RedDedZed

Simple Deterance to Trigger happy CoD fans and "bandits"

The KoS with no reaction to a careless action is problem. Create a system, like PTSD. Killing people should reflect mental state after you lose you humanity and morals. Creating a more hostile enviroment should deter some of the kids to stop playing this like COD. I wish this game would be more a Zed Survival sim than every other FPS. Right now Zed are little to no problem, crawl or crouch to avoid and if you pull run through bushes. I shoot Zed only if i feel like using the stockpile of ammo i have.

Basing this on your humanity level you should suffer from a number of problem as you become more of a psychotic killer, general ideas i had was hearing ghostsounds like opening soda cans or as much as hearing gunshots around you. I would like input or altered concepts, but i think this should be close and sublte to what PTSD does IRL. Just giving a deterance to not be a gunwielding idiot that calls himself a "bandit". No im not crying about being killed by these individuals, i just want this game to be much more difficult so people feel the need to band together, or i can have a reason to help people that are not in my group already. If a new player is being chased or got himself in a spot of certain death, i would be more than happy to help out if it wasn't a 90% chance this novice will freak out and shoot me, deters me to be human and preserve our race.

Give us a challenge other than " If i shoot it will mark me as a target for any trigger happy noob with a lee to sit and wait for me to crawl in a room."

I enjoyed making an operation to Bzino to get antibiotics for a teamate coughing. Establishing overwatch, Squad formation and hoping for a quick in and out mission for supplies. Didn't go that way at all when a noob with a Doublebarrel decided to shoot a friend, huge mistake on his part but still he chose to fire with out thinking. I don't mind bandits that set up roadblocks or actually steal and not murder for a chance to get beans. Zed drop beans too lol.

Basicly i want the game to reflect realism, since to a bandit it is totally real and justified to kill every living thing in sight. You can not fight most bandits because, if they wish, they can just server hop, change names, or abort bomb, which eliminates any bad rep these problem children have.

Also rather than call each other carebears, put up suggestions to add to this. I could care less what you think i am or how i play. If your ego needs the boost then help yourself to catagorize me :)

Edited by RedDedZed
  • Like 9

Love this. Nuff said, add a sanity meter. I am forced to shoot people on sight because I am afraid of being KoS'd myself.

Edited by BrightLiteFilms
  • Like 3

Yes my ego needs a boost so I make it seem like something I don't like in this game, must be caused by others from "another" game I suck at . . . .

PTSD isn't a realistic answer. This game is good enough at making you feel fear, and causing auditory and visual hallucinations. There is no need for artificial intervention, and it is a poor reflection of the human psyche. I do agree that this game needs to be made harder, but approaches like this have been beaten to death. Why am I even posting a response?

It seems you have a problem with my play style.

Why don't you take that up with my AS50?

• Like 7

I'm a bandit but I don't KoS generally. I watch the NW airfield and kill people who are server hopping for loot. If you don't wanna deal with CoD kiddies then get away from the coast. Move as far inland as possible. A sanity meter would be kind of nice but if it had some kind of timer on kills so people like me can still kill Server hoppers with no negative effects.

Bandits like me actively try to make the server better.

• Like 1

Hello there

There's need for "both" general types of players, so why not simply have one type of server "pure" Dayz and another type "Relaxed" where either FF is off or reduced.

Different characters for both, so no farming.

A bit more infrastructure would be needed, but it's a quick and dirty fix.

rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

Rocket has already said that he will NEVER implement a mechanic to punish banditry

It isn't punishing anything. It is making the game more realistic.

No its not...

Your assuming that everyone who shoots another person is just going to bust down and start crying in the fetal position...

Not at all saying you will cry in the shower or anything. but im glad to hear there are a bunch of Stone cold killers on the net. Honestly mindless killing in dull and pathetic. Back on topic, feel free to offer alternate system to negate this easy mode deathmatch game. I want this game to be a challenge and not have to result in target practice unexpecting survivors. Any way this is a suggestion forum for an alpha game, why not try new things. Rocket states that this is a Zombie survival sim, so lets make it one instead of a Deathmatch with hunger and thrist.

Yes my ego needs a boost so I make it seem like something I don't like in this game, must be caused by others from "another" game I suck at . . . .

ha yeah im so bad at this game that i want to make it harder. that makes sense. please don't waste your time on these posts, you are way too pro for us if you can assume i suck at a game because i suggest reactions to careless actions, minimal intervention that it is noticable but does not affect you aim nor stats. and when your humanity goes up, your conditions go away, it is a deterance for people to grab a lee and sit in cherno. You are not pro nor cute, more or less a waste of space. You commit murders or mass murder (get them killstreaks cuz ur pro), im sure you will feel remorse or grief, i don't see why you are so close minded on testing new things.

last time i waste my time with you "uber pro" bunch that claims murder is banditry, try looking up a word once before you use it :) Say something with meaning and an actual concept vs your thoughts on how much of a noob or carebear you think I am. You could give me a laugh and threaten me with an AS50 tho, funny stuff, big talk from a man that hides in a bush and camps.

