Sign in to follow this  
PixelPopper

Hackers forcing me to wait for full version.

I was about 450 Z's killed with my brother wondering around Chernarus having a great time. I came across another survivor his name was ripburger. He just broke his leg going down stairs to fast, he was low on blood and bleeding. My brother and I picked him up saved him and asked him if he would like to join us. He said he was a new player and could use the help. So we went up north heading to the airfield looking for crashes along the way. I was just about to ask him what his Skype was so we could join him again when a hacker spawned everyone on the server onto a roof in cherno killing everyone...

This isn't our first experience with hackers. Most of the time i will just see people with thermal sites and gillie suits taking pop shots from the hills, but tonight's actions just ruined it for me.

The entire point of the game is to survive, make connections and immerse yourself into this world. Well I was surviving doing well not killing people on sight making friends along the way because of it and losing all interest because of a hacker. I guess i shouldn't be surprised because that's how all games are. It wouldn't be such a big deal if i could get into contact with ripburger again ang get my gear back from everything prior to this happening. So I wouldn't have to start over and waist another 4 or more hours just to resume where we left off.

So i will say this. This game is great. I follow every little detail about it but i wont be playing anymore until i know its safe from hackers.

Edited by PixelPopper

This is exactly what the hackers want, though. Don't give in. Besides, what most people seem to forgot, is that we aren't actually here to play the mod. We are here to test the mod.No, I'm not trying to give you some "it's just an alpha" excuse. It happens with every game. Whether it be a Beta, an Alpha or whatever, people forget that they are there to test, and not to play. Hackers allow the people at Battleye to improve their anti-hacker software.

You know what these threads do? They validate the hackers.

If you think full version or standalone is going to be clean of hackers, You are DEAD WRONG.Arma engine is all about ''spawning'' things.Which makes it extremely easy for hackers to spawn stuff.

If you think full version or standalone is going to be clean of hackers, You are DEAD WRONG.Arma engine is all about ''spawning'' things.Which makes it extremely easy for hackers to spawn stuff.

well if this happens in the full version i guess i wont be playing that either.

So the full version is going to magically have less hackers? Sorry mate. It will probably get better, but hackers will always be around.

Edited by Sticker704

I meet hacker only once in a month and died to him. For me everything seems fine. But im in EU

You must be plaing on American servers :P *Trollface*

Edited by evkol001

Which makes it extremely easy for hackers to spawn stuff.

Why can't they just be satisfied with spawning in each others throats?

http://de.twitch.tv/...nzo/b/326047090

me, losing my character with 50 cal, nv, rangefinder, coyote backpack, all tools and ghillie live on stream :) def. not gonna play until the hacking problem is fixed, if its fixable tho ;)

if not, ill rather try out WarZ

It's not going to get fixed.That's the problem.You can't fix hacking problem with this joke of a game engine.There wasn't hacking problem before because arma 2 wasn't popular enough.

I think you miss some technical part. At this moment DayZ has no use of arma 2 engine code. And Arma2 engine code is binarized, it's packed and requires sever reverse engineering to penetrate it's security. DayZ is a mod, it's not binarized, it's a side code which is run along with the game. If you open up the arma2oa.exe process memory with some tool, you would be able to see READABLE dayz code, readable scripts. If you succed in disabling BattleEye after you connected to a server then you can use another tool to inject hackers script into DayZ code. That's how present hack work.

If Rocket gets his hand on his own version of the arma2 engine, then he can binarize his DayZ core codes inside the engine. No readable and easily changabe scripts in process memory. If some freaking hacker reverses the executable and get pointers to the memory to hack it, next patch changes all pointers completely, hackers need to reverse engineer it back again hardly.

So, present hacks, are simple injections to a not very protected mod technology. When DayZ gets standalone and is binarized, hacking will be severely decreased and easily fixed if happenned.

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail
  • Like 1

Try and find a server with an admin that cares, it helps a lot. There seems to be a huge difference in amount of hackers from server to server.

It's not going to get fixed.That's the problem.You can't fix hacking problem with this joke of a game engine.There wasn't hacking problem before because arma 2 wasn't popular enough.

thats why im not gonna try DayZ on Arma 3, i respect its an alpha, and pretty good for an alpha, but to be honest, battleeye isnt the most experienced and capable fish in the pond.

by the way...nice banner and avatar, deus ex hr is my fav. game 2011 ;)

• Like 1

thats why im not gonna try DayZ on Arma 3, i respect its an alpha, and pretty good for an alpha, but to be honest, battleeye isnt the most experienced and capable fish in the pond.

by the way...nice banner and avatar, deus ex hr is my fav. game 2011 ;)

Oh somone that likes Deus EX HR.Have my beans sir.

Sadly your option is not playing and waiting for Rocket's stand-alone, SP, or THe War Z... Arma2 has been plagued with hackers forever

I disagree with the last part, Arma2 has lots of hacking issues without DayZ mod.

Edited by walkerbait421

Oh somone that likes Deus EX HR.Have my beans sir.

Is that rare?

I thought it was a great game. Almost as good as the original.

I've not yet had any negative experience with hackers so if they truly do exist (they obviously do) then they are rare.

Is that rare?

I thought it was a great game. Almost as good as the original.

It was sadly underrated :(