Sign in to follow this  
DJKhaled

For the millionth time magazines are NOT clips!

MdfOa.jpg = MAGAZINE

tE9gW.jpg = MAGAZINE

PAaS0.jpg = CLIP

FbUyC.jpg = ROUND/CARTRIDGE

B4pKL.jpg = BULLET

Stop calling everything a clip and referring to a round as a bullet

Thank you for your time

• Like 4

nit picks!!!!!!!!!!!!

but ya, thanks for the info.. still think it's not a big deal though :p lol

• Like 1

If I have 5 rounds left for my pistol, and I say I have 5 bullets, that's correct, unless I've been shot and am storing extra bullets in my body that I haven't accounted for. So I'm probably gonna keep calling them whatever springs to mind.

MdfOa.jpg = MAGAZINE

tE9gW.jpg = MAGAZINE

PAaS0.jpg = CLIP

FbUyC.jpg = ROUND/CARTRIDGE

B4pKL.jpg = BULLET

Stop calling everything a clip and referring to a round as a bullet

Thank you for your time

haha, i feel your pain brother. unfortunately its probably in vain. after all of my years as a competitive shooter, us army, and weapons instructor... general population still wont get it. there just isnt that respect for weapons, because most of the kids on this game have never had the great experience to handle/fire any of them.

With regards to the game, why is this an actual problem again? Or is it just a pet peeve sort of thing...

• Like 1

It's odd that people don't also refer to trucks, tractors, and buses as cars. Wonder why that is.

Well actually guys you're all wrong. The quantum molecular structure of the bullet requires that the gas in front hence therefore is forced out of the muzzle, meaning that the integrity of the air in front is compromised of both matter, and a form of powder that is a prerequisite of the inner workings of the muzzle flash, causing a chain reaction when it enters of exits the chamber.

Trust me I'm with science.

• Like 1

Not another one of these threads.

Thanks! It's actually nice to know.

heh, I came hear thinking it would be something useful like a loudness chart or range, power etc. But really who gives a shit? If someone calls a round a bullet just shoot them with a shotgun, that is if you have 'bullets' (sic)

Obvious troll is obvious...

But he's right you, although no one cares.

Thing is...

...it dun't matter.

I like computers, doesn't mean I go around correcting people when they get the internet and the world wide web mixed up.

The people who preach this shit are more stupid then the people they are preaching to. At the point where you are getting angry over semantics, you need to give yourself a good looking-over.

Context invented for a reason, use it ffs.

First names get switched for convenience, "clip" is shorter than "magazine". Second ones get switched because every other part of the round is (not counting accidents) harmless.

Arma2 doesn't have magazines, every weapon uses clips that look like magazines. Until you can hang onto your empty magazines and find boxes of rounds to refill them with (even more so: hang onto spent cartridges and reload those too), I'm gonna call them clips, because it's more accurate. Your move.

its cuz evvery one from CoD came here and says everything is a CLIP >.< *stabs self in face*

Arma2 doesn't have magazines' date=' every weapon uses clips that look like magazines. Until you can hang onto your empty magazines and find boxes of rounds to refill them with (even more so: hang onto spent cartridges and reload those too), I'm gonna call them clips, because it's [i']more accurate. Your move.

You do know that a magazine is not simply a magazine by virtue of the fact that it can be reloaded, right?

Dropping an empty magazine on the ground does not make it a stripper clip, and reloading an emptied stripper clip does not make it a magazine. I'm not sure why you'd think or posit otherwise, but it's certainly not more accurate -- it's just incorrect.

look at me, I know lots about guns in real life hurrdy durrdy.

honestly, who cares, I knew which each was, but I honestly couldnt care what others refer to them as. if somebody says I have a lee enfield mag in here... Im going to know what they mean.

its just being pedantic for the sake of it to make yourself feel big. its entirely irrelevant, and in the real apocalypse, you are the guy we shoot 'accidentally' for being annoying.

• Like 2

I bear with the OP. Lots of people crazily obsessed with guns in games/movies calling out bullshit about how weapons work based on their virtual experience. My most favorite #1 retarded "fact" is that a whole damn round travels to your target instead of just a bullet. Saw it so many times in movies :D