No its not...

Your assuming that everyone who shoots another person is just going to bust down and start crying in the fetal position...

I love your signature cuz you won't accept a challenge as simple as this. the only people crying in this post are the "bandits" that think they shouldn't have consequences for thier actions.

• Like 1

Yes to this on one condition;

People with a high play time and low amount of murders have an angelic glow about them; perhaps the clouds part above them and God himself shoots a ray of light (visible to everyone of course) out of his arse to bathe the guy in all His holy glory for being such a stand up member of post-apocalyptic Chernarus.

• Like 2

Why does everyone on this subforum think the game requires a complex moral system to solve banditry? Telling people how they should feel doesn't seem to be in-line with Rocket's vision.

Yes to this on one condition;

People with a high play time and low amount of murders have an angelic glow about them; perhaps the clouds part above them and God himself shoots a ray of light (visible to everyone of course) out of his arse to bathe the guy in all His holy glory for being such a stand up member of post-apocalyptic Chernarus.

That seems a lil OP and annoying if the individuals play at night vision w/ NVG. Also would be forceful choice of religion onto the player which isn't right. I do like the thought of this system goin both ways. :) lets keep the ideas flowing ladies and gents.

Why does everybody think it would be different in a "real" apocalypse? No more society, no more social rules, only you close to dying and an overall enemy territory. Ofc. Zeds are not as dangerous as men. They can`t handle weapons. And don`t want your stuff...

• Like 1

I suggest if you don't want to deal with pvp then avoid areas where you will encounter pvp, while your at it avoid gear that other players would kill you for.

This means avoiding new players as they have no gear so yours is always better, and it means avoiding the hot zones in the north. Simple enough huh?

While your at it try and rob someone in game without killing them first, see how it works out and then come back and complain about KOS.

Sigh, no it is not going to make the game realistic.

There will never be a deterrent to bandits.

Why does everyone on this subforum think the game requires a complex moral system to solve banditry? Telling people how they should feel doesn't seem to be in-line with Rocket's vision.

Why should the game tell me when Im hungry or thristy, when im not. People won't get tired of running, injured when shot, or cold when they are in the rain at night. According to your logic we should all be perfect examples of lone survivors, which is not a simulator in the least. I don't have a problem with most bandits, and i think you guys have me as some sort of carebear liberation leader.

Im saying im stuck at playing your Deathmatch game because of said actions being commited, i understand its a game and you feel little to zero regret for gunning down your fellow man for funnzies and a good K/D. I would like to help out new guys and such. you guys are hindering every other playstyle with you mindless slaughter, so you contradict yourself when you claim im punishing you(or im talking about god smiting you). this is subtle deterance, a idea that should be developed or branched into an new concept. Other wise, Rocket should stop claiming this is a Zed survival game, and label is another FPS like the rest but w/ zombies!

• Like 1

I suggest if you don't want to deal with pvp then avoid areas where you will encounter pvp, while your at it avoid gear that other players would kill you for.

This means avoiding new players as they have no gear so yours is always better, and it means avoiding the hot zones in the north. Simple enough huh?

While your at it try and rob someone in game without killing them first, see how it works out and then come back and complain about KOS.

You are once again assuming i don't know how to play this game. I don't need tips, i don't need to avoid pvp. i could do what all you "pro bandits" do and sit around and wait for people to kill. That gets boring fast, if i wanted deathmatch i would play anyother FPS. This game offers something different but i don't see anything but a thrist and hunger. "pros" camping isn't any diferent from CoD or BF

PFFT!

there already IS consequence for mindless murder in game. The random killers fast run out of friends, and people distrust them so they are left wandering alone....

OR they draw attention to themselves from all the shooting and another bandit kills and loots them.

OOOORRR

they realise that sitting alone in cherno/electro with a sniper rifle gets them killed quick so they end up teaming up with others to survive.....therefore the emergent gameplay works.

I think having the ability to kill other players should never be deterred. I enjoy hunting other people down for the challenge. Surviving alone in this game is simply not enough and can be done for an indefinite amount of time. Risking your own life to scout and attack the NWairfield or Bzino is fun, especially some of the battles you can find at Stary, while hiding in a forest and killing animals all day is boring. Honestly I do feel bad for some players who are struggling in this game mainly because of player killing but I don't want changes to be made to deter that on my favorite servers. I think the best option would be to let there be some PvP servers and some PvE servers with no character switching between the two.

Edited by mindtunnel