two of you were competing over the same spawns, that's reason enough.

Don't get me wrong it's entirely possible you were shot by someone who just likes to shoot other players. However, those players typically don't make it inland or last very long anyways.

Like I said, only the circumstances of the encounter allowed you to get to the gun first and get rid of competition. You are not any more entitled to it than the other guy, gun or no gun.

That is exactly how it'll work in a real life apocalypse. Today I was at Stary with one friend, I'm the lookout, I see two guys running from quite far away towards the area, I kill both of them, why? Because they're a threat. gun or not (they had guns anyway but no need to bring it in to this point). In real life, you are not going to just 'accept' people to your group, unless your group is the one that's on the brink of death and you have no choice. It's a lot easier to not accept new people than it is to accept them.

I already had a gun before I went to look for loot, but it again wouldn't matter either. First come first serve on DayZ, and I was the first one to get there, and first one to serve their death.

Shot an unarmed man once. We were walking in the middle of a field north of Green Mountain (stupid right?) when we spotted him. Prone, we continued to watch him because we couldn't get up to reveal our position. He was running right toward us. At our distance, I couldn't tell if he was armed with a pistol or not, but he seemed compeltely ignorant to our presence. Eventually he got too close (100ish meters) and I sprayed him a little bit with my m249 and he went down. I realized he was unarmed when we checked his body.

I felt bad. If I had known that he was unarmed, I would have let him go.