Ruthl3ss86

Framerate issues

Maybe a issue' date=' i had remove my DayZ mod and reinstalled, and FPS drop is gone .

[/quote']

ill give that a shot, i had no idea so many other people were having this issue also, glad my post generated this much buzz so the day z team can see it :)

Time to share my experience with this one.

First post so obligatory " omfg this mod is awesome even in alpha form "

Held a steady Fps around 40-50 since joining the alpha a few weeks back.

after last nights first patch and hotfix all was as before. Infact the game felt smoother overall despite the same FPS readings (fraps) gotta love that turbo climb up the ladders !.

logged in this morning and continued where I left and got a couple of hours of good gaming in.

After finally getting snipered in the face i respawned and my Fps had plummeted to 10-15 fps' date=' regardless of where on the map I was.

figured it was my pc having a mew so restarted, same story, shitty fps.

hit these forums and read thru this thread, saw mention of someone saying it's an Arma thing releated to server performance, I'l be honest, I rubished it and tried everything else. drivers update kiling other running progs etc. problem persisted so I decided to try some other servers as a last resort...

dude was right (sorry who ever posted it should have quoted you properly)

after a couple of other servers also gave the same low fps gameplay

I landed on a chicago server which resulted in a whopping steady 50-60 Fps

I have experiemented a little and can confirm some servers I get 10 fps others I get 50 upwards, I can see no obvious reasoning as to why some work and others don't , all had similar ping etc.

can only conclude it's a problem with the hotfix or patch server side.

give it a go. go hit up some random servers untill either Rocket fixes it or you find one that isn't borked.

(snip: on the servers I had low Fps no one else in game had the same issue, if that is relevant)

[/quote']

Thank you for this post, ill jump around servers until i can find one with playable fps for now i guess

Hi,

I m not sure it s server related since on the same server it worked flawlessy then after leaving and coming back fps drops occured again :/

Mike

Did you try playing on several servers ? I got like 10fps on a US server, then I moved to another one from europe and it climbed up to 40. Same number of players/zeds on both servers.

Im about to test server jumping to see if i can find a server that has playable fps, usually what happens though is my fps starts out at 30-40 then slowly starts to decline

Best way around the fps drop is to join a server that is freshly restarted. Have a nice dayz

Whew atleast I'm not the only one.. MSI Afterburner shows that only 10-15% of my GTX560 are used when playing DayZ..

Yeah the FPS in this game sucks' date=' before the patch it was a bit better but still horrid. I am now up to the point I'm just gonna stick my middlefinger up and say fuck this piece of fucktard engine. Thanks for having me waste 25 euro on this crap. Great concept but I won't be back.

Rocket - leave BI and join a company that knows how to build a fucking engine, because you have a great idea here, but I'm losing all hope that this turd will run any better in the future.

[/quote']

What the hell is wrong with you?

Real Virtuality is pretty awesome engine and Bohemia knows what they are doing. Sure, it has glitches, but the main focus in the engine is simulation and huge draw distances, there's really nothing that matches it in that regard.

You could try ARMA 2 for free and see if your computer can handle it, but you instead went ahead and spent money on it, to play incomplete mod that's only going through alpha testing. It's not the developer's fault.

To not go completely off-topic:

The latest update made huge FPS issues for me, my framerate dropped from pretty solid 60FPS to something like 5-10FPS.

Running 2500K, double HD6950. Latest Catalyst and CAP. Tried various 3D resolutions and other settings, but didn't manage to get proper performance. Used to run very well at 2560x1440 with high/medium settings.

Any update on the hotfix? Game is unplayable for me.

After patch dropped to 25 fps, which is still playable, but I logged off and rejoined the same server after playing for an hour to fix a graphics glitch, and when I came back I had 7-10 fps slideshow. Now nothing will even get it back to that 25 fps, let alone the 45-60 I had pre-patch.

I too am still having this issue. As previous posters have stated, if you server surf for a bit, you'll come across one that doesn't seem to have the fps issue. I avg about 45mins finding a 'decent' server to play on. Hope this issue is sorted out soon!

I too am still having this issue. As previous posters have stated' date=' if you server surf for a bit, you'll come across one that doesn't seem to have the fps issue. I avg about 45mins finding a 'decent' server to play on. Hope this issue is sorted out soon!

[/quote']

Guessing that means its a script issue that starts running to fast/to many instances on the server, using up all the CPU power.

Ah the joy. Takes 20 minutes to even get on to one of these stupid servers, just to find out its night, even though its in a daytime region, or that you have 2 fps. Rinse and repeat.

Just saw this on the dayZ twitter feed..fix should be coming soon, hopefully!

Day Z Development

‏@dayzdevteam

We have been looking into the FPS/LAG issues and we have found a major problem, we are working on the solution thanks for reporting it guys

YAY the dev team saw it,!! ok can i at least get a little recognition for starting this post? :)

I've had very low FPS since 1.5.8. Around 10 FPS in citeis and around 20 outside cities.

I didn't check my fps before that since the game was running good imo.

No matter how low settings i set the FPS remains the same.

Can it have something to do with ArmaA 2 Free version?

Pc specs.

Intel Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz

4GB Ram

GTX560 Ti with latest drivers

Windows 7 64bit

-

same issue, the 1.6.0.1 didn't really help

still down to 15 from the 40 i had :-/

I had excellent FPS until 1.6.0.1 now it starts off high and quickly drops down to unplayable. So around 60fps, then 15 mins later about 10.

Nvidia 560ti

Never actually got to try the mod, had horrible fps. Been trying to connect to servers for hours and if I'm damn lucky I can enter a server to later ragequit with the 5fps I have.

Any ideas when the fix will be out?

using PlayClaw to monitor CPU and GPU usage.

1.6.1 low fps, but CPU and GPU usage not 100% so CPU and GPU is not bottleneck! it some software limit like VSync do.

---

PLEASE monitor your CPU usage while in game

Same here, I think ever since 1.5.8.4 it's been downhill. It definitely gets worse the longer you you play, and relogging on same server doesn't help. Some servers seem worse then others, it really is bizarre overall.

Died at NW airfield and my framerate dropped down to around 10.

And now trying to fix it, I'm getting knocked unconscious every time I join a server because its punishing me for logging on and off so often.

Using an Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M