spofny

Eating, drinking, eating & then drinking some more

Anyone else feel the food intake cycle does not really correspond well to the day/night cycle? In this game you have to eat and drink like twice every hour. Realistically the players should look like sumo wrestlers after a while, regardless of how many kilometers they run.. :P

That is actually a valid point to shorten the day/night cycle a bit.

The idea is probably that as a survivor constantly under the pressure of dying a horrible death by CZ bullet, zombie teeth, ladder fall or freezing to death coupled with walking a daily 15 kms puts a bit of a strain on your stomach.

But yeah, eating needs in DayZ could be reduced. That said there is plenty of food and soda lying around in most towns.

No, If ran around like crazy and got by only on baked beans (1 meager can is not an equivalent of a proper dinner) you'd need to eat as often.

The system is working well, don't tinker with perfectly good ideas.

I never even contemplated this.

If you feel like you're eating too much maybe you should try walking more instead of running/sprinting.

Well, I've run around like crazy in the woods many times when doing orienteering and still only ate three meals per day.

I'd settle for having to eat/drink like once every two hours in game, but 48 cans of beans (and an equal number of Pepsi cans) per day is simply way too much. Especially in a game where everything else is pretty much true to life.

Yup it's running so well that i've discovered that an human can eat 3 cows in a day...

Jokes apart, it should be fixed really, actually the food is more likely the energy in a traditional videogame, and it puts down the realism.

I'll have to pay more attention the next time I play.

One thing I do is when I'm scavenging and not in a real hurry to get in and out I'll eat food as I find it. Even if my bar is barely red, it keeps me from going into my "stockpiles" in my bag and keeps my inventory slots open.

So reduce need to eat but also reduce food spawn rates... should make it more realistic while preserving the need for players to always be searching for food and water.

IF this game was supposed to be uber real, then pepsi cans and pasta wouldnt randonly appear in houses that only had zombies near them.

the constant nitpicking is actually the problem. im all for giving suggestions, but they cant just be based on what pissed you off or screwed you over that day.

You have to eat and drink a lot...and there is a lot of water and food...

Whats the problem again?

I think the rate at which you get hungry should be a lot slower if you consume cooked food, than cold..