Sign in to follow this  
noguro

fn fal vs. bison

hi!

I really cannot decide. between the two guns. for the bison I've got 5 mags and for the fal only 2.

what would you take?

why?

thanks in advance for your help!!z

Personally I opted for the Bizon when I was in the same situation. My reasoning was that I pretty much never engage other players unless it's with my AS50 and because of that I decided that the silencer on the Bizon would be very useful as I would only ever be using the gun on zombies. Now if you think you will be wanting to kill people with either the Bizon or the FAL then the FAL is a clear winner as the Bizon is just too weak.

• Like 2

Bizon is fine for multi purpose, BUT if you have a pistol already, and thats for zeds, the FN FAL is by far a better a better PVP weapon. I've been rocking the FN FAL for maybe 4-5 days now and the accuracy/damage is outstanding and I love the sights on it for CH:Off.

• Like 1

neither if it were me, i hate both guns...pvp wise, if i had to choose, the fal...if its just against zombies...i'd rather take my revolver or M1911, hell even a M9SD...i just dislike the bizon personally, plus i only come across them at heli crash sites, and have never seen ammo for it anywhere else besides heli crash site. fn fal ammo are easier to find.

Can't you take both? Most backpacks can easily hold weapons + ammo + supplies. I am actually rocking 3 weapons with a coyote backpack, and I'm doing just fine on ammo/supplies (I have atleast 2 mags for each gun, 2 drinks, 2 meat steaks, 2 morphines, 2 painkillers).

silenced(very low dmg) vs zombie

no silenced(big dmg) vs players

with silenced vs players need only headshot

Edited by shtirlizlive

We have a player with a Bison that we use to kill Zeds when we don't want to give out our location.

Hmm totally different guns. Depends really on your play style. I prefer to be stealthy so the Bizon is the way to go, plus ammo replenishes when you log back on, so....FN FAL is good, but too loud (attracts both players AND infected) and has crappy iron sights. So in the end I have to say Bizon as for me it turned out to be a very handy gun and can kill with one shot if you aim for the head.

Very different weapons really, the FN FAL will be great for range, damage and accuracy. But that Bizon can be just as deadly purely because the silencer would confuse the hell out of many players... but you would need to be fairly close.

Be tempted by the Bizon if it had 5 magazines certainly, good for popping Zeds also. FN FAL ammo is annoyingly pretty rare right now until you can take 7.62 rounds from other magazines. *hint hint rocket*

Edited by -lOldBoyl-

I'd go the Bizon but look for a MP5SD6.

Meh, the MP5SD6 is not better in any way over the bison, I think it even got a smaller clip.

If you want a better silenced weapon get an M4A1 CCO SD, does more damage and silenced and the ammo is still pretty common.

Between the FN Fal and the Bison I would choose the FAL, just a much better rifle in a world where zombies are not much a threat.

Meh, the MP5SD6 is not better in any way over the bison, I think it even got a smaller clip.

In defense of the MPPSD, the ammo is very plentiful. Always find millions of magazines for it at places like Stary Sobor.

Edited by -lOldBoyl-

In defense of the MPPSD, the ammo is very plentiful. Always find millions of magazines for it at places like Stary Sobor.

You have more luck then me then, I rarely find enough magazines to keep using the gun, even with the log out bug still sometimes replenishing my ammo.

thanks for your opinions!

I think I prefer the fal, but I will run around with both the next time I play to test them.

Is it right, that you find both ammo types exclusively at heli crashsites?

best

I used a bizon for a while, extremely useful against zombies, just aim the for head and its one shot kill and if you need to shoot alot it doesnt matter because they can't hear it. on the other hand if you run into a player you better have that thing on full auto. just make sure to reload before one of your magazines runs out, because the game auto replenishes half empty magazines the next time you log in.

I wouldnt know, I had a night vision Fal the other day, put it in a tent as its pretty useless without a set of NV Goggs, and what do you know, Our tents have dissappeared. Gonna check see if they are back today

Edited by nufcmickey

2 weapons you can simply not compare.

As thay are 2 different weapon categories.

It all comes down to what you want to do with either one of them.

• Like 1

The Bison is great at killing Zombies and players that haven't spotted you yet. It may take a little while until they die, but they will have no idea from where they are being shot.

The FN FAL is much much stronger than the Bison and can kill a player in 1 or 2 shots, making it far more lethal, but also more audible.

Bison is good only for silently killing zombies, otherwise it's a pretty shitty weapon.

FN Fal on the other hand has outstanding accuracy and damage, ironsights are great too. If you're going to do some PvPing this is the gun for you.