L0G!N (DayZ)

FULL Medical / First aid

These are all valid realistic changes, but it might just be too realistic. You should probably keep tabs on this thread and keep track of the most popular revisions, maybe put them in bold or something. I definitely can see at least a bunch of your suggestions being implemented, you're just going to have to cherry pick the best ones.

Maybe the best approach to a revival timer would be to implement a system where the probability of revival decreases by 0,5-1% every second. The starting probability would be 50-60% for a player hit in the torso and 100% for a player hit in the limbs only, thus giving other players a varying window of opportunity to revive the victim.

• Like 1

I definitely can see at least a bunch of your suggestions being implemented, you're just going to have to cherry pick the best ones.

Please be aware that this is a compilation thread! So not all the suggestions in the OP are entirely mine, credit should also go to anyone that posted a thread about any of the suggestions listed :)

@Scotty, there are atleast 2 threads about revival, if you could be so kind to find them using search ('defibrilator' should turn up atleast one) and continue your thought process there ;)

I had a thought while my girlfriend was taking some painmeds, I know im weird :P.

But alot of painkillers on the market are also bloodthinners (for example, Kodimagnyl, aspirin, ibuprofen). So maybe add different types of painkillers to the game, and while under the influence of some of them, you will bleed more if you're shot, gashed and whatnot. But there should of course also be some painkillers like Pamol, Panodil etc, which will just work as a mild painreliever without the blood thinning effect ? Just a thought :).

I had a thought while my girlfriend was taking some painmeds, I know im weird :P.

But alot of painkillers on the market are also bloodthinners (for example, Kodimagnyl, aspirin, ibuprofen). So maybe add different types of painkillers to the game, and while under the influence of some of them, you will bleed more if you're shot, gashed and whatnot. But there should of course also be some painkillers like Pamol, Panodil etc, which will just work as a mild painreliever without the blood thinning effect ? Just a thought :).

I think that's really pushing it...in the end it's about surviving amidst zombies and against other human players. Adding multiple varieties of painkillers seems like a liiiiittle bit too much attention to detail, don't you think? ;)

SO MUCH MEDS, SO LITTLE SPACE!

Just a little over the top in realism IMO.

Just a little? Does this guy want the mod to become a combat medic zombie simulator? My question is, why were female character and their periods left out?

I want allergies. People should be getting sea sick on boats. Characters should be randomly allergic to different things like gun powder.

Hemorrhoids, people riding on ATVs, bikes and motorcycles should get hemorrhoids. This mod can not be complete without maxipads, tampons, midol and preparation H.

Edited by LunaTiK

^LOL

Person 1-"Okay, let's go! What are you waiting for?!"

Person 2-"I forgot to grab tampons at the hospital, okay?! Just wait!"

Person 3-(to person 2) "What's her deal? Why is she just standing there?"

Person 2-"She's on her period..."

Person 1-"SHUT THE HELL UP ASSWIPE!"

hahaha [/sarcasm] , i pretty much already answered Quaby in relation to his concerns, so read that and have your pre-teen humor elsewhere please :)

Jeez man what a buzzkill....if I can't make immature jokes on the dayZ forums, where can I?

Edited by Quaby
  • Like 1

I reckon this is really good, did have couple of differences in thought though.

tbh i always thought you are dead is dead, and that it would cool to have some kind of revive/defib system but only for peeps at uber low health, that even if you bandaged someone of say less 500 blood, you would still need a defib to revive them. (although irl the problem isnt related to blood, tis just a symbol XD)

Also addiction has been a one ive considered but been wary about implementation. That morale thread that i posted on your other thread was interesting because it gave mechanics that developed in game relationships. And scientifically speaking, addiction has been shown to be primarily caused by emotional deprivation. It be interesting if the game managed to reflect this.

Also i started a lil thread on group activities/objectives: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/45284-control-old-industry/

was wondering if ye had any thoughts on specific conditions that could be introduced that would require use of more advanced stationary equipment. Not for the vast majority of injuries, but an excuse to use/occupy the hospital (seeing as ye seem to have done quite a bit of browsing on this topic already XD)

Edited by 3rdParty

Just a little? Does this guy want the mod to become a combat medic zombie simulator? My question is, why were female character and their periods left out?

I want allergies. People should be getting sea sick on boats. Characters should be randomly allergic to different things like gun powder.

Hemorrhoids, people riding on ATVs, bikes and motorcycles should get hemorrhoids. This mod can not be complete without maxipads, tampons, midol and preparation H.

^LOL

Person 1-"Okay, let's go! What are you waiting for?!"

Person 2-"I forgot to grab tampons at the hospital, okay?! Just wait!"

Person 3-(to person 2) "What's her deal? Why is she just standing there?"

Person 2-"She's on her period..."

Person 1-"SHUT THE HELL UP ASSWIPE!"

silence ye space invaders!

Edited by 3rdParty

@Quaby, there is the general forum and likely some other forum as well, heck there are some silly threads showing up in the suggestion forum as well at time, though most of the pee&poo jokes have already been made, so you would have to be fairly creative ... this thread though tries to be somewhat serious and gather 'all' the medical suggestions that could have some merrit for the game, once i start adding in the links to the individual threads, and also notice which topics have hardly been discussed it could cull the numbers of dubble threads (which is ultimatly my aim) and reduce the medical threads to truely new suggestions, if there are any left :/ ... The OP will hopefully also become more elaborate as I finish my 'Full Physical' thread, i just need more time to type everything ;) ... and while I like the occational 'bumb' to this thread to keep it on the first page, i rather have it being intelligent feedback or concerns, which can improve the OP or clarify some of it :) ... if you can do that in a humorous way, that doesn't involve rediculing the effort, than please do so as i like a laugh as much as the next person...

Edited by L0GIN

If you are on a crusade to clean the DayZ forums, I will gladly help you, but the main problem is that the people with 3 total posts who just made the account to bitch about bandits spams down all the good suggestions to page 10. Maybe just having a dedicated team for getting rid of duplicates would be a part of the solution. Also, on the medical thing, maybe a thing would be to make it so a lot of advanced medical procedures(transfusions) required you to be in a hospital to perform, like a bunch of little rooms inside the hospital where you can do transfusions and whatnot. And also add mini-clinics to prevent hospital swarming :)

• Like 1

@Quaby, you should add those to the thread that 3rdParty linked, as he seemed interested in more ideas regarding the Hospitals, I think they may be good ideas, but some go further than the 'medical sollutions to physical problems' this thread is about ;) :)

I am completely serious, I really believe maxipads/tampons should be in the game. I think that's the best suggestion this thread has spawned.

I am completely serious, I really believe maxipads/tampons should be in the game. I think that's the best suggestion this thread has spawned.

i have many suggestions for you, but i believe peeps would rather this thread be a calm discussion soo ill stay on topic

If you are on a crusade to clean the DayZ forums, I will gladly help you, but the main problem is that the people with 3 total posts who just made the account to bitch about bandits spams down all the good suggestions to page 10. Maybe just having a dedicated team for getting rid of duplicates would be a part of the solution. Also, on the medical thing, maybe a thing would be to make it so a lot of advanced medical procedures(transfusions) required you to be in a hospital to perform, like a bunch of little rooms inside the hospital where you can do transfusions and whatnot. And also add mini-clinics to prevent hospital swarming :)

yup methinks this too, the ability to fortify buildings and use the facilities inside them to strengthen your group or serve as a power base on the sever should be introduced. The hospital could be just on of such targets due to the facilities and supplies it holds.

Edited by 3rdParty

Added the already 2x appeared 'minecraft'-way to regenerate/replenish blood/HP, aka when full on food&hydration one regenerates HP...

I would like to voice my support for SOME kind of blood regeneration. Albeit it should indeed be VERY slow (It's always WAY too fast in games) it should at least exist. Much like how you heal over time in real life. But obviously much faster. I think 2/hp a mind is okay though maybe a tad too slow? Maybe like 4 or 5? Meaning if you get hit a couple of times by a zombie (500 dmg total?) you're okay within about an hour of play.

As for the 'minecraft' verison, I think full hydration and hunger should HELP regenerate faster, but one should ALWAYS at least regenerate some. Even if only at 1bp/min.

Edited by Yatagan

I would like to voice my support for SOME kind of blood regeneration. Albeit it should indeed be VERY slow (It's always WAY too fast in games) it should at least exist. Much like how you heal over time in real life. But obviously much faster. I think 2/hp a mind is okay though maybe a tad too slow? Maybe like 4 or 5? Meaning if you get hit a couple of times by a zombie (500 dmg total?) you're okay within about an hour of play.

As for real life blood replenisment rates: 550 ml of blood takes ~3 days for lost plasma and ~36 days for red blood cells to recover.

If this would be implemented to the game results are following:

12000 blood points are average equivalent of 5 litres of blood in human body. So 2400 points is 1 litre.

Based on the the research 550 ml (1320 blood points) of lost blood replenishes in 51840 minutes (36d x 24h x 60 min).

So realistic blood point recovery rate is 1 point in ~40 minutes of game time.

Quite sure that if there will be any regeneration system it will be faster than this. My own preferance is slow healing, maybe 1 point per minute, possibly more if in good nutrition and water status. This means that in 8 hours of game time you will recover 480 points. And thats over two precious can of beans for free.

I love this idea so much, how ever you never mentioned the drawbacks with an addiction? Like what will happen if you do not consume the product you are addicted too? Blurred vision/fading color like with low blood or should there be some other side effect?

I love this idea so much, how ever you never mentioned the drawbacks with an addiction? Like what will happen if you do not consume the product you are addicted too? Blurred vision/fading color like with low blood or should there be some other side effect?

Good point, well IRL i think it starts with itching, then twitching, then crawling up like a baby and screaming you need a fix, uncontrolled agression tends to come along with it too... not sure which of those could be realized within the game

OP updated to include addiction consequences, and some of the things mentioned in the quote below, that was made in the 'full physical'-thread. The biggest addition by far is dealing with 'BURNING'!

Whenever you get hurt, Maximum health lowers and health regeneration lowers, But obviously there is no Health regen.you need certain items to cure different things. like a gunshot wound, knife to dig it out, antiseptic, and stitch. burns, leaches, broken bones, and cuts need to be catered to or maximum health will go down, Broken bones make you slower but not crawl. although this method will be very tough on the noobies and lots of people wont have room for stuff.

Edited by L0GIN

For sure its allllll great idea. But for the rocket team it will be realy HARD to create this.

And after all yes its a like in real life game, but, if it become too real and its just similar to your life, why don't take a ball and play oustide?

But...

PS: My english is not realy good thanks for understanding that,

. . . Oh god.

If this gets put in, we`re going to have to actually learn how to do things. :(

Seriously though, nice post. A bit complex for my taste, but that may be just me.

Edited in, didn`t want to double post.

Good point, well IRL i think it starts with itching, then twitching, then crawling up like a baby and screaming you need a fix, uncontrolled agression tends to come along with it too... not sure which of those could be realized within the game

Make people look like aggro`d zombies. That`d make people quite aggressive.

Edited by Tarkastio